ND - Dru Sjodin, 22, Grand Forks, 22 Nov 2003 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I went to bed and kept thinking about Dru, came back to see if there is more news. :(

That guy just looks too old to be this kind of perp.. I was expecting male, white, late 20's early 30's.. this is a big WAKE UP call to all of us that even the older guy down the block is dangerous.

Heck, if they live with their mother, clue in.

Cass...

Misty,

Oh little Samantha...that still makes me ill.
She was such a beauty and so young.
That b@%tard needs to have the same
things he did to her done to him 100x over.
All these sickos do. Rape is the most vile
thing imaginable (next to murder) but to
do it to a child!!! Oh I better not get
started on that...it makes me SO ANGRY!!

I think we're going to hear a lot more
tomorrow about Dru too. Oh so sad...

Kira

Originally posted by Casshew
God, I went to bed and kept thinking about Dru, came back to see if there is more news. :(

Cass...

Me, too. I just can't sleep thinking about that poor girl.

Originally posted by tylin
The rat *advertiser censored*! He should have been watched like a hawk. Keep sending Prayers and well wishes to Dru and her family. Please.

Yes he should have! Especially when he's considered a
predator!

I am still praying and won't stop...I know she needs us praying now more than ever...and so does her family.

Kira,
This has broken my heart. I wanted the kidnapper to be found, but I wanted Dru to be found first.

I completely agree with you Tylin...I wanted her found first too. I want to know that she is safe. I want her to be surrounded by love and not evil. THEN justice can step in and take care of the SOB that did this horrific thing. But I wanted to see her first too...I completely understand what you mean. It is absolutely heartbreaking.

You know, Dru was an angel and it's unimaginable that he was on the streets and had access to her or any other woman! I am heartsick and furious with a system that would give him another chance to hurt someone else!

Here's the really sad part. I do believe she is no longer alive. This is what it takes to get someone like this off the streets for life. The death of an innocent human being. How wrong is that?

Originally posted by Ghostwheel
This is what it takes to get someone like this off the streets for life. The death of an innocent human being. How wrong is that?

Wow Ghostwheel you nailed that one on the head.
How truly wrong it is that it has to happen that way.

Ghostwheel....how unbelievable..3 rapes aren't enough..he actually has to kill a human being to be considered a threat to society enough to keep him off the streets!

Originally posted by tylin
Let's just hope she is found alive....
They've charged this guy with kidnapping, which means they have some evidence. If he hasn't killed her, I'd think he'd be saying where she is pretty quickly, so we should know pretty soon.

I don't think she's alive either. I have a feeling they may find her in that lake. I'm thinking we will hear a lot more tomorrow.
God bless you, Dru!
Misty

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/4243256.html

Here is a new story link posted on 12-2.. Seems this monster "considered most at risk to reoffend".. How could they not watch him!
Also says
Rodriguez was released from prison May 1. He had been found guilty in June 1980 of first-degree assault and kidnapping for stabbing a woman and forcing her into his car, but it was unclear if that was his most recent conviction.

Unbelievable!:confused:

Originally posted by Sarahsue

Rodriguez was released from prison May 1. He had been found guilty in June 1980 of first-degree assault and kidnapping for stabbing a woman and forcing her into his car, but it was unclear if that was his most recent conviction.

Other reports say that Rodriguez was just released from a 23-year prison sentence so it seems that the 1980 assault was his last offense.

I wonder if North Dakota has the death penalty...

and also if possibly Rodriguez was the one that told LE to look in the lake...

sadly, I also believe she is no longer alive.

How can this be? Its not right! This young woman, so beautiful, so full of life, so full of promise. Its only a little after 6:00 am here and already this day sucks.

Her website is no longer available. :(

EXCERPT

Posted on Tue, Dec. 02, 2003

Police arrest suspect
22-year-old UND student still missing
By Stephen J. Lee
Herald Staff Writer

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/7392190.htm

...Rodriguez grew up in Crookston and first was convicted of attempted aggravated rape and aggravated rape in 1974 in Crookston and sent to prison. During a furlough from prison in 1979, he attacked another woman, attempting to abduct her from a city sidewalk in Crookston. He was convicted of attempted kidnapping and aggravated assault in 1980.

He remained in prison from 1980 until May 1 of this year.

State officials say Rodriguez previously was known to one victim and attacked two other women who did not know him, according to state correctional officials.

Wayne Swanson, who prosecuted Rodriguez in 1980 and served as Polk County attorney from 1979 to 2002, recalled the case Monday night.

"He attempted to abduct a woman off the street," Swanson said. "She fought him. He stabbed her. She did get away from him. She was not about to go with him. She was a pretty gutsy lady."

Rodriguez was in his 20s at the time of the Crookston assault, and the woman was 35 to 40 years old, Swanson said. Rodriguez drove away after the woman fought back, but he was arrested later partly with the help of a sketch the woman made.

"The woman he attacked was a very good artist, and she drew a full head drawing of him, which I held up against him when I did the final argument - it looked like a photograph, it was that good," Swanson said.

Rodriguez was sentenced to more than 20 years in prison for the assault because of his history of two previous sexual assault convictions, Swanson said.

"The judge determined that he was a very dangerous man," Swanson said.

Rodriguez also used a knife in an earlier sexual assault, Swanson said.

"I think he used a knife in all of them," he said.

According to the Department of Corrections Web site, Rodriguez has a "history of sexual contact and attempted kidnapping with adult females. Contact included penetration in two instances." It also states that Rodriguez was known to one of his victims, but not two others.

(snip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member