NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, still here... one more thing:

Regarding the father's degree of responsibility/blame here, I picture the father, siblings, in-laws, neighbors, friends, aunt, teachers as all being links in a huge chain holding Shaniya close to safety, away from danger. One by one those links were weakened and she fell prey to the most despicable lifeforms on this planet.

So are these links responsible for her death? No. They did not kill her, sodomize her, rape her, burn her, torture her.

Could the chain have saved her if it had remained intact? Absolutely.

Everyone shares the blame a little - they do. But none to the great extent that the monsters do. I don't believe they should be placed in the same category of Beings, much less the same level of blame and responsibility.

do you have a link or "proof" of that? ?cause I had not heard that she "picked her up on weekends"

thanks

No link, I saw it on NG tonight, I believe it was clips of the interview with her step brother, I could be wrong. But I remember thinking why had we not heard this.

Do you have a link that says Shaniya's mother babysat for Shaniya's dad before Shaniya was ever even thought about? The dad says that Shaniya was the result of a one night stand. I've never heard anything about that woman babysitting for Shaniya's dad's other children.

I'm sorry this thread is amess........I read it early today somewhere.
IIRC it was a news article with comments/blogs attached and it was there.
I'll never be able to find it for you.
And we don't know her age as she babysat either.
Older Kids do seem to know her.

Do you notice a common theme of women - fulltime babysitters

AD (strong rumor) - was his babysitter (well maybe a little more)

TY - wonderful babysitter

Aunt - wonderful babysitter/caregiver - but I'm guessing wasn't able to provide full-time services with her own family/job

AD - You need to learn to be a mom

Tonight was the first I heard that Shaniya's aunt would pick her up on weekends. I would assume she had to know Shaniya was not going to school?? Did she notice anything else, were there no other red flags here?

I also found the interviews with BL's other two children very non-emotional and non-chalant. I mean geez I've cried and cried over this child I never knew and her own step brother and sister seem to have no attatchment, or is it just me?

I think the kids in that family must be a bit detached after losing their mother and being moved around.

ETA: wanted to add that this is not their first dance so to speak. They've suffered tragedy before. That makes me sad to type that.

nite good people, will be on in the morn........hope Shaniya gets her justice tomorrow!!!
All perps arrested for murder 1 premeditated.......death penalty! (accually takes 20 years to do DP anyway) argggggg

The only place I've seen it mentioned that she was a babysitter for BL was in a blog. It was a post.

True, but those criticizing dad are not basing their opinions on proven facts. These are statements coming from individuals who have an axe to grind with BL. Not to mention the body language experts on this panel who can prove how all of this is his fault because he cried the wrong way. My favorite is the ulterior motive he had when he came out to meet his son during NG and whispered in his ear to be quiet. Give me a break...and what situation was dad sending her in to? Could the cigarette burns really have been eczema? Cheyenne said AD did drugs, but she also said AD was the "sweetest" "kindest" lady. Maybe AD told dad, I have a job, I have a place to live...and I am OFF drugs. Maybe dad just assumed the best in her and that she was really turning her life around. Dad was already gone when Shaniya was dropped off....where is the Aunts responsibility in all this...she let her out of the car?

While I agree that Dad didn't go about this the right way...it was an honest mistake, one that will haunt him for the rest of his life. He is by no means as despicable as the two being held for this crime...lets focus on them...and quite throwing stones at the man for issues that are not based on fact.

I guess we'll just have to disagree. :eek:

I see enough facts and support to justify the criticisms.

The aunt was distressed and didn't want her to go there at all. I wish she had kidnapped Shaniya and refused to follow the mother and father's wishes, but that would have had huge legal and personal repercussions for her. (It's also asking her to leap a much higher bar than the one her critics are forgiving the father for balking at.)

The fact that anyone is still asking what the problem was with the situation he sent her into is the reason we're posting; it's clear that not enough people grasp the warning signals that situation was flashing. Until every parent gets it, their children will suffer from it.

It's like watching a mother drive away from luncheon with her infant in her lap, and the other mothers won't stop her because they don't see the problem or they think it's rude. :sheesh:

I don't know what she was thinking when she said that JulieR but even her half brother made a comment about the pictures we can see of Shaniya where it is completely obvious she is well groomed and cared for and then we see the picture of her with MAM going into the elevator with her hair out.

I can only speak from a personal perspective in that when I saw the picture of Shaniya being carried into the hotel one of my first thought was "OMG look at her hair, what have they done to that baby?" I and my Husband just looked at each other and hung our head.

When you have a child with hair that is extremely curly or what is considered ethnic it can take more time in the mornings to bring it into a beautiful hairdo if you don't do it the night before. Even if it is to pull it up into pigtails and braid it down. Or to even put a doo rag on it...etc. Unless it's a dire emergency you never put your baby down with her hair out. You just don't. If you do-you is nasty LOL.

Sorry for the ramble on that part.

As for her repeating over and over that Shaniya could unlock a door. The report about the same day search warrants state that MAM picked up Shaniya from out front of the house, not from inside the house. Which implicates the mother even further. She was basically CYAing. She got her alibi in there before she even reported Shaniya missing (think- I just woke up and... you will see that used quite a bit in false 911 calls).

ETA: I see the question was about the word "out" yes, not braided down or put up otherwise.

I noticed the hair thing from the get go.....just didn't know how to say it. Thank you for explaining it. It almost looked like two different kids!
Oh, what a pretty little face though............the picture of innocence.

do you have a link or "proof" of that? ?cause I had not heard that she "picked her up on weekends"

thanks

LM I was half listening to NG tonight and IIRC there might have been mention of that scenario. When Patty posts the NG vids you might find it there. Hope that helps.

Tonight was the first I heard that Shaniya's aunt would pick her up on weekends. I would assume she had to know Shaniya was not going to school?? Did she notice anything else, were there no other red flags here?

I also found the interviews with BL's other two children very non-emotional and non-chalant. I mean geez I've cried and cried over this child I never knew and her own step brother and sister seem to have no attatchment, or is it just me?
It's not just you. I too noticed the older kids were very composed during their interviews. What I can't imagine is if Shaniya had been dropped off at the mobile home prior to her last (and final) visit, that no one ever went inside. At first I thought this was the only time she'd been dropped off there. MOO

I have seen cases where a "custodial" parent has to give the other parent visits..and they are afraid....afraid they won't bring the child back...or afraid the other parent will have drugs, bad people in the house...and sometimes these parents fight for their rights..sometimes we have seen horrible cases where the "bad" parent takes off with the kids (that "Rockefeller" guy for one)...or cases where the bad parent even killed the kids (that poor woman who spent so many years till they finally found the remains of her son and daughter)

really in the start I sort of *advertiser censored*-umed that this was like that...where he HAD to give up the child to this horrible birth mother.."one night stand"..he called her that from the start..and he said he would give her a chance..and then my hinkty meter went off...wow...he didn't HAVE to do this..

he clearly said she had her own place and 6 months work behind her....so give her a chance to "be a mother"...at that point I didn't even know how bad the situation really was...

when I saw that she was not working 6 months...just about 2 and part time...and was not on the lease....more red flags

the sister seems to be at odds...I just don't like the fact that this could have been so easily prevented

like "no I am not sending her over to you...sue me"

do you think that bunch of crack heads would go to court??

just think...if they had been phoning there..visiting there...the evil plan might not have been put into place..

a quick call to the cops...drugs...felons....party in Sleepy Hollow....could have stopped this before it came to the sad conclusion

people have to be pro active....again...wouldn't you check out a kennel for your dog??
I would

I think sometimes people convince themselves things will be ok, they put their own needs, their own wants ahead of the needs of a child...new girlfriend or fiance? a fight with his sister?? who knows??

more will be revealed...too late for Shaynia

maybe some other little kid can be saved tho??

It's not just you. I too noticed the older kids were very composed during their interviews. What I can't imagine is if Shaniya had been dropped off at the mobile home prior to her last (and final) visit, that no one ever went inside. At first I thought this was the only time she'd been dropped off there. MOO

Or, that they cleaned it up, hid stuff when they knew they were coming.

Kinda like a daycare worker cleaning your childs face and changing his/her diaper right before you normally pick them up.
IMO

McNeill, who is charged with taking Shaniya Davis, picked up the 5-year-old from in front of her home last Tuesday.

So mom had her ready to go!!!

I wonder where that baby girl thought she was going at that time in the morning? What did her mother tell her? How could that mother even look at that little girl knowing what fate she was sending her to?

I notice in the interview between Nancy Grace and Shaniya's older brother..he said that his dad was sending Shaniya to LIVE with her mother so the mother could learn to be a mother. The dad has said many times that she was going to LIVE with her mom. I think Cary...the dad's sister is the only one who wasn't aware that Shaniya wasn't coming back.

Okay, still here... one more thing:

Regarding the father's degree of responsibility/blame here, I picture the father, siblings, in-laws, neighbors, friends, aunt, teachers as all being links in a huge chain holding Shaniya close to safety, away from danger. One by one those links were weakened and she fell prey to the most despicable lifeforms on this planet.

So are these links responsible for her death? No. They did not kill her, sodomize her, rape her, burn her, torture her.

Could the chain have saved her if it had remained intact? Absolutely.

Everyone shares the blame a little - they do. But none to the great extent that the monsters do. I don't believe they should be placed in the same category of Beings, much less the same level of blame and responsibility.

Ummm....I have not seen anyone saying they should be held accountable at that level ...or arrested or whatever...

I personally think they should just shut up and go away ..they have nothing to offer, by putting themselves out there people are bound to watch and wonder and ask questions...and the answers are not very pretty so far

The monsters did not go out and snatch a child....the monster mom used her own daughter....she didn't go to court to get her....she didn't fight to get her...she was delivered over to her and no one apparently even was checking up to see how the new living arrangements /school etc were going

it was like...adios kiddo

I shudder to think how poor Shaynia must have felt.....not just the pain, the horrors...but crying out for the people she loved and who she thought loved her...well maybe they did...just not enough

Kinda like a daycare worker cleaning your childs face and changing his/her diaper right before you normally pick them up.
IMO

The aunt didn't go inside; she mentioned that in one of the interviews.

I agree. If the Aunt or father drove over to the trailer park and took Shaniya back, I am sure momster would not have run out and hired a lawyer to get her back. Especially if she was told that her past and current drug use would be disclosed to the court.

I don't think so either. But at least the dad had a legal right to refuse to give Shaniya to the mother and take it to court. Instead, he made the choice to give her to the momster.

The aunt was told by both the mother and the father to leave her there. She would have had a very tough time getting away with that without legal trouble I doubt she could afford, and she likely also feared losing any hope of further contact with Shaniya. Nasty dilemma. :sheesh:

IMO
That could be also ~and makes me wonder how long there was a sewage problem. That's not something easily hidden! MOO

The aunt didn't go inside; she mentioned that in one of the interviews.

What about the brother? He mentioned last night on NG about dropping her off or picking her up there.

If someone can say the father is to blame, I have every right to say I don't think he is.

Yea, I dont think that the father or the aunt could have ever expected anything like this to happen. I think he had her best interest at heart, its always good for children to know both of their parents and knowing that is something his other kids missed because their mom was killed....maybe he didnt want to take that from Shaniya. But we cant blame him for something he didnt do...well at least i dont...everyone is free to have their own opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member