UNSOLVED NC - Wilkes Co, Photo of Gagged Woman Tied To Chair, Circa 1970s or Early 80s

When Carl called her she reneged on the hair story and said it was her ex husbands hair. If he called her again I bet dollars to donuts she would change her "slide" story. JMO: she rolled the same way with the cops and they deemed it was not worth investigating further.

Hell Have no fury like a woman scorned.

Here is a photo of the locks of hair, and the slide

919f1d2b-c26a-4e1c-9543-112e56c423ec.jpg

In person, do all the braids look like they are the same hair (color and texture) or do they appear to be different? Because to me in the photo the top one looks very dark next to the other one.. and the thin one looks almost light brown blonde.. again that is just me

The ex could very well be a victim of violence/abuse, too. IIRC, she essentially said she was? I'm confused as to why anyone would condemn her mental health. Unless there's a verified poster or MSM link I've missed, which is entirely possible!! TIA

[emoji202]MOO

About the appearance of a headrest on the chair, it could be an optical illusion. If something were against the wall behind the chair, taken at the correct angle, the thing behind the chair might appear to be part of the chair. It is a common occurrence in photography, where the background seems to merge with the thing being photographed, and then it looks like there was no separation between the objects.
Im glad you mentioned this because it appears to me to be something mounted on the wall that includes a crank. Too large for a pencil sharpener, I suppose.

quoting myself to say I also had the thought that the creep could've ordered her to 'smile for the camera'
an awful thought but there it is

she might not have been in distress when the photo was taken ... playing along with the joke
but perhaps things turned ugly afterwards

Could just be the photo here but I wouldn't imagine a gag like that would be very effective at muffling sound?

I agree her mouth is already out of it.

I cannot save the image. Tells me it is corrupted. I cannot zoom in, but for some reason it looks like a figurine to me. The hair on top, the arm going down into something at the waist. The fluted bottom as a base. Or, maybe I am seeing things.

As for what she is sitting on. It appears something knitted is over the back of a folding chair? I would love to get a clearer image.

And this woman did not recognize her? Yet the ex left this image behind in old boxes. Chillingly stumped.

I see a figurine too. In fact, I see two different things. A toy-like figurine of a caveman/person with his hands on his hips facing left, and a tribal wood carving with a face that is facing toward the camera. My first thought at first sight was that it was a wood carving of an Indian chief.

In person, do all the braids look like they are the same hair (color and texture) or do they appear to be different? Because to me in the photo the top one looks very dark next to the other one.. and the thin one looks almost light brown blonde.. again that is just me

I agree with madamx, they do seem like different shades. With that being said, was there any does or murder victims that were found with choppy cuts in their hair during this time period?

Gotta ask: Have the police seen the hair braids and/or photo, and/or the notes that were mailed to you?

[emoji202]MOO
From my understanding of this story, the wife called the police and told them about the slide over the phone. If I had the real goods on someone I would have went in with everything. But she did not. She sent it to Carl.

Depending upon someone's background, personality, and experience they may not know how to get traction on something when they present their request to authority. They may ask passively, instead of presenting the information in an actionable manner. Phoning them might not have been the best approach, especially when the photographic slide in question was visual in its content.

If someone makes a phone call, doesn't phrase her presentation correctly, and doesn't get a positive "Bring it in" response they may turn from that source of power and go to someone else -- an advocate of sorts -- to have that person present the argument or material. This may be the pattern with the woman sending the material to Carl.

From my understanding of this story, the wife called the police and told them about the slide over the phone. If I had the real goods on someone I would have went in with everything. But she did not. She sent it to Carl.

She has said that she has reported him to the police on numerous occasions. Not for the slide, but for other things. And he has always gotten off the hook with the help of his parents who are influential in the community. She describes the police as "corrupt". Whether they are corrupt or not, I have no idea, but that is her perception, and the reason why she is reluctant to go to them with anything.

In the letter, she has detailed much of the abuse of her, and how he has dragged women by their hair. And one passage,

"When he used his drugs - LSD or cocaine - he would tell me about hurting women. He told me he hurt someone very bad. When I asked more questions, he would not talk about it anymore."

In another passage, she says:

"One time his mother called me and told me not to allow the girls (my nieces) to be alone with him that he could hurt one of them."

It would be great to have his name

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I think if she went to the police and they are corrupt as she says, they would mysteriously lose the evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back