NC NC - Northampton Co, Christmas Doe, Blk/WhtFem, UP2196, 4-7, near I-95 rest area, Dec'83

Christmas Jane Doe is featured in a new exhibition hosted by The University of South Florida’s Institute of Forensic Anthropology & Applied Science (IFAAS).
New USF Art Exhibit Aims to Help Solve Cold Case Homicides
Exhibition displays consist of clay busts and drawings, digital compositions, artifacts and information about the crime scenes. Kimmerle, USF graduate students and Sgt. Sergio Soto, a forensic artist with IFAAS, created the reconstructions and exhibit. Their work is part of the ongoing statewide cold case initiative by IFAAS, for which the team conducted a number of forensic methods - such as exhuming Jane and John Doe graves for skeletal analysis, facial and clothing reconstructions, chemical isotope testing of the bones, hair and teeth, as well as DNA testing.
Art of Forensics

Case 20: Christmas Jane Doe

usf-18-030c.jpg

Clay Sculpture: Sergio Soto

The day after Christmas, a hunter discovered the skeletal remains of a young girl in a wooded area behind a rest stop. She was between 4 and 6-years-old and likely of African American or mixed African American/European ancestry. Although cause and manner of death is unknown, skeletal analysis revealed that she had multiple facial injuries in the process of healing and likely suffered from chronic ear infections. Chemical isotope analysis suggests she was local to North Carolina region.

Date of Discovery: December 26, 1983

USF18-030C NamUs: UP 2196
ME: 83-844

Any information that may assist with this case please contact:
Clyde Gibbs, North Carolina Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
(ph.) 919-743-9077 / clyde.gibbs@dhhs.nc.gov

My name is Alan Roye and I am a Lieutenant with the Northampton County (NC) Sheriff's Office. I have just recently found out about this case and have really got in to it. I need a lot of help. I am desperate to know as much as I can about this case. I (we) cannot find any record, report or photo here at the sheriff's office. All I can find is what I have found on the internet, through our state medical examiners office and NamUS. I am available to anyone who has any ideas or thoughts. 252-678-4761 or alan.roye@nhcnc.net
I need your help!

My name is Alan Roye and I am a Lieutenant with the Northampton County (NC) Sheriff's Office. I have just recently found out about this case and have really got in to it. I need a lot of help. I am desperate to know as much as I can about this case. I (we) cannot find any record, report or photo here at the sheriff's office. All I can find is what I have found on the internet, through our state medical examiners office and NamUS. I am available to anyone who has any ideas or thoughts. 252-678-4761 or alan.roye@nhcnc.net
I need your help!

Bumping.

I need your help!

Bumping

Is there a ruleout list on Namus?
3 Exclusions:
MP3351 Jovonna Crawford 06/05/1981 Fairfield CT
MP9693 Telethia Good 09/10/1978 Baltimore MD
MP1781 Phyllis Powell 01/11/1963 Northampton NC

Circumstances of Recovery - On December 26, 1983, the remains of the decedent were discovered by hunters in a wooded area off of Interstate 95 . Based on forensic anthropological analysis of remains, the decedent is estimated to be a 4-6 year old female of mixed African American and European ancestry. Assuming the year of death was 1983, an individual aged 4-6 years at death would have been born between 1977 and 1979. Isotope analysis indicates the decedent was likely born and lived in the USA. Oxygen isotopes indicate the decedent, and potentially her mother, may have migrated considerably around the Eastern U.S. during the short lifespan of the decedent. During pregnancy the mother possibly resided in the Midwest to Northeast U.S., then after birth the child spent the first years of her life in the northern portion of the Southeast U.S. Bone oxygen isotope data suggest that during the last couple years of her life, the child may have resided to the south of the region where she was found, in the areas of Central and Southern Florida and a region of Central Texas.

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current NamUs exclusion list for Northampton County Jane Doe?

3 Missing Person Exclusions

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP3351Jovonna Crawford
Date of Last ContactJune 05, 1981
StateCT
CountyFairfield

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP9693Telethia Good
Date of Last ContactSeptember 10, 1978
StateMD
CountyBaltimore

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP1781Phyllis Powell
Date of Last ContactJanuary 11, 1963
StateNC
CountyNorthampton

I need your help!
@othram how about this - motivated LE who posted on this thread! If they couldn't afford a program maybe crowd-fund?
Yes, ask them to reach out, connect@othram.com.
I wonder if communication was ever established.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb
Back