NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is everyone's take on Dad Adam? at this point I am not so sure. On one hand I think he could be involved and that this happened much longer ago.

However, after hearing about how the child was locked in her room except to eat... and how crazy and off the cuff SM seems... I can see something happening to Zahra Friday while dad was at work... when he gets home SM says she is in bed already that SM sets the fire writes the note, etc

however... I vacillate yet once again when I think about the CONTENT of the note. Why not just put Zahra's name in the note to begin with? Did she still have stuff to burn up/hide/get rid of yet that she didn't want cops at her house yet?

I think he was involved.

Perhaps having to do with homeschooling? If it was DSS, LE should have known about it. MOO

Could be, but homeschooling around here is real lenient. I homeschooled for five years and NEVER has anyone come and inspect our records. We just got a postcard in the mail once a year and had to fill out who was attending and how old the kids were.

As long as dad is "cooperating" they are not going to arrest him. He may be the key that is needed to help find Zahra's body. As soon as they arrest him, he will lawyer up and won't be cooperating anymore. JMO

As far as the inspector...it could have been a housing inspector coming to inspect to qualify them for section 8, it could have been a rodent inspector, a health inspector, could it have been a school inspector? Someone coming to check up on home-schooling?

Anyone remember off the top of your head how long it's been since they moved to the Hickory address and whether or not ANYONE has seen Miss Zahra since that move? I'm wondering whether or not it's possible that whatever catastrophic events unfolded, maybe THAT's what prompted the move.

I'm pretty sure they've lived at the Hickory address about 3 months, and police can't find anyone who has seen Zahra (other than the "parents") in the last month.

It seems like neighbors have met Zahra at least once (they recall her being a sweet girl, etc) so I think Zahra was alive while at that house..but for how long, who knows..

I took that to mean perhaps a DSS inspector had been to the house and perhaps witnessed something, or had some evidence that LE wants to know about.

ETA: Brittany Bentley stated that Elisa's bio daughter (also named Britney) had called DSS in the past...so there may have been a record of this family being involved with social services.

I don't think it was a DSS investigator since I think LE would have records to indicate who that inspector was. They are asking for the "inspector" who visited the home to come forward. Mmmmm....

How long have Adam and Zahra lived in the USA?

It seems to be three years. I don't have a link. He met her online and Zahra and him came over from Australia. I think they got married in July of 2008. Someone check my facts, please?

And then within hours called 911 to report a girl that didn't live there missing and possibly kidnapped. Not adding up for me.

I agree with you. But, they don't seem like the sharpest tools in the shed.

I'm pretty sure they've lived at the Hickory address about 3 months, and police can't find anyone who has seen Zahra (other than the "parents") in the last month.

It seems like neighbors have met Zahra at least once (they recall her being a sweet girl, etc) so I think Zahra was alive while at that house..but for how long, who knows..
Yesterday, it was said by a neighbor that he and a few other neighbors had no idea a child lived there at this new address. She could of been missing for 3 months since no one ever saw her. :sick:

what is everyone's take on Dad Adam? at this point I am not so sure. On one hand I think he could be involved and that this happened much longer ago.

However, after hearing about how the child was locked in her room except to eat... and how crazy and off the cuff SM seems... I can see something happening to Zahra Friday while dad was at work... when he gets home SM says she is in bed already that SM sets the fire writes the note, etc

however... I vacillate yet once again when I think about the CONTENT of the note. Why not just put Zahra's name in the note to begin with? Did she still have stuff to burn up/hide/get rid of yet that she didn't want cops at her house yet?

I don't think he had anything to do with Zahras demise, I do belive he disposed of her, or helped, I think she has been gone a LOT longer than what these two are saying, he allowed his baby girl to be abused, I can see him helping to cover it it.JMO:furious:

Yesterday, it was said by a neighbor that he and a few other neighbors had no idea a child lived there at this new address. She could of been missing for 3 months since no one ever saw her. :sick:

Brittney said she saw her last about 2 months ago.

Some wonderful person posted a time line of how long Adam and Z have lived in US could you please re post for Patty G? Thank You.

"He said investigators have determined that no one outside the family has seen the girl for a month."
http://www2.wspa.com/news/2010/oct/12/13/amber-alert-issued-missing-10-year-old-ar-943493/

i believe I read that they moved there 6 weeks ago - but there was a relative who had her over for sleepovers and she didn't want to go home

"A relative of a missing 10-year-old North Carolina girl says she had a miserable home life and was locked in her room for most of the day.

Brittany Bentley says Zahra Clare Baker was only allowed out of her room for about five minutes each day to eat. Bentley says the girl's stepmother, Elisa Baker, would get mad and take it out on Zahra, whose bone cancer left her with a prosthetic leg and hearing aids."

It's the old neighbors who said Zahra was a sweet kid. To my knowledge, none of the current neighbors have ever seen her. They have lived on 21st Ave NW for about 2 or 3 months.

Anyone remember off the top of your head how long it's been since they moved to the Hickory address and whether or not ANYONE has seen Miss Zahra since that move? I'm wondering whether or not it's possible that whatever catastrophic events unfolded, maybe THAT's what prompted the move.

interesting and I was thinking that as well.

After watching the video interview of the family member (sorry forget her name) I found several things interesting

1) something happened two months ago that caused Elesa to take a tazer and threaten to kill the girl, her nephew and their baby

2)Adam and Elesa ran the same couple off the road with their car

3)the family members filed charges

keep in mind this was 2 months ago/approx 8 weeks

then....

4) around the same time they move to the new address in Hickory. One media report I read said they had been there six weeks

and it gets more interesting

5) family member who filed the charges said that Elesa called her on the FRIDAY BEFORE ZAHRA WAS REPORTED MISSING and asked her to drop the charges

6) the family member said that this was the first time that she had even heard that they had MOVED as she hadn't spoken to them/had contact since filing charges.

Do you have a link to neighbors at the current location knew Zahra lived there? I have only heard that from their neighbors at the previous residency and at the current one they didn't even know there was a child living there.

they are not believing the father's statement that he saw her last thursday it would appear.

Yeah, with good reason. They need an independent confirmation of the last time someone other than those two has actually seen her.

I know we all knew things were moving in the direction of a homicide, but until it's official, there's always that tiny little glimmer of hope that there will be an exception, a miracle.

My heart felt it like it was gonna pound out of my chest when I saw the chief make the announcement. I'm sure we're all feeling that way right now, such a profound sadness over the loss and the senselessness and cruelty.

While all children are precious and undeserving of the abuses dealt to them, there is something so inherently evil in someone who -- knowing what Zahra has overcome, knowing how she's suffered, knowing that they are supposed to be the ones to love and protect and nurture her -- would pile on even more unspeakable pain, including the ultimate abuse of death.

Knowing we are in the presence of that kind of evil in this world makes me literally sick on my stomach.

My heart goes out to those around Zahra who truly did love her and tried to help get her out of that horrific situation, also to all the LE who have been working this case, and of course to all of you. Think I'm gonna take a break the rest of the day.

:grouphug:

:rose: Zahra, God bless you, sweet baby. :rose:

Unless the father is a complete numbskull (which is entirely possible), he HAD to have know what was going on. Brittany Bentley stated in her interview that EVERYONE in the family knew what was happening. Abuse like this cannot be hidden from someone living in the same house.

I blame the father just as much for letting this happen. People might say that he was bullied or abused by his wife, but give me a freaking break. Any man that is so weak to be so verbally/physically abused by his wife to not be able to stick up for his daughter and get her the hell out of that house (yet continue to go to work regularly) is no man in my book. And, yes, I'm saying there IS a difference between a battered woman and a battered man. Use a phone, send an email, stop by the police station on your way home from work...SOMETHING.

Those people who stood by in this family and did not do everything they could to protect this child are accomplices to this child's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nteetee