NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, 11/10/09 TRIAL THREAD

I haven't posted at all during this trial but have followed it closely, just as I followed it when this little angel first went missing. I've been so heartbroken watching the news each night and hearing the details of what this monster did to that precious, innocent child. I hope the jury does the right thing next week and issues the death penalty.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/05/13/1255711?sac=fo.local
At Shaniya Davis' grave, memories are kept alive; visits up since murder trial began
Here in this quiet, tree-lined patch just off busy U.S. 301, Shaniya Davis is far from forgotten.
Visitor after visitor stops by the granite marker that identifies her grave to place a stuffed animal, a flower, a ceramic angel.

Beautiful! Shaniya and all her Angel friends love it, I'm sure.

And a big THANK YOU! to Shaquille O'Neal. Bless his generous, loving and caring big heart!

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 4m
Summary of today: Lots of technical testimony had ppl taking frequent breaks, and McNeill doing origami at one point #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Arrrggghhh. That makes me want to shoot him -- and I hate guns, would never have one, and I am against all guns except ones that are truly for hunting non-human animals. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Again, I would have thought they had all kinds of forensic, this is making me uncomfortable, you cant prove rape or murder by a video of them entering the elevator, please please tell me they are going to surprise us with something! anything!:please:

Mmmpff, sloane -- I think what we and the jurors saw is what we and they get. It's done.
Bummer.
<smh>
Touch & go, IMO.
That inhuman, evil monster.

Many thanks to all the good people keeping us updated on the trial. It is awful quiet - but there are probably a lot of reasons for that. And poor Shaniya never really had many advocates in her little lifetime and now in her death - it doesn't seem much better.
Glad she is playing with the angels now and no one can hurt her anymore.

bbm

No, karen, she didn't, but she has a host of advocates now! But yes, I can see that pretty-beyond-belief little face smiling all the time now. She has many, many now down here in this imperfect world, and she has a heaven full of fans, far better than we can imagine.

And one of the things I hope for her -- and for me and my better angel -- is that she was not assaulted until after her death. Oh, that's the one thing I let myself think, and I pray that it is true.

She had a family who loved her very much "down here".
And they still do.

JMO

I have followed Shaniya's case every day and am sorry I don't post a lot. The hurt goes deep for me on this case as it does for all of you.

I simply will not be able to bear it if this monster is not convicted. My granddaughter will not be able to bear it either. They are at Ft. Bliss, Texas, having been trandferred from Ft. Bragg in Fayetteville. She and I talk about Shaniya every day. There will be no decond chance for justice for Shaniya if this monster is not convicted because her so-called mother will not have to pay the ultimate price for what she did. I think she as well as MAM should have to both pay with their lives.

I cannot say more without getting a T/O. I've never had one and don't want one now.

MOO

I stopped posting a long time ago... I predicted an unfair trial long ago. I saw strange writings on the wall.
(I stopped posting a year ND A HALF before the Caylee trial CAME TO AN END TO).
(I DID GET a TO on the Anna Nicole case, but I saw the writing on the wall there too)

I would like to be very wrong about this case… but he will get some time, not enough.
I liked nothing about the way it started out...
I also was outraged at them letting monster mom out for any reason at all.
I am not shocked I am sad and angry at the way it is going.

For some reason I never was worried about MAM being found guilty and getting either life or DP. I still think he will be put away for at the very least the rest of his life.

I think MAM will get the DP and Shaniya's bio mom will get life.

Ima

For some reason I never was worried about MAM being found guilty and getting either life or DP. I still think he will be put away for at the very least the rest of his life.

I think MAM will get the DP and Shaniya's bio mom will get life.

Ima

I agree.

I am praying all the time that MAM gets punished to the fullest extent possible. I am worried also about his lawyers not putting on a defence and possible appeals by MAM due to ineffective representation down the line.

Does anyone know when the case will likely go to the jury? I want to make sure I am here on alert for news. I will set up a google alert if I can so I get emails if there is any news about the case.

Hopefully the monster who hurt you will be punished soon Shaniya.

The jury is to be back on Tuesday 5/21. Closing arguments will start then I would think.

Brandon H. Herring &#8207;@bhherring 13m
...Human trafficking, indecent liberties with a child, & 1st degree murder are the other charges facing McNeill. #ShaniyaDavis #Fayetteville

Brandon H. Herring &#8207;@bhherring 16m
Charges against McNeill: rape of child, sex offense of child, 1st degree kidnapping, sexual servitude of a minor (3 more)... #ShaniyaDavis

Brandon H. Herring &#8207;@bhherring 19m
Judge & attorneys have finished for today in McNeill trial. Closing arguments scheduled for all day tomorrow. #ShaniyaDavis #Fayetteville

Brandon H. Herring &#8207;@bhherring 1h
Today I'm back in court for Mario McNeill trial. Jury is away as judge & attorneys discuss specific charges/wording for jury. #ShaniyaDavis

Michael Futch &#8207;@FO_Futch 1h
Typical charge conference: lawyer describes today portion of #ShaniyaDavis case. Defense opposes sexual traffick, sexual servitude charges

Michael Futch &#8207;@FO_Futch 3h
Mario McNeill murder trial resumes Tuesday w/ closing arguments expected #ShaniyaDavis. Defense not presenting evidence; Mario no testify.

Michael Futch &#8207;@FO_Futch 3h
Continuation of charge conference between lawyers, judge determines what jurors will be told regarding law this morning i#ShaniyaDavis case.

Nicole Carr &#8207;@NicoleCarrABC11 33m
Courtroom is packed today for closing arguments... #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11
Retweeted 6 times
Expand

Michael Futch Michael Futch &#8207;@FO_Futch 1h
Closing statements to be heard beginning this morn in Mario McNeill murder trial #ShaniyaDavis. State will go first; defense in afternoon

Expand

Paul Woolverton Paul Woolverton &#8207;@FO_Woolverton 2h
Lawyers to make closing statements to jury today in #ShaniyaDavis rape/murder case: http://fayobserver.com/articles/2013/05/20/1257428?sac=fo.home …

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

More

Please let the jurors get it right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Praying the prosecution says the right things this morning to really let the jury know what a MAM is. I hope that jury leaves today knowing what we know.

Justice is near!

My stomach is in knots. Hoping the pros has made their case and will be able to drive it home during closing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back