NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, IMO, the "big" picture does require some scrutiny or looking into of how Shaniya ended up into her mother's care. And that definitely includes her father sanctioning her going into AD's care. He had the last word on it, not his sister, not this Tim Allen, and not his ex-in-laws. Just because he was away for weeks or even months at a time due to his job, or maybe his decision was because of this fact, does not make looking into it any more than wanting to find the truth.

To get to point B, you have to follow point A.

I'm not going to take a stand on the burns yet, but unless the friend and family are outright making stuff up, Shaniya told them she was burned by cigarettes, and they told Brad.

So Brad is either saying that:
a) they are lying, or
b) Shaniya was lying, and it was just eczema.

Knowing what we know now, and knowing what I do about children that age reporting abuse, I tend to think she was honestly telling them she was burned, and his disbelief of her is just another example of his refusal to appreciate the dangers he was exposing her to.

If so, then this should be a huge lesson to parents as well. When your child says they are being abused, don't send her back to the accused until you've investigated and are 100% sure she's safe with them.

Like I've said over and over and over and over...
I get it. I have questions too. I just choose not to ask them now.
But, nothing wrong with me asking where the proof is in the acusations of the father.

But, IMO saying the dad and aunt delivered her like a lamb to the slaughter was too much. Like I said, It's my opinion.

elepher50 that is the same line of pondering I am on. It just seemed liked he knew him, somehow someway. Plus did you catch the brothers statement that convicted felons deserve a second chance , they can change.!!

eta I am not diagreeing with that statement or agreeing with it it just seemed odd to offer forgiveness to a felon when you are a crime victim... am I making sense?

What you are saying is making sense - I think this needs digging into further but not sure right at this time quite where to start. Now I have a confession to make: I haven't watched the video but you were the 2nd WSer to mention this and it did catch my eye the 2nd time around. I will watch the video though.

OK...so the Aunt dropped her off...dad was out of town...why aren't we casting stones at her? If it were my niece and I was asked to drop her off in a hell-o hole...I'd put my car in reverse and head home.

Oh I have...I still can't understand how she dropped her off there...

but at least she seems to really show remorse....she didn't have any "legal" pull that we know of...she herself is a single mom...she has 3 kids of her own
she didn't like AD....there seems to be some (maybe recent) division between her and her brother

from what the aunt says she thought the visit was to be for 2 days...then it turns out that AD told her she would "not see Shaynia again"...
the dad was out of town

in hindsight ...yeah I think they should have just gone in there and taken her or gone there and called the cops or done whatever

you would have known felons and drugs and people living there who were not supposed to be there....

just a phone call to the rental office and AD might have been thrown out

trailer parks do have pretty strict rules (some of them need them) and this one seems to have strict rules to keep problems at bay

tell me...would you drop your kids off at Sleepy Hollow??

My eyes are getting heavy and I think I may finally be able to get some rest since seeing poor little Shaniya...but before I go I want to repost something that I said earlier.

I don't understand how NO ONE did anything to help this little angel...NO ONE. Everyone's adding their two cents NOW but what about when she needed them the most? I truly believe everyone involved knew this baby should NOT have been where she was but probably never thought this would've been the end result. It was said, if you wanted sex and/or drugs...you could go there. I fault EVERY last one of them...father, aunt, friend, cousin, father-in-law, brother, sister, boyfriend, neighbor, teacher, principal, counselor, social worker..anyone who saw the red flags. We each have a responsibility...it truly takes a village. We need to stop focusing on me and starting thinking about we. I haven't been able to sleep since I saw the picture of our angel in the hotel...how are THEY able to sleep?

He sent her from his 150k home with his BMW to a filthy trailer and under no court order to do so. Why isnt that neglect?

How did he afford such a home with so many kids?? And can someone point me to pics of the mobile home. I have googled with no luck. That poor little girl. The pics of her by the elevator in the hotel are heartbreaking. She must have been so confused, terrified and scared.

Tonight was the first I heard that Shaniya's aunt would pick her up on weekends. I would assume she had to know Shaniya was not going to school?? Did she notice anything else, were there no other red flags here?

I also found the interviews with BL's other two children very non-emotional and non-chalant. I mean geez I've cried and cried over this child I never knew and her own step brother and sister seem to have no attatchment, or is it just me?

I thought it has been reported (not that that means much) that Shanyia said "mommy's friends" gave her the marks on her arm. So they were drug addicted prostitutes with eczema. Wow they were a sorry lot.

In a post way back they posted the search warrant of his car and found a portable GPS device in it.

Earlier in this thread or the one before it, I posted all the cars for which MAM was paying taxes. I'll post it again. But he could have a new car or for some reason not paying personal property taxes on the car he used that night.

MCNEILL, MARIO ANDRETTE
2613 PINE SPRINGS DR
FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28306
VEHICLE INFORMATION:
TAX YEAR TAX BILL NUMBER TAX DISTRICT AMOUNT PAID
2009 8734665 03 0021 $11.27
EXPIRATION DATE YEAR / MAKE / MODEL TAXABLE VALUE EXEMPTION
3/31/2010 1996 DODGE NEON $1,050.00 $0.00

MCNEILL, MARIO ANDRETTE
2613 PINE SPRINGS DR
FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28306
VEHICLE INFORMATION:
2009 6901043 04 0021 $37.19
4/30/2010 1998 CADI CATE $3,490.00 $0.00

MCNEILL, MARIO ANDRETTE
2613 PINE SPRINGS DR
FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28306
VEHICLE INFORMATION:
2009 8915121 04 0021 $56.37
4/30/2010 1997 DODGE RAM4 $5,290.00 $0.00

If he was in a Mitsubishi, it was either new this year or in someone else's name. Per NC Dept of Corrections, MAM also used the last names McNeail and McNeil, but I didn't find any registered cars for him using those last names.

A reverse search of the Pine Springs Drive shows three other residents. One has a Ford Taurus. Her middle name is McNeill and ancestry.com shows her year of birth as 1961, so she could be MAM's sister. I couldn't find vehicle records for the other two people.

There are too many Samuel McNeill's to know which cars are his unless someone can give me his address.

Dustrus McNeill info from NC Department of Corrections - Aliases

Name(s) Of Record

MCNEIL DUSTY COMMITTED
MCNEILL DUSTIN COMMITTED
MCNEILL DUSTRIUS COMMITTED
MCNEILL DUSTRUS COMMITTED
MCNEILL DUSTRUS WILLIS COMMITTED
MCNEILL DUSTY COMMITTED
MCNEIL DUSTY ALIAS
MCNEILL DULY ALIAS
MCNEILL DUSTIN ALIAS

No registered cars for any of these names.

Do we now that aunt took baby to momsters home or did they meet somewhere nice??

Tonight was the first I heard that Shaniya's aunt would pick her up on weekends. I would assume she had to know Shaniya was not going to school?? Did she notice anything else, were there no other red flags here?

I also found the interviews with BL's other two children very non-emotional and non-chalant. I mean geez I've cried and cried over this child I never knew and her own step brother and sister seem to have no attatchment, or is it just me?

I thought it odd that children were in front of cameras. And where were all the adults? They may have been taken aback by being on TV etc. - but certainly seemed to be on stage. I noticed that too. Acted like this is no big deal.

First of all, check the laws, as this might not have been as easy as calling the rental office. here in MI, you do that, they laugh at you and tell you that it's illegal to ask.

Second, the trailer park may have rules, but they obviously are not enforced. The manager asked BD if there were other people in the trailer, BD told her a lie and the manager accepted it anyway. She noticed increased traffic to the trailer, she knew what that meant, yet didn't call it in.

Third, let's not hang too much on where the mother lived. My daughters father doesn't know where I live. He never will. Granted, the circumstances are much different, but the fact remains that I could be living in the middle of Crack Alley USA and it wouldn't change whether I were a good or bad parent.

Fourth, let's stop underestimating the enemy...they aren't the brightest, but we need to look at them clear eyed, you can't fight a beast you can't see clearly. There is some money and limited influence in that circle. There is also some intelligence, squandered though it is. It's easier to think they are dumb, inferior to us...based on brains alone, they aren't.

I am all for calling open season on the father, but some of this is ridiculous. The trailer didn't kill her. The father's mention of a BMW has no part in her death. His negligence may have. But FGS, there has to be a line somewhere.

do you have a link or "proof" of that? ?cause I had not heard that she "picked her up on weekends"

thanks

AD was babysitter to BL children after wife was murdered.

BTW what are the odds of a wife, SIL and child all being murdered???
just wierd!

Do you have a link that says Shaniya's mother babysat for Shaniya's dad before Shaniya was ever even thought about? The dad says that Shaniya was the result of a one night stand. I've never heard anything about that woman babysitting for Shaniya's dad's other children.

I need to look at the laws and statutes that cover child custody in that state before I come to a conclusion about any of it honestly.

I see the rumor that the Father's name was not on Shaniya's BC. (If that's been proven and I missed it please excuse me calling it a rumor).

I haven't seen yet any reports on the exact nature of a custody agreement whether formal or informal yet. I will hold out until I see those reports posted by a trustworthy media source as a report or the actual docs themselves.

I haven't seen any reports that Shaniya showed previous abuse at the hands of her Mother other than what was said by other family members, and given I don't know the nature of those family members relationships ~ I'm going to have to hold out on that one too.

The reason I have to hold out is that in many states when there is only one parent's name on the birth certificate and paternity has not been proven in a court of law (don't know if that happened or not) then it is the parent who's name that is on the BC that has the upper hand legally.

I don't know any facts about Shaniya's father. Therefore I'll hold my opinion. But it doesn't bother me that others have already formed opinions. To each his own. C'est la vie :)

Do you have a link that says Shaniya's mother babysat for Shaniya's dad before Shaniya was ever even thought about? The dad says that Shaniya was the result of a one night stand. I've never heard anything about that woman babysitting for Shaniya's dad's other children.

There is no link. It was a post in a blog. FWIW
It has not been confirmed as fact.

"Do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."

But, really, we don't know how much contact they had with her. Like, maybe they only saw her twice a year or whatever. We just don't really know what the whole family dynamics were really like.

*sigh* I wish we would get more factual info.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeepingKat