GUILTY NC - William “Andy” Banks, 39, Raleigh, met someone about selling his car, 12 Sept 2020 *ARREST*

You know, I think you are right. I think at this point we have just heard he was meeting two people but not sure it's been confirmed two people were there
that's what I was thinking. altho a second person would have "waited" while they test drove, then Merritt did his thing, and #2 drove off in the vehicle they came in?

You know, I think you are right. I think at this point we have just heard he was meeting two people but not sure it's been confirmed two people were there

How else did the guy get here? There had to be an accomplice. Think about it - would you you not try to jump out of a car unless someone was holding a gun to your head? How do you drive and do that at the same time?

How else did the guy get here? There had to be an accomplice. Think about it - would you you not try to jump out of a car unless someone was holding a gun to your head? How do you drive and do that at the same time?

There is a bus stop right there but I am assuming he didn't take a bus there. Regardless like you said, seems like there would have had to be 2 people, one driving and one holding Andy

that's what I was thinking. altho a second person would have "waited" while they test drove, then Merritt did his thing, and #2 drove off in the vehicle they came in?

Yes, JM had to have gotten to Cameron Village somehow so it’s highly likely a 2nd person was involved in driving him there to met up with AB.

If a 2nd person accompanied JM on the ‘test drive’ and was involved in the alleged homicide, the two have had to swung back around to Cameron Village to pick up the vehicle they arrived in. But if the 2nd person didn’t go on the ‘test drive’, it’d be likely there was some sort of cellphone communication from JM to tell them not to wait, under the guise he was following through with the purchase of the RR and wouldn’t require a ride back to Danville. If so, by now I’d sure hope LE knows the identity of this 2nd person and is grilling them extremely harshly regarding their involvement.

This is where police found missing man’s, Andy Banks of Raleigh, NC, car on Monday. It was just 291 feet from the suspect’s home, Justin Merritt, on Hughes Street in Danville according to court documents. Banks is still missing.

View attachment 263925 View attachment 263926
https://twitter.com/kendalldtv/status/1306277921112367105

Oh man oh man, no-- You know what case this reminds me of?- Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom, TN, 2007.

Outside of his home? That cannot be good. Too close to home is too close to comfort.

You know who else was at home the weekend of being up to mischief and a car jacking/murder (I am sure there are many)- the teens who murdered Michael Jordan's father (also a NC crime...and my great state).

And-- the young woman in VA, abducted as she went into work at Subway, at the naval base, disposed of at a church, just like here....(not a home-linked situation, the church/car jacking, being similar)-

My heart sank when I read the details of all of this yesterday, I really am in disbelief of it all---that feels so selfish to say, because I don't even know him, imagine what loved ones are experiencing/have been going through.
Car found under a tarp. (like hidden in place sight)

$2 million. Wow, they aren’t messing around.
Wake County doesn't mess around. They are clearly preparing for a Murder 1 indictment, not to mention the previous felonies.

Personally, I'm hoping they go for the death penalty if this turns out the way I think it will. Wake County juries have been loath to vote for the DP in recent years, but one jury did sentence a killer of 2 people to death last year. But I still think it's worth charging if the DA has everything they need.

Per the car being found under a tarp (as noted by someone back on about pg 16), this is referring to his personal car, the newer BMW that was referrenced, correct? And it being covered is not necessarily a sign that the suspect had anything to do with it, it could be normal for him to cover his car when it is parked.

The abandoned Land Rover was found near a stop sign, not covered under a tarp.

(PS- I do not not know what is going on on my end, but each time I go to post something, it shows the exact same thing as last time I tried to post- and I can't get it to clear- will try resetting/clearing cookies/cache- never seen this happen in a forum or here, but it's been ages since I've posted...)

Yes, JM had to have gotten to Cameron Village somehow so it’s highly likely a 2nd person was involved in driving him there to met up with AB.

If a 2nd person accompanied JM on the ‘test drive’ and was involved in the alleged homicide, the two have had to swung back around to Cameron Village to pick up the vehicle they arrived in. But if the 2nd person didn’t go on the ‘test drive’, it’d be likely there was some sort of cellphone communication from JM to tell them not to wait, under the guise he was following through with the purchase of the RR and wouldn’t require a ride back to Danville. If so, by now I’d sure hope LE knows the identity of this 2nd person and is grilling them extremely harshly regarding their involvement.
Or possibly prearranged the night before that they meet up later at a different location. 2nd person could have dropped off JM within a block or 2, JM got in car with Andy and then 2nd person met up at XXXX location. Or the slight possibility that 2nd person really isn't involved, rather gave JM a ride to buy a new car (I find this unlikely)

Wake County doesn't mess around. They are clearly preparing for a Murder 1 indictment, not to mention the previous felonies.

Personally, I'm hoping they go for the death penalty if this turns out the way I think it will. Wake County juries have been loath to vote for the DP in recent years, but one jury did sentence a killer of 2 people to death last year. But I still think it's worth charging if the DA has everything they need.

NC hasn’t executed anyone since August of 2006.

NC hasn’t executed anyone since August of 2006.
I know. I kind of doubt a jury would give the DP with "just" one murder, unless it's a small child. But still...for a premeditated murder 1, I think it's worth it to try, especially with priors and no mitigating. It may serve to avoid a trial altogether and result in a guilty plea if the state takes the DP off the table. That would be worth it. IMO.

Per the car being found under a tarp (as noted by someone back on about pg 16), this is referring to his personal car, the newer BMW that was referrenced, correct? And it being covered is not necessarily a sign that the suspect had anything to do with it, it could be normal for him to cover his car when it is parked.

The abandoned Land Rover was found near a stop sign, not covered under a tarp.

(PS- I do not not know what is going on on my end, but each time I go to post something, it shows the exact same thing as last time I tried to post- and I can't get it to clear- will try resetting/clearing cookies/cache- never seen this happen in a forum or here, but it's been ages since I've posted...)

You missed something. The RR was found covered by a tarp, not Andy's other vehicle.

“Andy was a super fine, loving, affectionate human being,” his father, B.B, told The News & Observer on Tuesday. “He had more friends than I ever dreamed of having, and they thought the world of him. They’re all completely devastated. He was a wonderful person. He didn’t have a mean bone in his body. As far as I know, he’d never even been in an altercation.”

One warrant notes that Merritt was previously convicted of a felony burglary in 2013 and sentenced to 10 years.

“My wife and I have a strong faith,” his father said. “Our faith will get us through this. We’re strong, but we’re struggling.”

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article245779015.html

I notice the murder of Tim Bosma by Dellen Millard has been mentioned a few times on this thread. A test drive of a vehicle advertised for sale, then the alleged murder of the owner are similar, however the backgrounds of JM and DM were probably vastly different. But I hope my brief summary, for information purposes only, might be helpful for those not familiar or wondering why he’s mentioned from time to time.

Millard was a rich boy, the spoiled, lazy son of a wealth. He got his thrills hanging out with low lifes, playing gangsta with them and stealing stuff. IIRC he was on the lookout for a specific make and model of a truck to steal, to use to tow his racing/derby car to a meet somewhere. Had he chosen, he could’ve bought the vehicle. While he and his accomplice were both found guilty of murder, during the trial each blamed the other so it’s unknown what actually occurred on that test drive, other than the fact Tim was murdered. DM burned TMs body in a sort of animal crematorium that he parked on a chunk of land he owned, purchased under the guise of assisting his uncle who was a vet. The main reason he was caught was through cellphone records plus days before the two had test drove exactly the same truck owned by a different person, for whatever reason didn’t murder him, and the owner remembered one of them had a tattoo with the word “Ambition” written on his arm.

Later DM was eventually convicted of 2 prior murders, his ex-girlfriend and his father. These were highly publicized trials in Canada.

I know this is the age-old debate and question and all of the above, but I just don't get why he'd kill him. I know crimes are senseless and don't usually have rhyme or reason, I know the guy is awful and an idiot and all the names in the world, but why not just beat Andy up and leave him? Why kill him over a car? Dump his cell phone, leave him on the side of the road, get far away. I know people have been killed for less, but the risk in this one is extraordinary. It's just so sad, as all murders are, but ugh. I just can't fathom why.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back