Found Safe NC - Shaylie Madden, 7-week-old infant, Biltmore Park in Asheville, 9 May 2019 *Arrest*

So police came across the mom as she was walking. Who the hell called 911 if it wasn't the mom?
As Henderson County sheriff's deputies were called in around 5:30 p.m, investigators there received a call from a resident who had encountered Madden near a church (Barnwell Church) on a rural road. Deputies responded and found Madden, and later her car abandoned a short distance away, Griffin said.
Mom's story about a kidnapping unravels after her baby was found alive at bottom of ravine

Yeah, it's hard to fight off cynicism when the hinky meter volume is at 11.

As members here we've all agreed to work with the facts as they come out and to respect the victims - until we learn otherwise. That's what sets us apart from other forums IMO. So whaddya gonna do?

I really, really wanted this to be different from the 99%. But it followed a familiar pattern that we've all seen too many times before.

Mother arrested, charged, with first-degree attempted murder after deputies say she threw baby into 75-foot-ravine
The other familiar pattern - perps tend to be careless and don't plan what to do after their crime. Thank goodness.

This is sickening! Hope they go after her full force. MOO

Yep, ok then.
Why does a woman think it is better to kill her child than to fess up and tell her husband/parents/friends that she wants nothing to do with the child? In what universe is attempted murder better than admitting your weakness?

Because in their evil mind they believe their image is more important. MOO

The camera makes a sweep of the courtroom and her husband is not there. Imo, her husband (a physician) would be present to support her if he thought she was suffering from severe mental illness.
Speaking of her husband. Has any family member spoken? I can't believe this, I was just on here when the baby was found, so I stopped watching the thread.. came back to check in and everything changed.

Last edited:
hmmm, more to the story. I wonder about the family dynamics. I sure more stuff will come out.

I think they just mean it's not clear whether an agency has officially taken legal custody of the child, as in right now, after what her mother did to her.
LE might not have, or might not be willing to, disclose those details.

JMO

According to reporter, car was found on this bamboo farm--50 yards off the road

Kimberly King
From the photos, there appears to be a bamboo gate keeping trespassers off the property. So if Krista's Mazda was on that bamboo farm, she got out of her car and opened the gate to get her car in there. (More purposeful behavior that doesn't jive with the illogical, disorganized thinking of psychosis. Several logical steps were taken by Krista to hide her car.)
Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 3.36.04 PM.png

Last edited:
From ABC News 13
Kimberly King

3:30 Lady named Courtney heard and saw the back of a gray car on her gravel driveway (near where baby was later found)

Approx 5 pm-resident called LE stating Krista told him she and baby were abducted and the kidnappers still had possession of her baby

5:30 bamboo farm owners saw Krista’s abandoned Mazda on their property

7:30 baby was found

I could believe this crime occurred due to postpartum depression if Krista had told LE something like she being chased by nonexistent kidnappers and threw her baby in the ravine to save it. I could believe it was postpartum depression if she told LE that her baby drew long sharp teeth and morphed into a demon and she threw it into the ravine and ran for her life, but that's not the information we've been given.

The info we've been given is that Krista drove 20 miles away from her apartment to an extremely isolated, heavily forested area and threw her baby down a ravine in an area where it never should have been found if not for a merciful God.

Then she got back in her car and drove a couple of miles to another isolated area on private property.

It's unknown what she did for the hour or 2 hours after throwing her baby into the ravine, but she eventually got out of her car and opened up the bamboo gate which led to the private property bamboo farm. Then she got back into her car and drove it 50 feet down the isolated, private property road which hid her car from the main road.

Krista then walked or ran down this isolated, unpaved road out to a rural highway near the tiny white church. She must have flagged down someone driving near that tiny church and told them she had been kidnapped. I believe she flagged down someone because this tiny Baptist church is a one room facility. It doesn't have rooms filled with church offices where people would have been working.

I see a lot of obstruction of justice rather than illogical psychotic behavior.

Possibly OT:

Isn't Westminster College in Utah the college chosen by Mariah Brown of Sister Wives?

No
idea why that occurred to me. Although, the parents seem to be transplanted from the West? Idaho & Utah?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLWho
Back