Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jeep & the abandoned car are two different vehicles. Police are asking if anyone saw this Jeep (previously pictured) anytime on Saturday-Sunday in the Fargo-Moorhead area. The cadaver dogs hit on an abandoned car in the parking lot of the apartment complex. LE obtained a search warrant and did a full forensic search which didn't yield any information on the whereabouts of Savanna.

Has anyone ever heard of LE asking the public to dumpster dive before ? That statement shocked me for some reason. And i hate to even type this but if her body is in a dumpster and presumably for days, there would be an obvious smell of death. I'll never forget the time we found a single dead cat in a bag in the woods, we smelled it from at least an eighth a mile away.

Sorry i hit quote to wrong post too i just noticed

Dumpsters...I had asked about this before. How often and when are they emptied....to what landfill does the trash go? Has there been any search of ant landfill that we know about? Wish a reporter had asked that.
omg, this is so awful. Savanna's picture of her holding her belly upthread is etched in my mind

I think it's possible they had them under some form of surveillance. According to family, they suspect that BLC was taking the baby in and out of the apartment using a laundry basket or suitcases. If the family (who lives in the apartment and undoubtedly had their sights set on this couple) didn't ever see the baby, it's possible LE didn't either.

Maybe body parts were going out in laundry basket/suitcases. That could account for the sound of something running that was mentioned a few pages back.

:cow:

Has anyone ever heard of LE asking the public to dumpster dive before ? That statement shocked me for some reason. And i hate to even type this but if her body is in a dumpster and presumably for days, there would be an obvious smell of death. I'll never forget the time we found a single dead cat in a bag in the woods, we smelled it from at least an eighth a mile away.

Sorry i hit quote to wrong post too i just noticed

Very true what you say about the smell. We too had a dead cat in a plastic bag behind a wall in an empty lot in our street. The whole street was smelling. (And shame on the people who threw the poor kitty over there!)

Yes it's a very odd thing to ask the public. Did they actually say to look for a body? Or for clothing, belongings, etc?

This leads me to believe they really have no clue where Savanna could be.

Maybe body parts were going out in laundry basket/suitcases. That could account for the sound of something running that was mentioned a few pages back.

:cow:

I don't think anything happened to Savanna in that apartment. They did a full forensic search and found no trace of her there.

I could never be a police officer. It would take everything in me not to bounce their faces off the wall until they told me where she was. I hope they find her today.

Except for the sounds for 15 to 20 minutes in the bathroom, it sounds like Savanna was not at the apartment. Did she willingly go somewhere else? Did they bring the baby back from whereever in the basket or bag? There is still something "off" with this case. JMO! The abandoned vehicle, the 4 men, the tip to search the park...

I could never be a police officer. It would take everything in me not to bounce their faces off the wall until they told me where she was. I hope they find her today.

I don't understand, even after the press conference, why they had to wait so long to get a warrant? I read that they went in 3 times before the warrant, but still . . . WTH? Where were they moving the baby? Somebody else was helping. I find it hard to believe it is just the 2 individuals under arrest that are involved. Color me skeptical.

A brief timeline at link below:

http://www.wday.com/news/4317545-recap-key-events-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-case

And this from link:

< snip> 2:30 p.m., Norberta LaFontaine-Greywind sends her 16-year-old son to the upstairs apartment to get his sister, who was to drive him to work. Her brother knocks on the door, but no one answers. He hears what he thinks is a sewing machine running in the apartment. Savanna's father, Joe Greywind, then knocks on the upstairs apartment door. A woman answers the door and says Savanna will be a bit longer.

What's with the possible sound of the running sewing machine? I haven't touched a sewing machine in many, many decades...can you get it to run continuously without actually operating it?

Not unless you jam the foot pedal so I am not sure if it was a sewing machine that he heard, unless the couple was clever enough to have a recording of a sewing machine running on their cell phone or got the exact sound from a website to play

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Has the baby been confirmed as Savanna's? The fact that the baby in question has been found but Savanna has not is so distressing.

bbm This gives me hope for Savanna.

This is another reason why the baby was put into protective custody. Until they get the whole story and make sure they have all the suspects they need, i personally think the baby would not be safe. Heartbreak for the baby's dad but safety comes first.

Long-time lurker, first-time poster. Has the baby been confirmed as Savanna's? The fact that the baby in question has been found but Savanna has not is so distressing.
From what I understand, the two arrested have confirmed that the baby belongs to Savanna, but LE is waiting on DNA result to be sure.

The Jeep thing.
If the Jeep LE wants to know about, whether anyone had seen it, and the abandoned Jeep are two different vehicles.....what prompted LE to ask about the first Jeep?

Anyone know what kind of vehicles this couple owned?

In the press conference, they said the "4 men" were people they needed to talk to to follow up on the alibi given by the suspects. The Grand Forks police followed up on those alibi needs, as they were in that city.

The Jeep thing.
If the Jeep LE wants to know about, whether anyone had seen it, and the abandoned Jeep are two different vehicles.....what prompted LE to ask about the first Jeep?
One is sitting near the apartments and the dogs hit on it. The other one I believe belongs to one of the suspects and they want to know if anyone saw it in a location where Savanna could have been taken.

The Jeep thing.

Anyone know what kind of vehicles this couple owned?

From my listening, I thought the police chief said they wanted to know if anyone had seen the jeep out and about on Saturday or Sunday. They have the jeep, they need to know where it went over the weekend. I also heard that WH was taken into custody on a traffic stop.
It sounded to me like the abandoned vehicle and the Jeep were two different vehicles, but I have no idea now.

And further, the photograph of the jeep they released today that they are seeking info about...the jeep looks "abandoned" to me.

I may be confused, though

Except for the sounds for 15 to 20 minutes in the bathroom, it sounds like Savanna was not at the apartment. Did she willingly go somewhere else? Did they bring the baby back from whereever in the basket or bag? There is still something "off" with this case. JMO! The abandoned vehicle, the 4 men, the tip to search the park...
well we don't know that sound was her at all. In fact if the dogs went 3 times and found nothing then she most likely never entered the apt.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member