NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whichever way you look at it, Zahra's feelings and needs were obviously not met. I think we can toss around the psychological aspects between the union of a lonely Aussie caveman + the American interest until we are blue in the face. The fundamental issue is - drugs + money issues + lies + a dysfunctional home life + self-centred adults = tragedy for the innocent parties associated with such a life. Australian, American, English meh .... it occurs in every culture.

I've maintained the same feelings all along - I am so sad this has happened to such an obviously divine, beautiful little girl. But, I'm so thankful this didn't happen here in Aus, LE in the USA manage it so brilliantly and do it so well. I'm extremely confident there will be justice for Zahra. The other Australian WS'ers can attest to how Police and DOCS have a knack for sweeping such crimes under the carpet.

Testify.

Kiesha Abrahams. Remains unsolved, story has disappeared from MSM even though they said this.

These stories don't go far, and the parents usually receive very light sentences regardless of the circumstances.

I have faith they will have justice in this case too, and am glad the FBI is involved.

Bad move on the ransom note EB.

Does anyone know if Elisa had a cell phone? The police can easily triangulate her cell phone activity and pinpoint all the locations prior to Zahra going missing.

This would be information only the investigators have at this time. The last press conference Hickory Police held, Chief Tom Adkins said fewer details would be made public as they focused on the homicide investigation. Other cases have used cell phone triangulation to pinpoint locations, though experts will say it's not an exact science because cell phone calls can be picked up by neighboring cell towers rather than the closest tower.

She had a blackberry as per her facebook page here

Has AB 'defriended' her? Is that what you were alluding to earlier Darnudes?

In the 911 call for the fire, when Elisa couldn't remember her phone number, she was going to give the operator her cellphone number.
http://media.charlotteobserver.com/images/save/firecall.mp3

Oh, apologies. Had it with my post but took it down because I thought it was a violation.... It's here.

Per post #1 in this thread: Regarding social networks
Regarding facebook, twitter, and myspace you can link but do not cut and paste. But the goal is to really only link to those that are directly linked to a case.

How about defence / defense? Does everyone get a squiggly line for the correct spelling there? I am sure my spelling is permanently ruined.

On the dumping, surely yes, and I know what you mean, but then you and I are proper citizens who pay a dumping fee, I don't think they would have, they would have just left it near a dumpster somewhere.

Biting tongue on the upcoming nuptials.

I've never gotten a squiggly line. Do we have spell checker here? If so, how do you turn it on? I can't imagine that I've never misspelled a word. LOL

The landlord of the Hickory home who the "ransom note" was addressed to, was that M Coffey? Also the person that is from Hickory that knows Mr Coffey, would you be willing to say if he is in his 40's or not?

If the landlord is who I think that it is then I have found a connection between him and Pat Adams (the witness from the furniture store). Not sure if it means anything or not but it was something that I was worried about when Mrs. Adams came forward with information about seeing Zahra at the store with Elisa.

MC is in his late 40's and Pat Adams is well known to many in Hickory. MC and I went to school with her children here in town. Furniture is a big industry in this area as well and she has many connections thru that.

I've never gotten a squiggly line. Do we have spell checker here? If so, how do you turn it on? I can't imagine that I've never misspelled a word. LOL

No idea! I just did a quick check and couldn't find anything in my settings that seemed to relate, it could be set on the computer I'm on, I'm not sure.

And I'm sure you've never misspelled anything either, may explain the lack of squiggly lines :)

The investigators and Maj. Clyde Deal of the Hickory Police Department surged forward when they spotted a ruined mattress. The excavator gently plucked the mattress from the pile and placed it at the investigators’ feet.

They examined it, flipped it over then cut the cover from the springs and took it away.

When the excavator found another mattress, they repeated the process.

Police would not confirm that they were looking for mattresses, but nothing else unearthed at the landfill seemed to interest them
http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...-examine-mattresses-taken-landfill-ar-475896/

I saw a picture a few days ago of Z sitting in a man's lap looking up at the camera laughing as those she was being tickled and the man, who looked like AB to me, was looking down and smiling as well. Wish I could remember where. It was a photo website that has several pictures of her. I will try to find it and post it.
Anyone know why the L4ZCB fb was taken down?

I believe they meant the Monte Carlo, which is a Chev right?

Thanks, I was confused when I read Pontiac because I was reading about the "Monte Carlo", of which, is a Chevrolet.

It's possible that the car in question is a Pontiac "GTO" because of the dual headlights. I can't find or remember a "Monte Carlo" with dual headlights, but then that was a long time ago.

Although the photos are not an exact match as I am not sure of the year of the car on Adam's MySpace page.

Attachments

• Adam's Photo.jpg
    Adam's Photo.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Pontiac_GTO_Judge_1970_front_quarter.jpg
    Pontiac_GTO_Judge_1970_front_quarter.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 8
Is Zahra's mattress missing?

Authorities would only say they are looking for evidence in that landfill but would not elaborate on WHAT it is they are looking for?

The latest search began Thursday morning at the Foothills Environmental Landfill, on Cheraw Road in Lenoir. Authorities say it receives trash from Burke, Caldwell and McDowell counties.

While Zahra Baker's most recent residence was in Catawba County, her family lived in Caldwell County before moving to Hickory, and her father, Adam, works for a company that owns property in Burke County. At least three searches have been conducted at the Burke County property.

Adkins, the Hickory police chief, refused to elaborate on exactly what searchers were trying to find at the landfill. When asked if the object of the search might be Zahra Baker's prosthetic leg, Adkins repeated, "We're looking for a piece of evidence."

"Several interviews led us to the belief that the evidence is in the landfill," Adkins added.

He said finding the evidence would give authorities a solid lead in establishing a timeline as to when the last time Zahra Baker had been seen.

Adkins and Caldwell County Sheriff Alan Jones, who also appeared at the news conference, said the landfill search will be methodical and could take up to five days. Jones said investigators probably will have to dig into the trash as part of the search.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/20/1774887/investigators-search-landfill.html#ixzz135YTDt7w

Just like the ICA case, seems no one can say when they last saw Zahra..her father claims the Thursday before she was noticed as missing is the last time he saw Zahra, EB claims that Saturday...Could something have happened to Zahra much earlier? How inattentive for dad to not see his daughter more frequently...something is so terribly off...JMHO

from the link above...

There was one other interesting development at the hearing this morning. Details were released that Elisa Baker has received more than $10,000 from a man in London, including money received as recently as the past week. The man was referred to as "Carlisle Fullman" during today's bond hearing.

It's unclear what relationship, if any, the two have. Baker met her husband, Zahra's father Adam, as part of an online relationship in Australia.

Wondering if authorities have gotten in touch with this guy from London?

Could there be a connection in the UK to Zahra??? EB's own daughter fears this woman and told the judge if she were to get out of jail, she would have to leave the state and to raise her bond, the judge complied with that request...JMHO

The below link is at the bond hearing. EB's daughter AF testified and told the judge how fearful she was of EB...and spoke of the $10,000 EB recieved from the London guy...JMHO

http://www.wbtv.com/global/category...default&clipId=5216372&flvUri=&partnerclipid=

Where is Zahra???

Why do I have to go to werk??? Blah.Have a good day friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan