GUILTY NC - Spc. Megan Touma, 23, pregnant, murdered, Fayetteville, 13 June 2008

I'm at work and can't open the links. Any chance that she came back to the states pregnant which enraged a boyfriend who was state side?

I'm at work and can't open the links. Any chance that she came back to the states pregnant which enraged a boyfriend who was state side?

On some of the sites they are estimating that she died on June 18th. For her to be 7 months pregnant the father had to be with her in Germany. I wonder if her boyfriend also came back at the same time and was based at Ft. Bragg?

imoo

Also, has her COD been determined? They are stating " found dead" after a period of days in most of the short reports, which might possibly point to death from natural causes.. It's rare at her age but can happen, especially during a pregnancy with her apparently living alone. Usually when there is obvious trauma, it is specified that the person " was killed'.

This is a sad and tragic loss, whatever turns up. I pray for her family and friends.
Maria

Well not neccesarily since she could of came back to the states on leave and considering she was 7 months pregnant that puts her at getting preg. around November which is a very very busy leave month for soldiers.

On some of the sites they are estimating that she died on June 18th. For her to be 7 months pregnant the father had to be with her in Germany. I wonder if her boyfriend also came back at the same time and was based at Ft. Bragg?

imoo

Well not necessarily since she could of came back to the states on leave and considering she was 7 months pregnant that puts her at getting preg. around November which is a very very busy leave month for soldiers.

That could be true but the link above says the family said she just came back from Germany. I am not sure how often one would come home when they are based overseas. Especially when they knew they would be shipping back state side in a few months.

imoo

Also, has her COD been determined? They are stating " found dead" after a period of days in most of the short reports, which might possibly point to death from natural causes.. It's rare at her age but can happen, especially during a pregnancy with her apparently living alone. Usually when there is obvious trauma, it is specified that the person " was killed'.

This is a sad and tragic loss, whatever turns up. I pray for her family and friends.
Maria

No, now COD yet.

There is supposed to be a PC at 4:30 pm though. Shep mentioned it.

imo

Someone on another site brought up and interesting theory.

They said Megan had just come back to the USA on a long flight from Germany and that they thought it was possible that she had developed an embolism.

This was on June 12th and the last time she was seen was the 13th.

Just thought it interesting.

imo

This is a very tragic story as well. I was also upset with Nancy referring to her as a Marine. Let alone trying to connect Maria's death with that one. I really think if there was a cod that was brutal we would already know because they would have been saying slayed , murdered or something besides suspicious. Fort Bragg has had a lot of murders from spouses. A lot more than average. They are sort of famous for it. If she died from natural causes it is ashame she died alone and no one found her for days. That is the tragic part.

I believe I heard on Nancy Grace last night that the cause of death was considered to be unnatural.

I would look at who she has been corresponding with in the U.S. If there was a male "friend" who considered himself her beau (wishful thinking or not) and she comes back pregnant by another man, this would be motive. At this point completely speculation, though. It seems like its always a domestic relationship.

I believe I heard on Nancy Grace last night that the cause of death was considered to be unnatural.

I would look at who she has been corresponding with in the U.S. If there was a male "friend" who considered himself her beau (wishful thinking or not) and she comes back pregnant by another man, this would be motive. At this point completely speculation, though. It seems like its always a domestic relationship.

She said that it is considered a suspicious death. That is normal until they find out why she died. Anyone found dead at a young age with no known health problems would be considered a suspicious death.

Daniel Smith, Anna Nicole's son was deemed suspicious at the time yet it was ruled an accidental overdose.

imoo

This crossed my mind as well, any word on an autopsy being completed yet?

Below is the lead story on Fox this morning:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,371945,00.html

(snip)
Touma's ex-husband, El Sayed Touma, who lives in Charleston, S.C., told FOX affiliate WRAL that the Army didn't bother to check on her before considering her absent without leave.
"She was left in the room for two days, and the Army said she was AWOL. They didn't even bother to go check on her in the motel where she stayed. I mean the Army knows that she stayed in that hotel," El Sayed Touma said.

This was on NG tonight. I didn't see last night's show. I found it interesting that a "Do Not Disturb" sign was on the door. Someone did not want her found or she did not want to be found.

They still have not said COD. My very first thought on this is Suicide. I could not open the link with the family talking about the boyfriend. Does the article give the impression that they know she was murdered?

ETA: i just read yesterday's transcript and it sounds like everyone thinks her death was caused by someone. So, I am probably wrong on this one.

This was on NG tonight. I didn't see last night's show. I found it interesting that a "Do Not Disturb" sign was on the door. Someone did not want her found or she did not want to be found.

They still have not said COD. My very first thought on this is Suicide. I could not open the link with the family talking about the boyfriend. Does the article give the impression that they know she was murdered?

ETA: i just read yesterday's transcript and it sounds like everyone thinks her death was caused by someone. So, I am probably wrong on this one.

Ella's Mom, for some reason in this case, I have thought either natural death or suicide too. I don't have any rationale for it except maybe that there has been no statement that she was killed, murdered, just " found dead".

I do hope they are looking at her ex-husband quite closely too. How did he know exactly when she was missing?

I don't find this to be unusual or suspicious at all - especially being alone in a hotel room - I always have the do not disturb sign on the door when staying in a hotel, unless I'm leaving and would like the room serviced.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back