GUILTY NC - Thomas Bryson, 68, Mills River, 26 July 2017 *Arrests*

I made a map. The only thing we know about Stroupe's route is that he made it from Mills River to Marion, was on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Mt. Mitchell, was in Barnardsville, and was possibly in East Tennessee (unknown area), so this is NOT his actual route, just my thoughts on how to hit those known areas by taking the back roads. This map indicates 175 miles. Depending upon how much gas was in the truck to begin with, Stroupe may have had to stop somewhere for gas. There could be cameras that could tell us if Mr. Bryson was with him. If he did follow this route or something similar, there are VERY few gas stations along the way. I myself wouldn't get up on the Parkway without at least half a tank of gas. The mountains really reduce your mpg. In fact, that might be why he was heading down into Marion - to get gas. It would be interesting to know how much gas he had left when caught. This is all speculation of course. I'm sure LE has thought of all these things. I'm just really holding out a little hope that they can still find Mr. Bryson alive somewhere, maybe hurt after jumping out of a moving vehicle. I know, wishful thinking. :-(

Again, NOT the actual path of travel... my speculation only....
Stroupe map.jpg

I hope they have searched a bunch in the area where the perp crossed paths with the fisherman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stroupe had contact with a man in Pisgah earlier this week,the man gave him a granola bar and water and told Stroupe he would come back and give him a ride. The man instead notified LE.I wonder if this lead to Stroupe silencing the next person he came across. I saw this on local news here in NC.
Praying for Mr. Bryson.

This absolutely breaks my heart. My father is 15 years older than Mr. Bryson. But, Mr. Bryson seems more on the frail side to me, despite his younger age, and to think that he was simply going to a doctor's appointment and possibly met an unimaginable fate, just makes me think of my father going about his business...
I don't even know how his family, who seem to love him dearly, can cope with this situation.
I am hoping against all hope that Mr. Bryson will be found, alive and in time, and will be able to return to his family.

:praying:

Love you guys. Thinks for keeping us updated. When my wife was pregnant with our first child, I took her Transylvania County to see all of the beautiful waterfalls. She had no idea what we were doing. I remember driving through the Pisgah National Forest to see a few of them. They were breathtakingly beautiful. It sucks that evil could tarnish such beauty. I hope Mr. Bryson is back with his family soon even if it must be for them to say goodbye.

[h=1]Reward increased to $12,500 in search for missing Mills River man[/h]
1d48fe68-e4e5-4a85-a3ed-501781582ef6-large16x9_rewardgfx.jpg

Deputies say an extensive search of the Mills River area conducted by the Henderson County Rescue Squad, Henderson County Emergency Services, local and neighboring fire departments, and local and neighboring law enforcement involved multiple K-9, aerial, kayak and waterway searches.

The command post in Mills River has been phased out as the direction of the search efforts for Bryson have shifted to the Blue Ridge Parkway corridor and eastern Tennessee.
http://wlos.com/news/local/reward-increased-to-12500-in-search-for-missing-mills-river-man

Don't know how inside you have to be to post, but delete if necessary. Mr. Bryson's residence is a mile from my husband's grandmother. After talking with her, she shared that the dogs tracked him coming to their area and the US Marshalls told residents to stay in doors and keep doors locked on Monday. Obviously as neighbors in small towns talk - they all are talking....there has been a request made by Stroupe in exchange for him sharing information about Bryson. That does not bode well. [emoji853]

Hey, ya'll! Just thought to pop in here at WS to see if anyone had started a thread for Mr. Bryson. I am really shaken up about this terrifying situation. I am an acquaintance of Mr. Bryson's daughter in law through a mutual ministry. I won't share exactly how I know her or the family due to protecting their privacy, but let me tell you... this is a sweet, kind, giving, and charitable family. They are beautiful people - inside and out, as they say. I have been sharing their Facebook pleas for help and it just breaks my heart that they are still waiting. I am going to go back and read this whole thread. :crying:

MARION, N.C. (AP) —*

Early Friday afternoon, McDowell County District Attorney Ted Bell requested a last minute hearing to address the bond set for Phillip Stroupe.

Just after 1:30 p.m. Stroupe appeared before Judge Powell, who agreed with DA Bell and increased Stroupe's bond to $2 million.

His next court date set for August 14, 2017.

Authorities say they are piecing together the timeline and route Phillip Stroupe II might have taken after he kidnapped Thomas Bryson of Mills River.

Following what authorities describe as an exhaustive search in Mills River for Bryson, the Henderson County Sheriff's Office says the scope of the search for him now extends into neighboring counties along the Blue Ridge Parkway corridor and into Eastern Tennessee.

http://wlos.com/news/local/sheriff-fugitive-capture-turns-into-search-for-missing-man

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I made a map. The only thing we know about Stroupe's route is that he made it from Mills River to Marion, was on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Mt. Mitchell, was in Barnardsville, and was possibly in East Tennessee (unknown area), so this is NOT his actual route, just my thoughts on how to hit those known areas by taking the back roads. This map indicates 175 miles. Depending upon how much gas was in the truck to begin with, Stroupe may have had to stop somewhere for gas. There could be cameras that could tell us if Mr. Bryson was with him. If he did follow this route or something similar, there are VERY few gas stations along the way. I myself wouldn't get up on the Parkway without at least half a tank of gas. The mountains really reduce your mpg. In fact, that might be why he was heading down into Marion - to get gas. It would be interesting to know how much gas he had left when caught. This is all speculation of course. I'm sure LE has thought of all these things. I'm just really holding out a little hope that they can still find Mr. Bryson alive somewhere, maybe hurt after jumping out of a moving vehicle. I know, wishful thinking. :-(

Again, NOT the actual path of travel... my speculation only....
View attachment 120801
Great map...based on the article I posted at post 50, it's consistent.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

The perp is such an *advertiser censored*. I am so mad. They should take him back the forest, tie him to a tree and let the other animals have their way with him.

I hope they find him alive and well. I know time is running out though. His family is doing a good job of getting this story spread across Facebook.

I got a new Nixle alert that there will be "additional searches" in the South Mills River area today, and to please avoid the area. This contradicts one of yesterday's alerts that said "Although the search efforts continue, the Command Post in Mills River has been phased out as the direction of the search efforts lead into the aforementioned areas [East TN and Blue Ridge Parkway]."

I wonder if the renewed search in Mills River is due to that piece-of-you-know-what talking... I hope so.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/6082295/

Don't know how inside you have to be to post, but delete if necessary. Mr. Bryson's residence is a mile from my husband's grandmother. After talking with her, she shared that the dogs tracked him coming to their area and the US Marshalls told residents to stay in doors and keep doors locked on Monday. Obviously as neighbors in small towns talk - they all are talking....there has been a request made by Stroupe in exchange for him sharing information about Bryson. That does not bode well. [emoji853]

Link to what I said yesterday: http://wlos.com/news/local/da-stroupe-says-hell-talk-if-district-attorneys-give-him-a-deal

[h=1]Authorities ask for 'space' as search for missing man, Tommy Bryson, expands[/h]
On Saturday, the Henderson County Sheriff's Office said additional searchers are now taking place in the South Mills River area.

In a written statement, the Henderson County Sheriff's Office said, "We ask residents who live in the area to allow search crews space to work. Unnecessary travel to the area should be avoided to allow crews and equipment the access and space they need."

The sheriffs of Transylvania, Henderson and McDowell counties are asking the public for any information that might help them in find Bryson.
http://www.wyff4.com/article/search...en-by-captured-fugitive-deputies-say/10370443

[h=1]New charges filed against Stroupe; search for Bryson now focuses on South Mills River area[/h]
District Attorney Greg Newman confirmed to News 13 that he has filed charges in Transylvania County of armed robbery and possession of a firearm by a felon against Stroupe. He has also filed kidnapping and carjacking charges in Henderson County.
Stroupe was charged with robbing a Mountain Energy store in Weaverville last month, and further charges resulted from his capture on June 22, 2017. His bond was set at $235,000. Officials with the Buncombe County Sheriff's Office say Stroupe paid a bail bondsman, and was released on July 2. Stroupe was later charged with another robbery in Yancey County, and posted bond there as well.
http://wlos.com/news/local/new-char...pe-as-agencies-renew-search-effort-for-bryson

I have only been able to watch part of the presser so far (family keeps interrupting, lol) but wanted to post a few things:

They have charged 3 others with harboring Stroupe in Barnardsville while he was on the run!

They have 2 in custody and 1 they are still looking for. Interviewing the two in custody they hope to get more info to find Tommy.

They also said they still hope to find Tommy alive and they are investigating and searching around the clock.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back