NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, 11/10/09 TRIAL THREAD

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 1m

#breaking Lastly, McNeill only found not guilty of 1/7 counts, rape of a child #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Breaking News: A Cumberland County jury has found Mario Andrette McNeill guilty of killing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in November 2009. He was acquitted of kidnapping and raping her.

How could he be acquitted of kidnapping?

Thank God it's first degree but how they didn't find kidnapping and take us beyond me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Woolverton ‏@FO_Woolverton 1m

#ShaniyaDavis: Mario McNeill guilty of murder & 5 other charges; not guilty of rape of a child

Because her mother gave him to her.
He didn't abduct her.

However, I am seeing conflicting reports, some are saying he WAS convicted of kidnapping.

And there wasn't DNA evidence that he raped her, so I understand that.

I'm just VERY grateful they convicted on murder. I really didn't know if we'd even get that.

I don't understand the the need for DNA!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WNCN ‏@WNCN 51s

McNeill only found not guilty on 1 of 7 charges, child rape. #ShaniyaDavis

Breaking News: A Cumberland County jury has found Mario Andrette McNeill guilty of killing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in November 2009. He was acquitted of kidnapping and raping her.

How could he be acquitted of kidnapping?

Some reporters are saying guilty on kidnapping, some not guilty. Nicole Carr says guilty on everything but rape.

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 4m
#breaking Lastly, McNeill only found not guilty of 1/7 counts, rape of a child #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 5m
#breaking mcneill also found guilty of indecent liberties w a child, sexual servitude and human trafficking of a child #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 6m
#breaking: McNeill also found guilty of 1st degree kidnapping, sexual offense of a child... #ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 11m
#Breaking McNeill found guilty of first degree murder #ShaniyaDavis

How could he be found guilty of kidnapping if the allegations against Shainya's mom, AD are true?

I am bummed about the rape conviction not going thru. But I kinda get the kidnapping thing.

It's about half and half... half saying convicted on 6 counts and half saying convicted on 5 counts.
But ALL are saying convicted of MURDER.

Now, the question is what made him eligible for the death penalty?
Just the murder itself?? Or did they need kidnapping and/or rape for that?

whew, deep breath, gonna wait til this verdict settles a minute and hope for clarity from reporters regarding exactly which charges he was found guilty on.

Breaking News: A Cumberland County jury has found Mario Andrette McNeill guilty of killing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in November 2009. He was found guilty on six of seven charges – first-degree murder, sexual offense of a child, indecent liberties of a child, human trafficking, first-degree kidnapping and sexual servitude. The jury found him not guilty of rape. Keep up with breaking news at http://www.wral.com/

whew, deep breath, gonna wait til this verdict settles a minute and hope for clarity from reporters regarding exactly which charges he was found guilty on.

Everyone says guilty of murder and not guilty of rape.
It's the kidnapping that's unclear... and honestly I don't think it matters.
I think if he WAS convicted of kidnapping the egg donor could use that in her defense couldn't she?

Paul Woolverton ‏@FO_Woolverton 42s

Mario McNeill will die in prison.
Jury must decide if it's by Natural causes or by Execution #ShaniyaDavis

How could he be found guilty of kidnapping if the allegations against Shainya's mom, AD are true?

I am bummed about the rape conviction not going thru. But I kinda get the kidnapping thing.

Yes I wanted RAPE too! he raped her no question she had no idea! well gameface shot all to hell, hello tears ! I am happy but I hope a deal is not made for him to testify against AD (like he stays out of gen pop, if no DP)

Everyone says guilty of murder and not guilty of rape.
It's the kidnapping that's unclear... and honestly I don't think it matters.
I think if he WAS convicted of kidnapping the egg donor could use that in her defense couldn't she?

Paul Woolverton ‏@FO_Woolverton 42s

Mario McNeill will die in prison.
Jury must decide if it's by Natural causes or by Execution #ShaniyaDavis

YES thats why I do understand that part !!!!! yay yay

I'm not sure about the kidnapping. The way I understand *kidnapping*, one can be found guilty of kidnapping by simply detaining a child. The kidnapping charge wasn't against the mother. What I mean is 'he took this child away without the childs consent.' Regardless of what mother may have said or done, McNeill KNEW he was taking a child for an unlawful *purpose*. JMO

Guilty - Murder One. Thank you jury. I don't understand the one NG count but at least they got him for murder. Rest in peace, little one.

He was guilty of kidnapping because Mom didnt have custody. Mom couldnt give her to him. She couldnt transfer custody-she didnt have it. imo.

I understand them dropping the rape charge. I do. I think they were trying to be conscientious. I think they needed something more definitive.

I hope he gets LWOP and has to serve his time in GP. That will be justice to me.

MAM, God and Shaniya know what he did to her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back