GUILTY ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #3

Friday, Sept. 21st:
*Trial continues (Day 4) (@ 9am CT) - ND - Savanna Marie LaFontaine-Greywind (22) (Aug. 19, 2017) - William Henry Hoehn (32) indicted (8/19/17) with conspiracy to commit murder (Class AA Felony). Plead not guilty. $2M cash bond. Plead guilty (9/4/18) to conspiracy to commit kidnapping (Class A Felony) & giving false info to LE (Class a Misdemeanor).
Trial was set for 5/15/18 but cancelled, trial continued to Sept. 18th.
9/4/18 Update: Hoehn pleaded guilty Tuesday to charges of kidnapping and providing false information to law enforcement in the August 2017 death of Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind of Fargo. Hoehn is still scheduled for trial on Sept. 18 on a charge of conspiracy to commit murder. Felony Jury Trial (8:30 AM) 9/18, 9/19, 9/20, 9/21, 9/24, 9/25, 9/26, 9/27, 9/28.

9/10/18 Update: Request to have his murder conspiracy trial moved out of Fargo has been denied. Hoehn had asked that his trial on conspiracy to commit murder be relocated to Burleigh County because of media coverage of the case. Cass County District Judge Thomas Olson rejected the request in an order filed Monday, Sept. 10.
9/18/18 Update: Day 1: Trial ends with jury of 8 women and 6 men chosen. Opening statements will start 9 a.m. Wed., Sept. 19.
9/19/18 Update: Day 2: Opening statements by both sides. Witnesses: Jesse Rios (owns roofing business), Hoehn's boss. David Henry, co-worker & lived in same apt. bldg (known him for 4 to 5 years. Nortberta Greywind, Savanna’s mother. Joe Greywind, Savanna’s father. Last witness for the day, Detective Samuel Bollman, Fargo police responded to 911 call. The defense chose not to cross-examine any of the State's witnesses this afternoon. Trial continues to 9/20.
9/20/18 Update: Day 3: Witness: Joshua Loos, 12 year Fargo Police Dept. veteran, did LE interview (8/23/17) with Hoehn. Also played LE interview on 8/24 after baby was found. The jury listened all day to William Hoehn's interviews with police, and what stories they told them about what happened to Savanna and her baby.

Brooke Lynn Crews (38) also charged with same counts, plead guilty on 12/11/17 & sentencing on Feb. 2, 2018 to life without parole.

Raju Chaduvula on Twitter
Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 5m5 minutes ago
Day four of William Hoehn's trial is underway. The jury will soon be called in. #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY on Twitter
Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 3m3 minutes ago
Day 4 is kicking off with debate between State, Defense and Judge Olson on state's request to have a doctor come in to testify the process it takes to do a C-section. State believes context on process will show jury that Crews couldn't do it alone. #HoehnTrial

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 2m2 minutes ago
The attorneys are currently arguing about the state's intent to call upon a doctor who can testify to he procedure of a C-section and how long it takes, to show that Brooke Crews couldn't have acted alone when she performed the C-section on Savanna. #HoehnTrial

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 15s16 seconds ago
Judge Tom Olson granted the state their request. The jury is now seated. The video from yesterday, Hoehn's second interview with police on Aug. 24, 2017, will resume shortly. #HoehnTrial

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 4m4 minutes ago
Video: police ask Hoehn to help them and help Savanna's family. Police bring up Jacob Wetterling, saying they don't want a situation like that. "Show some dignity man," a detective says. #HoehnTrial

PD: “You can help her right now, Will.”
Hoehn: “I can’t… I can’t help anyone.”
PD: “You can, give her the dignity. Just tell me where to go, Will. I really don’t want this to be, like you said, another Wetterling 20-year wait. We don’t want that and neither do you.” #HoehnTrial

Video: #HoehnTrial
PD: “Can you give the dignity Savanna deserves?” -long periods of silence. Hoehn is wrapped up in a blanket, staring down-

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 4m4 minutes ago
#HoehnTrial Video: **Audio is VERY hard to hear** This is what it sounds like:
PD: “That’s the least of what she deserves. You have me convinced that you’re a guy with a big heart..”
Hoehn, mumbling: “A really huge heart, filled with a *advertiser censored* ton of pain, anguish..."

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 45s46 seconds ago
#HoehnTrial Video: **DISCLAIMER: VERY QUIET REPLY**
PD: “You can do this, Will… You can. It may be the only thing you can do. Is she outside somewhere?
Hoehn: “Yes.”

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 33s34 seconds ago
The interview has ended. The detectives just handcuffed Hoehn, then left him alone in the room. #HoehnTrial

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 1m1 minute ago
The video is completed. The prosecution is resuming to question Det. Loos. #HoehnTrial

Last edited:
A police interview with Brooke Crews on Aug. 24, 2017, after her arrest when a baby was found at her and Hoehn's apartment, will now play to the jury. #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 1m1 minute ago
Loos (on the stand) confirms he was interviewing Hoehn and Crews separately, at the same time. They would take a break from Hoehn, and question Crews. That clip is now beginning to play to the jury. #HoehnTrial

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 5m5 minutes ago
Video: police ask Brooke if she knew Savanna well. Brooke replies and says "No." #HoehnTrial

This is the first time we are hearing Brooke Crews' voice. She says she doesn't know Savanna very well, but knows Savanna's mother better from seeing her at the dollar store where she works. #HoehnTrial

Last edited:
Video: Brooke says when Savanna left her home on Aug. 19, she was "well and healthy and walking on her own two feet." #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 23s24 seconds ago
#HoehnTrial Video: Detectives are asking Crews where Savanna is.
Crews: "All I know is I was asked to take care of the baby for a short period of time..."

#HoehnTrial Video: Crews: "I was only trying to help..."
PD: "I don't have any reason to doubt that you're a caring, kind person and somebody who wants to help."

Last edited:
Video: Brooke asks what kind of charges she's looking for having the baby in her possession. Police tell her it depends on what they find at her apartment and what Hoehn says. Brooke says "There's nothing in my apartment to find." #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 39s40 seconds ago
#HoehnTrial Video: Crews: "All I'm concerned about is what kind of trouble I'm in for having that baby in my possession." She presses detectives for details on what charges she is facing and what they know.

Video: Brooke tells police she met Savanna "many weeks ago" (the interview takes place on Aug. 24, 2017). She says Savanna "was not happy with her parents, was not happy with her life." #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 4m4 minutes ago
Crews: "She was just sick of it. Felt she was doing, pulling all the weight in the family, doing this and that, and with her boyfriend, apparently, he had cheated on her a couple of times... she just said she was sick of it and wanted to get away." #HoehnTrial

Video: Brooke tells police Savanna left her apartment on Saturday, Aug. 19, 2017. Brooke tells police Savanna brought her the baby on Monday, Aug. 21. #HoehnTrial

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 46s47 seconds ago
Video: Det. Loos to Brooke "What you just told me makes no sense." #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 54s55 seconds ago
#HoehnTrial Video:
PD: "What you just told me, was completely untrue."
Crews: "Oh. Okay. So you were there?"
PD: "No… But what you just told me makes absolutely no sense."

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 19m19 minutes ago
William Hoehn has been attentively watching the video of detectives interviewing his former girlfriend. #HoehnTrial @WDAYnews

DnoKRNEUcAIDvY5.jpg

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 18m18 minutes ago
Video: Brooke tells pregnant she isn't pregnant but thought she was "about a month ago." #HoehnTrial

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 17m17 minutes ago
The court is taking a break. The trial will resume at 10:40 a.m. #HoehnTrial

Sarah Rudlang WDAY‏ @sarahrudlang 16m16 minutes ago
The first break of Day 4 is now underway. Jury will come back to continue watching the video at 10:40. #HoehnTrial

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 59s59 seconds ago
The jury is back and the video will resume. #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall on Twitter
Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 2m2 minutes ago
We're back from our first break in the courtroom. Detective Loos is still on the stand, and the jury is watching and listening to Brooke Crew's interview with police. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Video: Brooke repeats to police that the baby came into her possession "early, early Monday morning." #HoehnTrial

Brooke Crews tells police that Hoehn knows little about this situation and that she left him 'out of it.' PD tell her that they don't buy her story of Savanna leaving the apt. Crews says they are 'not going to find anything' in Apt. 5 #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 43s43 seconds ago
PD: Why did you tell Will you were pregnant?
Crews: "We thought we were having a baby... I was under the impression that I was having a baby." I thought I was pregnant until just recently. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Video: Brooke tells police she was under the impression she was pregnant "right up until just recently." *the interview takes place on Aug. 24, 2017* #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 37s37 seconds ago
PD: "This is a house of cards in a hurricane."
Crews: I didn't hurt the girl... I don't know where she is. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Crews: All I have been doing is caring for this baby. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Video: Det. Loos tells Brooke "this is a house of cards in a hurricane." Brooke replies saying "she doesn't know where she is...and all I know is that I've been taking care of her baby." #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 1m1 minute ago
Crews continues to tell police that Savanna came back to the apartment early in the morning and gave her baby to Crews. Brooke continues to insist that she doesn't know where Savanna is. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

PD: 'I think the whole pregnancy thing was a whole off the cuff idea' that got out of control.
Crews: 'That's not how it happened. I went to the doctor in January. They gave me an ultrasound, I was pregnant.' #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Crews tell Detective Loos that she could hear the baby move. She then says that she started to feel sick. Crews says that she could hear her baby's heartbeat with a stethoscope. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Video: Brooke tells police "this opportunity was a godsend almost." When police ask what opportunity, Brooke tells the "opportunity to take care of a baby." #HoehnTrial

Crews: "I felt like this opportunity was a God-send almost"... The opportunity to potentially to take care of a baby.
PD: Savanna's baby? Crews: Yeah.. that's really all the context I can give you. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Crews: "I am guilty of getting caught up in an idea that I could somehow make her baby mine. But as far as causing her harm or anything like that, no. "
PD: You didn't assist her with the birth?
Crews: No. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

ngeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 2m2 minutes ago
Crews continues to tell police she has nothing to do with Savanna's disappearance, says that Savanna gave Brooke her baby and wanted to get away.
Police: Brooke, 'do you know how ridiculous this sounds?" #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

PD: Part of you thought this could work.
Brooke: "When she didn't show up to get her baby, then yes, I did."
PD: But you knew she wasn't coming back. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

PD: What did you tell Will tell his coworkers about you having a baby on Saturday?
Brooke: I don't know. 'I find that odd.' #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 49s49 seconds ago
Video: police ask Brooke why Hoehn would tell co-workers Monday, Aug. 21, 2017, they had a baby on Saturday. Brooke says "That is odd." Brooke has maintained that Savanna gave her the baby early Monday morning. #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 16s16 seconds ago
Brooke: "I did several things wrong.. and that is why I am talking to you."
She continues to add that she wasn't honest with police with they came to her door. Brooke says she regrets not telling police about the baby. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Video: police ask Brooke to tell her side of the story.
"I did tell you my side of it," Brooke says.
"And its complete ," Det. Loos says. #HoehnTrial

Investigators tell Crews that her story doesn't match up to Hoehn's story.
Brooke: 'I told you my side of it.'
PD: And it's 'complete bull s***.' #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 46s47 seconds ago
Video: Brooke says "I don't know where Savanna is. Give me a polygraph test. I don't know where Savanna is." #HoehnTrial

Brooke asks police, 'Am I superhuman?' She is referring to the fact that there were about 2ish hours between when Savanna was last seen and when police first walked through Crews/Hoehn apartment. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 5m5 minutes ago
Crews tells police that she told Savanna how to induce her baby, then on Saturday Savanna asked her to care for her baby. Then, on Monday, she came back with the baby to give to Crews, who 'hoped (Savanna) would come back.' #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Last edited:
Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 4m4 minutes ago
Detectives to start explode when Brooke continues to lie.
PD: They are going to find her blood in the apartment.
Crews; No, they aren't.
PD: Hoehn was visibly sick telling us what happened! #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Video: police tell Brooke that Hoehn told them about the bloody towels used to clean. Brooke says she needs a lawyer because she "doesn't know what the hell is going on." The video ends there. Prosecution resumes questioning Det. Loos. #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 36s36 seconds ago
Detective Loos with @FargoPolice is being questioned now again by prosecutors. Loos says, "It looks really, really bad" so we tried to get their "'emotional, feeling side" to carry out the interrogation. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 36s37 seconds ago
Detective Loos told William in interrogation that PD found black hair and blood in the bathroom. Loos says on the stand that fact wasn't true. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 14m14 minutes ago
Detective Loos says that when they separately interviewed Crews and Hoehn, he essentially just let them talk at first so they could 'lock' themselves into a story about what happened. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 12m12 minutes ago
Detective Loos says that Hoehn admits Savanna was alive when he was in the apartment. Crews also places him there when Savanna was alive. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 11m11 minutes ago
Detective Loos says there is enough similarities in their stories that he believes Crews and Hoehn must have discussed it before they were brought into custody. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 10m10 minutes ago
The Defense is now cross-examining Detective Loos. Defense Attorney Dan Borgen is questioning him. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 12m12 minutes ago
Detective Loos says on the stand that Brooke Crews never said anything about helping Hoehn or having his back. This type of allegiance to Crews was a common theme in Hoehn's interviews with investigators. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Raju Chaduvula‏ @raju_chaduvula 12m12 minutes ago
Det. Loos stepped down. The State now calls Brandon McCollum, a forensic scientist with the FBI’s DNA Casework Unit. #HoehnTrial

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 10m10 minutes ago
Mr. Brandon McCollum with the FBI is now taking the stand. He says that he has a copy of the case file with him - he handed this over as a part of discovery material. McCollum is a forensic examiner with the DNA Casework unit. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 9m9 minutes ago
A forensic examiner is the person who makes the casework decisions. He directs tests in the lab-setting. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 8m8 minutes ago
McCollum says that it's important to the FBI lab to maintain the 'integrity of the evidence' within the lab while conducting tests. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Angeline McCall‏ @amccallWDAY 3m3 minutes ago
The court is now breaking for lunch. We will be back at 1:30. Forensic Examiner McCollum will finishing testifying when we come back. #HoehnTrial #SavannaGreywind

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back