Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go to the Fargo PD's Facebook page and rewatch the Live video, you can hear the questions being asked.

Best comment from presser
Question from reporter: I went to the suspects apartment on Wednesday and talked to the female. There was no evidence of surveillance anywhere around. How can you say you were carefully watching?
Chief: Well, that's how surveillance is supposed to be. You aren't supposed to know that we are watching.
well, no wonder the Chief got frustrated with them. OMG.

Continuing from press conference:

News needs to ask if they are doing the right thing injecting yourself too far into an investigation that might jeopardize lives, you might want to think better

Have not filed any charges yet. When appropriate, will notify media to let us know.

If arrest without a warrant need a probable cause signed by judge within 24 hours. Will obtain info as to why there is reason for arrest and then have judge sign a ____

Does not mean to chastise news outlets, they are partners in this, because of safety of victims there are things he won't say until it is secured info.

Investigations and interviews from people who brought forth info

---

bbm This gives me hope for Savanna.

Police say they have arrested the right people, asking for public's help. Inform from this morning's press conference:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/new...ople-asking-publics-help-search-missing-woman

In addition, he asked anyone with information about a particular green Grand Cherokee Jeep to let police know if it was seen since Saturday.

(ETA, This pic must be the "abandoned vehicle" by the apartment, post below shows the Jeep they want to know if anyone saw)

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0798.PNG
    IMG_0798.PNG
    263.7 KB · Views: 486
Question about Grand Forks Individuals:

- were just trying to corroborate their (2 suspects) alibis

- confident these are only 2 individuals involved

The suspects sure have had ample time to get their "story" straight.

Valley News Live: https://www.facebook.com/ValleyNewsLive/photos/a.10151843818837326.1073741834.59909762325/10155079971222326/?type=3&theater

Have you seen this Jeep? Police asking for help, saying the Jeep could be related to missing Fargo woman, Savanna Greywind. Minnesota plates: 876EPR

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0799.JPG
    IMG_0799.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 464
Regarding the "tip" given to the family about the ping in the park, in this statement by the police chief, he says

Silk said relatives and friends of the family planned to search for clues near Buffalo River State Park east of Moorhead based on a tip that LaFontaine-Greywind’s phone may have “pinged” a cellphone tower in that area. Police later told the family they have no such information about her phone.

I think someone was messing with the family - such a disgrace!

I was away from my computer all afternoon yesterday, so I missed all of the news. I must say that I am happy that the baby was found alive and well. I am extremely sad for Savanna and the terror that must have befallen her. I too think they removed her from the apartment to take the baby from her. I think by the time that the family checked on her around 4:30, she was no longer in the building. When they checked at 2:30, she was probably already gone as well. I think they were buying time at the 2:30 check. This case is so very, very EVIL. I remember being pregnant, I remember the miracles, I remember the anticipation of seeing my new baby... I just can't... :cry: :cry: :cry:

so the woman was 38... more bad info and confusion.. mom saying they were in their 40s 50s and both under 38..
It wasn't done purposely I'm sure she barely knows them

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

It wasn't done purposely I'm sure she barely knows them

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Well at least now i can get the mental image of Roman and Minnie Castevetts (Rosemarys Baby) outta my head, i seriously wonder though if they watched that movie as inspiration. My god, i hope they somehow find Savanna alive but i very highly doubt thats possible. My heart aches for the family

I lived in Fargo for four years and camp at Buffalo River State Park. I can't imagine someone trying to hide a body there. While it does have some secluded areas, it's very popular/busy. North Dakota/Minnesota has many, many less populated areas to ditch a body.

I'm so sad for SG and hoping against hope that she's found alive. I'm also wondering if the banging in the tub was SG trying to alert someone of her plight. Perhaps she was injured but not dead and the perpetrators were trying to figure out their plan?

I was hoping there was somebody working with the suspects who felt benevolent. Texting Savanna's Mom critical info last Saturday, then the info of her location yesterday.
I guess that is off the table.

Caught up from last night. Thanks to all for the updates and PC notes.

This Jeep...so dogs hit on it. Were they scent dogs or cadaver dogs, anyone know?
Who owns the Jeep? What do the mean by "abandoned" ? They can't determine whose it is? Does it have plates, VIN #? I'm not following this Jeep aspect.

So the tip was false, as we suspected...why would a tip be called in to the mom and not LE.

Accomplice called in the tip? Still unclear about these "4 men".

Gah, I was hoping one of them broke down by this morning....so they are "uncooperative"

Caught up from last night. Thanks to all for the updates and PC notes.

This Jeep...so dogs hit on it. Were they scent dogs or cadaver dogs, anyone know?
Who owns the Jeep? What do the mean by "abandoned" ? They can't determine whose it is? Does it have plates, VIN #? I'm not following this Jeep aspect.

So the tip was false, as we suspected...why would a tip be called in to the mom and not LE.

Accomplice called in the tip? Still unclear about these "4 men".

Gah, I was hoping one of them broke down by this morning....so they are "uncooperative"

According to this morning's press conf, cadaver dogs indicated on the abandoned vehicle in the bldg's parking lot

The Jeep & the abandoned car are two different vehicles. Police are asking if anyone saw this Jeep (previously pictured) anytime on Saturday-Sunday in the Fargo-Moorhead area. The cadaver dogs hit on an abandoned car in the parking lot of the apartment complex. LE obtained a search warrant and did a full forensic search which didn't yield any information on the whereabouts of Savanna.

Best comment from presser
Question from reporter: I went to the suspects apartment on Wednesday and talked to the female. There was no evidence of surveillance anywhere around. How can you say you were carefully watching?
Chief: Well, that's how surveillance is supposed to be. You aren't supposed to know that we are watching.

I still have to say I just don't believe they were under constant surveillance. Otherwise they would have known about the baby much sooner, right?! I just don't get it.

My speculation - Savanna was taken away from the building immediately (maybe willingly under false pretenses?) I think she was incapacitated in some way and her baby was taken from her. I think they disposed of her body somewhere like a river or other body of water maybe in hopes of it never being found.

I do hope, however, that they are the stupid criminals they seem to be and they either talk or put her body somewhere easy to find.

Well, in a perfect world, I'd hope Savanna was still alive but I just have a hard time seeing that. :( Stranger things have happened but chances are probably too slim for my liking.

The Jeep & the abandoned car are two different vehicles. Police are asking if anyone saw this Jeep (previously pictured) anytime on Saturday-Sunday in the Fargo-Moorhead area. The cadaver dogs hit on an abandoned car in the parking lot of the apartment complex. LE obtained a search warrant and did a full forensic search which didn't yield any information on the whereabouts of Savanna.

^^^ Respectfully Bolded by Me

I'm unclear on that even after listening to the conference.

You may be right. Have you found anything indicating these are 2 separate vehicles?

I think it's possible they had them under some form of surveillance. According to family, they suspect that BLC was taking the baby in and out of the apartment using a laundry basket or suitcases. If the family (who lives in the apartment and undoubtedly had their sights set on this couple) didn't ever see the baby, it's possible LE didn't either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member