NC vs. Raven Abaroa ~ the Trial 3

DT trying to say Jackson was sloppy and those are two diff photos of two diff parts of the door vs. a close up of the door. (Made me wonder if they took photos of the inside and outside of the storm door). I like DJ because she's not rattled by DT at all. And she won't let them pigeon hole her into saying what they want her to say.

This is so dumb, they have photos in hand, trying to show anything clearly zooming in on a projection screen and expect the jury to make anything out is just silly.

I love how she always says you would agree with that. She's trying so hard to get the storm door (where there was blood with some foreign dna (NOT BLOOD) but foreign dna under the blood) which there would be on all our doors).

All she's trying to do is throw in some sort of doubt that in the entire house there was ONE tiny foreign dna on a door.

It's a lame attempt to me she's trying to confuse the testimony.

Charlene is going after the reference points. One was a before swabbing and one after the swabbing.

Lunch break. I'm ready for it. Jurors get longer lunch today, be back at quarter til 3. ??

I am having problems with WS, it's slow and after I just posted about the lunch break I received a notice about taking a poll. Oh I hope it doesn't crash again today.

Are both of RA's attorneys court appointed?

It is my understanding that Amos Tyndall is an appellate attorney and since the case was a death penalty case it came from a different pool of attorneys.

It's my understanding Raven has a relative out in that area too and maybe she pulled some strings, but I don't know this as fact.

We thought it was weird that he had an attorney from NC appointed to him before he was transferred from Idaho. It all seemed hinkey to me, but if Amos Tyndall was next in line for a DP indigent case due to it being a DP qualified case, oh well. Tyndall's law partner is Mani Dexter, she may not be likeable but she is a Harvard graduate and is obviously smart.

There were lots of questions regarding this in the beginning, I can't remember what the issues were at first, but I'll try to find the information.

Goodmorning all, sorry for being so late arriving. Was everyone off yesterday? I couldn't get websleuths to work at all yesterday? And last night I was so sick, think I must have caught trixies *stomach flu*. :( Was still awake past 5:00 a.m. All to say, I haven't gone back and read through all that's been written since I lost websleuths the night before last. Did I miss anything major?

Seriously.... children and a baby, in the court room? This absolutely baffles me. FGS, there's a warning on the video from WRAL that the testimony being offered is inappropriate for younger viewers and they bring these kids right in to the court room? Again, I ask, what kind of parents do that? Makes me wonder if Raven's whole circle of family and/or friends are as sick as he is.

Who brought children and a baby to court?

Thank you Trixie for sending me the link. And everyone, more then half of my *thanks* aren't showing up today, I am thanking you though, it just isn't showing up. :(

Gracielee, nothing major at all. Defense is just putting a bunch of people on the stand and trying to confuse testimony. They are doing a crappy job, if you ask me.

I'm waiting for them to parade the Abaroa's and the Peters and their ilk on the stand. I'm wondering if they are going to do the let's trash the victim and her family or if they are going to make an attempt to tell the truth and stay classy. I'm not willing to bet my chocolate they will go the second route.

Who brought children and a baby to court?

There were a bunch of kids in court yesterday and I believe death scene pictures were shown...yeah.

I know Janet has a bunch of nieces and nephews and I noticed they haven't been present, guess they decided to keep it classy.

There have been issues with WS and today it is running very slow for me. I think the Arias trial has exploded WS. Funny, I didn't notice in the Arias Trial the mention of WS once.

Glad I could help you out. I'm glad I am getting a chance to watch some of this live. I need to get back to work or face the consequences though. BBL

That happens to me sometimes when I don't refresh between postings. Try that once, and see if it helps.

Peeps like me that haven't suffered migraines can't imagine the pain, but I feel bad for anyone that has them. I have a girlfriend that has them, and it's such a cross for her to carry. I keep being surprised someone hasn't come up with a universal cure yet. Is it more commonly women that suffer? If so, just wait until men suffer them, and they'll be getting right on that cure. haha
My sinuses react to a change in temps and conditions,(on a miniscule scale) and I thought about designing some sort of girdle for my head. If I come up with something for the pain you peeps have, that I can't even imagine, I'll keep you updated.
I know with my girlfriend, it seems such a desperate pain. At times, I think she'd do most anything to be rid of it. Hoping there is some relief somewhere on the horizon for you guys.

On a happier note, Happy Anniversary, MrsHopkins! I'm glad you're marking it with a celebration. We need to celebrate the good things in our lives, and I hope you will still make it a special day even after 30 years, as my husband and I have. A happy marriage is a true treasure, and one I wish Janet could have had.

Printed Aug 18, 2005:

DURHAM, N.C. — E-mail messages are the latest focus in a Durham murder investigation.

Janet Abaroa was found stabbed to death in the bedroom of her home in April. Her 6-month-old son, Kaiden, was also at home, but was not hurt.

Abaroa's husband, Raven, called 911 saying his wife had been injured.

Now, investigators are sifting through the couple's e-mail accounts to see if there is anything that can lead them to an arrest.

Police have not named any suspects, but say the murder was not random

I'm with you Trix - defense had to have had this information!! The prosecutors and LE have had lots of different changes in personnel, but has Amos always been his attorney from the very beginning?
Amos and Mani?? Are these Southern names? Of course the Amos and Andy comedy team comes to mind. And Trix, I'm trying to read the old information - this is NOT a DP case now?? Was it ever?

Also trying to look at past testimony to see what the cranky guy yesterday testified about the first time he was on the stand for the state. I don't remember there being any animosity then??

But everyone KNEW about these comp files at one point? Did they think they had just been lost? Without the background info I get from you long timers, this case would be hard to follow. It's hard to get the big picture when the disjointed parts we have gotten so far don't make sense to me. I need someone to explain in black and white what point they're trying to get across.
Is this something the jurors would have heard about for years in their area, already knowing the context?

Thank you Justice Junkie! I too wish that Janet could have experienced a healthy and happy marriage. I plan to keep my husband around as long as he will have me! I have a WONDERFUL husband and he is a great father to our son. I'm truly blessed. Thank you for your well wishes! And congrats to you on 30 years of marriage! That's awesome!!

Thanks to everyone for keeping me updated on the crappy job that the defense is obviously doing. Apparently I'm not missing much lol. I did get to see a little of the prosecutions cross examining of that douchebag IT guy yesterday. I hated him!! I was glad to see her with some fire in her eyes though. Finally!!

Printed Aug 18, 2005:

DURHAM, N.C. — E-mail messages are the latest focus in a Durham murder investigation.

Janet Abaroa was found stabbed to death in the bedroom of her home in April. Her 6-month-old son, Kaiden, was also at home, but was not hurt.

Abaroa's husband, Raven, called 911 saying his wife had been injured.

Now, investigators are sifting through the couple's e-mail accounts to see if there is anything that can lead them to an arrest.

Police have not named any suspects, but say the murder was not random

I'm with you Trix - defense had to have had this information!! The prosecutors and LE have had lots of different changes in personnel, but has Amos always been his attorney from the very beginning?
Amos and Mani?? Are these Southern names? Of course the Amos and Andy comedy team comes to mind. And Trix, I'm trying to read the old information - this is NOT a DP case now?? Was it ever?

Also trying to look at past testimony to see what the cranky guy yesterday testified about the first time he was on the stand for the state. I don't remember there being any animosity then??

But everyone KNEW about these comp files at one point? Did they think they had just been lost? Without the background info I get from you long timers, this case would be hard to follow. It's hard to get the big picture when the disjointed parts we have gotten so far don't make sense to me. I need someone to explain in black and white what point they're trying to get across.
Is this something the jurors would have heard about for years in their area, already knowing the context?

There were subpoenas for the computers and Raven's computer stuff from the beginning. Raven was very tech savvy. I remember in 2005 having a tracking program on my son's computer because he was getting so many viruses and we were able to follow every keystroke. He's grown up enough now that I don't need to do that. I would not have put it past Raven to have a tracking programs on his computer to see if Janet was using his lap top. Heck I wouldn't have put it past Raven to be able to get into her work computers either!

Amos Tyndall was appointed Raven's attorney before he was extradited back to NC from Idaho.

It was a First Degree Murder case and as I understand it, Janet's family was told about this and they wanted the DP pulled from the table. I believe the words used were Kaiden already lost their mother, they didn't want Kaiden's father's life to be taken or something to that effect. It was a big deal back then because as I remember correctly Jenna Nielsen's father was fighting to get the Fetal Homicide Law past which would essentially make killing a pregnant woman which leads to the fetus' death is considered murdering two people, which of course NC has the Death Penalty.

Janet's family specifically said they did not want Raven to have to face the Death Penalty, again keeping it classy, something I am pretty sure if the roles were reversed wouldn't happen if the Christiansens and Abaroa's had a role reversal.

Mrs. Hopkins, I almost posted douchebag it guy myself, but it seems I'm already getting PNess fanboi notes so I'm trying to be a kinder, gentler Trix on WS ;) :seeya::floorlaugh:

It is my understanding that Amos Tyndall is an appellate attorney and since the case was a death penalty case it came from a different pool of attorneys.

It's my understanding Raven has a relative out in that area too and maybe she pulled some strings, but I don't know this as fact.

We thought it was weird that he had an attorney from NC appointed to him before he was transferred from Idaho. It all seemed hinkey to me, but if Amos Tyndall was next in line for a DP indigent case due to it being a DP qualified case, oh well. Tyndall's law partner is Mani Dexter, she may not be likeable but she is a Harvard graduate and is obviously smart.

There were lots of questions regarding this in the beginning, I can't remember what the issues were at first, but I'll try to find the information.

I think somebody in my family was sick and I was taking care of them, or something else was going on in my life when this murder occurred. I came in late and miss a lot of the earlier info. Thanks for filling me in on the attorneys. If you can easily get to any other info, that will be great, but don't go to a lot of trouble.

That happens to me sometimes when I don't refresh between postings. Try that once, and see if it helps.

Peeps like me that haven't suffered migraines can't imagine the pain, but I feel bad for anyone that has them. I have a girlfriend that has them, and it's such a cross for her to carry. I keep being surprised someone hasn't come up with a universal cure yet. Is it more commonly women that suffer? If so, just wait until men suffer them, and they'll be getting right on that cure. haha
My sinuses react to a change in temps and conditions,(on a miniscule scale) and I thought about designing some sort of girdle for my head. If I come up with something for the pain you peeps have, that I can't even imagine, I'll keep you updated.
I know with my girlfriend, it seems such a desperate pain. At times, I think she'd do most anything to be rid of it. Hoping there is some relief somewhere on the horizon for you guys.

On a happier note, Happy Anniversary, MrsHopkins! I'm glad you're marking it with a celebration. We need to celebrate the good things in our lives, and I hope you will still make it a special day even after 30 years, as my husband and I have. A happy marriage is a true treasure, and one I wish Janet could have had.

Thank you Justice for you sweet words. I can offer you sympathy regarding your sinuses as mine are very messed up too. I have had the same sinus infection since the year 2000 and I've seen 5 different ERT doctors in 3 different cities and they cannot clear it up, even with huge antibiotics, prednisone and an array of other stuff. I hope you get your invention--a sinus girdle--love it! on the market as I'll be your first customer.
Give your girlfriend a gentle hug for me the next time she has a migraine.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96885"]No death penalty sought in Durham mother's slaying - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Regarding Death Penalty on the case.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96886"]Raven's attorney - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Threads regarding his attorney.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irennnnn
Back