Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree that the gap in care won't affect her. There is no substitute for a family's love. There is also zero to suggest that the baby wouldn't be safe with her family visiting her.

Interrupting a bond at such a crucial time can have lasting affects including making it more difficult for the parent and child to bond later.

I find the whole thing senseless and I'm surprised how many people willingly accept this. It's ridiculous IMO. The creeps admitted it is her baby. savann's is missing and they showed up with a baby days after she went into their apartment. The coincidence that would have to exist for these freaks to have somehow acquired a totally unrelated newborn at the same time their pregnant neighbor went missing would be fantasical.

Finally, it would seem that they are violating tribal law not protecting it. Because I don't see any tribe involved in the child's case making decisions.

^^^This^^^^

So I am going to assume the hearing is over? Any "new" court dates??

TIA!

It looks like the experts/researchers are noting some of the differences in this case as opposed to other fetal abduction cases - something we sleuthers have also been doing for the last day or two:

http://www.wday.com/news/4318341-mcfeely-womb-raiders-follow-pattern-fargo-case-might-be-different
http://www.wday.com/news/4318342-fetal-abduction-rare-possible-pregnant-fargo-womans-disappearance

I know we don't yet have a lot of information but from what we do know, AFAIK BLC didn't post anything on her FB about expecting a baby, apart from a possible rumor that she had claimed to someone that she was pregnant (was that msm or just a rumor?) Did anyone manage to see her page early on? I don't know if she scrubbed posts after Savanna went missing.

Beyond that though there also doesn't seem to be any evidence that Savanna and BLC were friendly. And what part did WH play? He certainly wasn't ignorant of what transpired.

If in fact, she has had multiple children removed from her care, she wouldn't want anyone to think she was pregnant. In most cases, after having several children removed, parental rights are terminated and any further children are removed after birth by DCFS from the birth parent.
I believe that in her (and his) monstrous mind, the only way to have another child was to take one from a pregnant woman. This case is horrifying and heartbreaking!

FARGO – Brooke Lynn Crews, charged with conspiring to murder a pregnant neighbor and kidnap her unborn child, told police the neighbor gave Crews the baby and left, according to court documents released Monday, Aug. 28.

William Henry Hoehn, Crews’ boyfriend and co-defendant, told police he arrived home to find Crews cleaning up blood in the bathroom and presenting him with the child saying, “This is our baby, this is our family.”

The neighbor, Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, 22, went missing Aug. 19. She was eight months pregnant at the time. Her body was found wrapped in plastic bags in the Red River on Sunday night, Aug. 27.

Crews, 38, and Hoehn, 32, have each been charged with conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to commit kidnapping and providing false information to law enforcement. They were set to appear in Cass County District Court at 2 p.m. Monday.

According to court records, after police found a baby in the apartment that Crews and Hoehn shared on Aug. 24, Crews told detectives she had asked Greywind to come to the apartment and taught her how to self-induce birth by breaking her own water.

Greywind’s family said she had told them she was visiting an upstairs neighbor at 1:30 p.m. Aug. 19. Crews said Greywind then left the apartment and returned at 3 a.m. Aug. 21 to give Crews the baby.

Hoehn told police that he returned home from work at 2:30 p.m. Aug. 19, an hour after Greywind allegedly visited, to find Crews cleaning up blood in the bathroom and presenting him with the baby. He told police that he did remove garbage bags containing bloody towels and his own bloody shoes and leaving them in a dumpster at a West Fargo apartment building.

bbm

Two conflicting stories right there.

BC says Savanna came two days later to give her the baby. Hoehn says the baby was there already on Saturday, the day Savanna disappeared.

Should've gotten your stories straightened out guys!

WH's version is probably closer to the truth imo.

I think they took her to the farmstead location and tied her up and duct taped her mouth and induced labor and left her there and went back to their apartment, they thought they were in the clear after the police visits. after she had the baby, could have been 1-2 days later they returned back to apartment with laundry baskets etc the baby inside and they got rid of her by the river

It's possible.

"According to court records, after police found a baby in the apartment that Crews and Hoehn shared on Aug. 24, Crews told detectives she had asked Greywind to come to the apartment and taught her how to self-induce birth by breaking her own water".

Another idiotic cover story by them. Because clearly there's a magic way to safely induce labor and give birth within the hour. SMH.

Sorry to be macabre but if I had to guess, I would say they knocked her out somehow almost immediately after she arrived at the apartment, did a quick cesarean, and then quietly killed her while she was still under. Terrifying, but atleast this would mean she didn't suffer.

If in fact, she has had multiple children removed from her care, she wouldn't want anyone to think she was pregnant. In most cases, after having several children removed, parental rights are terminated and any further children are removed after birth by DCFS from the birth parent.
I believe that in her (and his) monstrous mind, the only way to have another child was to take one from a pregnant woman. This case is horrifying and heartbreaking!

It takes anywhere from 6 mths to a year to terminate parent's right. The number one goal is to rehabilitate the parents and see where that goes. Most cases the parents rebound and make proper choices to establish a healthy environment, many do not give a crap. With her prior situations, it was probably recommended that no children live with her because a healthy environment would not be provided.

Brooke is much older than the guy she was with and she probably lived in a fantasy world about being a little family by having a baby. Red flags would have been raised if she had one naturally due to her history. The social services file will never go away, archived but never go away. One click of a SS num and the facts come out in the database.

Another idiotic cover story by them. Because clearly there's a magic way to safely induce labor and give birth within the hour. SMH.

Sorry to be macabre but if I had to guess, I would say they knocked her out somehow almost immediately after she arrived at the apartment, did a quick cesarean, and then quietly killed her while she was still under. Terrifying, but atleast this would mean she didn't suffer.

That or she was lured away from the apartment, maybe for "lunch" or something after the dress fitting (if there even was one) and driven to that farmhouse. I'm thinking she had the baby at the farmhouse and they kept her there for a couple days before before bringing baby back to the apartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^This^^^^

Not accepting it, just have had experience with it and I see both sides. Heartbreaking circumstances but the law was followed. Many times the law seems to favor the 's :( LE needed to do what they did and we as the public do not have all the facts either on why they decided this route. Unless we are a caseworker or LE we wont have all the facts until its done. Social services does not give press conferences to inform us of their decisions. Personally these cases are very hard because caseworkers are human as well with emotions.

LaborDayRN: didn't meant to quote you. I got the wrong post

If you have information of her losing custody/visiting rights by the court, please share. I am not aware of any of her children being taken away. From all the accounts I read, in the MSM stories, she left, disappeared, divorced, vanished. 7 children by 5 men, out there being raised with little to no contact with their mother....
WH, on the other hand, would be the issue, from his child abuse conviction.I would imagine any child he had would be under scruitiny?

So WH already tries to throw BC under the bus, claiming he came home and there was the baby and he had no idea what had happened. Probably tries to get out of this mess only with a "abuse of a corpse" charge or something.

It doesn't matter what these two criminals say - the condition of her body during autopsy will tell the story.

This case of fetal abduction (I hate the term "womb raiders") is unusual in that BLC didn't pretend to be pregnant and also because WH probably helped her, no matter what lie he's currently spewing.
http://www.inforum.com/news/4318341...-follow-pattern-fargo-case-might-be-different

I keep thinking there's more to Crews' motive. For one thing why did she pick a pregnant woman who lives in her own apartment building? Why not join a FB group to search for a victim? Was there bad blood (real or imagined) between her and Savanna?

Or was she just dumb as rocks? Sigh. I know we have to wait for the full story to come out but I'm so damned angry right now that it's very difficult. I'm sure y'all feel the same.

No news yet that I can find on today's hearing or future court dates. Today's was scheduled for 2pm, right? Did I miss any reports?

http://www.wday.com/news/4318607-ou...stories-how-they-ended-missing-womans-newborn

That or she was lured away from the apartment, maybe for "lunch" or something after the dress fitting (if there even was one) and driven to that farmhouse. I'm thinking she had the baby at the farmhouse and they kept her there for a couple days before before bringing baby back to the apartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is that WH's story has more of the truth in it. The thumping in the bathtub and the shower running for a long time leads me to believe Savanna was harmed within the hour. But I don't think BC did it on her own, I think WH participated. Depends on how his alibi held up.

I wonder how many more stories they will tell until the evidence tells the truth?

There most likely will be additional charges when the autopsy results are in

The coroner first has to rule this officially a homicide, right? Only then can murder charges be filed?

Wasn't the ruse related to modelling a dress? I wouldn't be surprised if it was relatively easy to get her to the farm property - abandoned places like that are popular for photo shoots if she sincerely believed the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NebulasShift