NE NE - Corrie Wood, 28, Grant, 20 September 2008 #2

(snip)
There is an interesting tidbit of info I can share with everyone. The night of Scott's DUI October 13th, He was charged with suspended license, driving with an OPEN container of alcohol, along with the regular DUI charges. This is the same night he was also charged with terroristic threats, and harrassment.
(snip)

Question on the part I bolded above: has it been released or determined who he was harassing and threatening? And did he do so that night or was that just when he was charged? I swear it doesn't seem like this man learns from his mistakes :waitasec:

And TY for the TY and for all you do! :blowkiss:

And
(snip)
I'm beginning to think that she was cleaned up, blood wiped off etc., and the house cleaned up. (snip)
It sure does seem like these men go into cleaning mode after they've killed their SO, doesn't it? And in this case we know for sure about the bedding being "washed" then thrown out, but I'd be willing to bet much more was done before LE was even notified :mad:

LorinMarie,

I read the part of the forum that you suggested. It makes sense. I wonder if by the time Corrie's body was ready for autopsy she had started to bruise. There had to be a way that the cornor could tell that she had been beaten upon her body too. In watching TV shows you see people that are bruised something terrible. I know that TV shows aren't reality but they are supposed to be close to it...like CSI Miami!! I guess he didn't split her skin either or that would have been seen right away. I'm just glad that it was discovered in the end that she was beaten about the body and head otherwise someone would be getting away with murder.

Did Scott get that 2nd to the last DUI along with all of those other things...suspended license. etc after Corrie died? Hasn't he had two DUI's since her death? I just can't believe that he is getting all of these charges and no jail time. Who does he have in his pocket? He probably thinks that he can get away with whatever he does now. I hope that isn't the case.

No Poker Chips you are not stupid :blowkiss: I don't know exactly what that is either, I think it's some kind of one hit and your out deal, which doesn't even come close to being right because we all know that it was NOT just a one hit deal, it was a long beating, so I think we just need to disreguard that term and move on...
Look I know I have obviously upset you and I did say sorry cant you move past me asking a question ?
I didn't even ask it or suggest it - I mentioned it Before I knew who it was and then even said photos are deceptive
We ALL see FAR TO much in photos - just look at the Caylee Anthony case

So again my apologies for upsetting you for even asking anything

People kept saying that she had no obvious visible signs blood etc bruising etc

So I suggested the king hit - its an Australia term (I didnt realise that when i posted)

A One hit punch that knocks you out cold or dead.

BUT even though Corrie was repeatedly hit/kicked viciously I still wonder if it wasnt the ONE hit that killed her.

Why was there no blood ? or bruising ?

With many other cases there is a autopsy report available - is there not one for this case ?

I'm still plowing my way through the threads but has anyone located the mother of the little boy of Scotts ?

Seems odd that a Prisoner with some fairly serious convictions and jail time gets custody over a child.

Whose idea was it to go to that bar for her birthday that night ?
What happened between the hours of 12.30pm and 10am when she was supposedly found Like that?
In regards to the phone calls for those 9 minutes - I see two scenarios
1)she was totally blind drunk and was calling him leaving messages (if she couldnt get through)
2) she was trying desperately to reach him

Ive been in number 1 (quite some years ago LOL) but I repeatedly called my b/f at the time over and over yelling at him then ringing back and saying sorry then yelling / sorry etcetc

Does anyone know whether her phone was beside her ? in a bag ? where was the stuff she had on her that night ? The clothes etc

I usually do feel that it is always someone that you know, not a random attack, there are so many cases on here right now that point directly at the closest person

A lot of that was due to Corrie.

Yes I do understand that but it still seems so very odd........But then it depends on the Grandparents whether they were getting too old to care for the baby or indeed did not really want him anymore.
I still wonder where the mother of the boy is alive or dead ?
Interesting to note his record on the other thread - the lonnnnnnngggg record that it is - that a lot of disturbing the peace charges and other ones are all around december

Thank you JaneInOz for clearing up the "King Hit" As I said, that would be considered a "Sucker Punch" in my terms. I can see where you are coming from with the One Hit theory. Being the "Straw that Broke the Camels Back" so to speak. Since she was beaten or kicked repeatedly, she might have survived had it not been for that one last fatal blow. Are we now on the same line of thinking? I too, wish there were more details about the autopsy. How and where she died are no longer in question in my mind. The how has been established for certain and the where, I am convinced, is the home where she was found. I do not think she was placed there after her death. The thing I am most interested in is the approximate time of death. I think that information, along with some other, is being kept silent so as to give the person or persons responsible for the death and cover up, time to screw up. I truly think that will happen, as these people involved will at some time slip up and either break or brag.

Poker Chips yes that is what I was thinking...
Also finally got through the last thread .......

Here are some more thoughts...based upon things said in that thread

Is it AT ALL possible that Corrie was murdered else where and any blood removed and then she was brought back to the house ?
Could the stuff that was on the sheets been bodily fluids ? because when someone dies after a certain amount of time bodily fluids seep (although why anyone would want to keep those sheets is beyond me)
If someone gets a severe beating / kicking enough to cause death shouldn't they be bruised from head to toe ?or have shoe prints ?
Obviously as the casket was closed something awful happened to her body ? But then why on earth did the LE think it was drug overdose when they first found her
How can she be bad enough for a closed casket but nothing suspicious on her body for the LE to let the crime scene be cleared ?
It makes no sense.
That was why I was querying the whole king hit thing because how could they think it was a drug overdose if she was beaten / kicked to death ?
Does bruising come out after a particular amount of time after you die ? that would then help with the time of death right ?

As was stated before, there were no outward signs of violence at the scene. Numerous people were there, LE, the coroner, and EMT personnel, and no one saw anything out of the ordinary. Only after the autopsy at Scottsbluff to determine cause of death, did they know it was a homicide. The body was then sent to the state for further autopsy. If the blow that killed her was to the back of the head, which could mean she was trying to get away, the facial area might not have even been touched so nothing would show at the time.
Just my opinion on why the casket was closed. She had been through two autopsies examining the head and brain area, so along with post mortem bruising, that could explain that. LE has been beat up repeatedly on here for some unfortunate mistakes, and I'm sure they beat themselves up over it after the fact. There is nothing that can be done about that but carry on with what we have and throw out theories and suggestions to try and make up for it.
As far as the sheet washing, the general consensus is body fluid. If it had been blood, someone out of all those people present would have noticed I'm sure. You and everyone else hasn't a clue why they would want to wash and keep them. What else was done by "Friends" at the scene still remains a mystery. If we knew what else was cleaned up, straightened up, or even removed, that would be a highly helpful.
Hope this helps bring you up to speed without having to try and decifer all the posts.

LorinMarie,

I read the part of the forum that you suggested. It makes sense. I wonder if by the time Corrie's body was ready for autopsy she had started to bruise. There had to be a way that the cornor could tell that she had been beaten upon her body too. In watching TV shows you see people that are bruised something terrible. I know that TV shows aren't reality but they are supposed to be close to it...like CSI Miami!! I guess he didn't split her skin either or that would have been seen right away. I'm just glad that it was discovered in the end that she was beaten about the body and head otherwise someone would be getting away with murder.

Did Scott get that 2nd to the last DUI along with all of those other things...suspended license. etc after Corrie died? Hasn't he had two DUI's since her death? I just can't believe that he is getting all of these charges and no jail time. Who does he have in his pocket? He probably thinks that he can get away with whatever he does now. I hope that isn't the case.

BA,

The night of October 13th
-DUI
-Driving with a suspended License
-Driving with an open container of alcohol
*might be another charge here....my mind is foggy this morning

Then on another account:
The night of October 13th
-Terrorist Threats
-Harrassment

It ended up being a total of two felonies and two misdemeans..

As for the 2nd DUI since her death. I haven't seen any charges from that night. However, we did have confirmation that he was indeed pulled over drunk. So, that leads me to believe they let him off???

As for who the threats are against. I have never spoken to these people and do not know them. We have this info due to official sources and would not release names. However, from the charges and transcripts, it was NOT pretty and VERY scary. And Scott is a VERY scary and angry person. Death was threatend if that gives you chills for the morning.

As was stated before, there were no outward signs of violence at the scene. Numerous people were there, LE, the coroner, and EMT personnel, and no one saw anything out of the ordinary. Only after the autopsy at Scottsbluff to determine cause of death, did they know it was a homicide. The body was then sent to the state for further autopsy. If the blow that killed her was to the back of the head, which could mean she was trying to get away, the facial area might not have even been touched so nothing would show at the time.
Just my opinion on why the casket was closed. She had been through two autopsies examining the head and brain area, so along with post mortem bruising, that could explain that. LE has been beat up repeatedly on here for some unfortunate mistakes, and I'm sure they beat themselves up over it after the fact. There is nothing that can be done about that but carry on with what we have and throw out theories and suggestions to try and make up for it.
As far as the sheet washing, the general consensus is body fluid. If it had been blood, someone out of all those people present would have noticed I'm sure. You and everyone else hasn't a clue why they would want to wash and keep them. What else was done by "Friends" at the scene still remains a mystery. If we knew what else was cleaned up, straightened up, or even removed, that would be a highly helpful.
Hope this helps bring you up to speed without having to try and decifer all the posts.

The closed casket may have been her choice. I know I have repeatedly told my family, regardless of how I die, I want a closed casket. No one knows for sure but her family. As far as LE goes, they did make mistakes but I don't think they made them because they were stupid. I believe the scene was cleaned up and I believe Scott probably led them to the belief that it was a drug overdose. Had this police department had more experience in homicides they may have picked up on something but to them nothing looked out of the ordinary. I honestly do not think they will make those same mistakes again. And as soon as they realized what they were dealing with they called in reinforcements. So even though we can wish things had been handled differently, I believe they did the best they could. Hopefully, justice can still be served.

maybe they used the sheets to transport her IF she was not killed in the home ....

The closed casket may have been her choice. I know I have repeatedly told my family, regardless of how I die, I want a closed casket. No one knows for sure but her family. As far as LE goes, they did make mistakes but I don't think they made them because they were stupid. I believe the scene was cleaned up and I believe Scott probably led them to the belief that it was a drug overdose. Had this police department had more experience in homicides they may have picked up on something but to them nothing looked out of the ordinary. I honestly do not think they will make those same mistakes again. And as soon as they realized what they were dealing with they called in reinforcements. So even though we can wish things had been handled differently, I believe they did the best they could. Hopefully, justice can still be served.

I agree with all the statements regarding LE. I don't think anyone did anything of a malicious nature. I also believe the body was cleaned up etc etc.. As I have stated before an experienced felon duped the small town sheriff. I don't hold any ill will toward the Sheriff, I am sure they feel awful about what happend and it most likely did look like an OD. See the earlier post on bruising.

I will find out about the closed casket being Corries choice. But I don't think that was the case. I know there was a private viewing for family before hand. And it has been awhile but I do not think she was in great shape.

maybe they used the sheets to transport her IF she was not killed in the home ....

That is a really good thought Jenny!! :)I really believe she was beat to death in the home. But I guess only LE is the one who knows this. And I think it was bodily fluid and or vomit they were talking about as for what soiled the sheets.

do you really think it is just one person (scott)?? i believe several helped in the coverup - not necessarily the beating but you never know......

This is one of the saddest cases I have ever read about. It is obvious who commited the murder. What is sad to me (besides the death of this young woman) is the LE involved. Clearly the FOS officers were being told of her "drug" history. So they wander in, she is all tucked in pretty, no blood, no ruckus... so is the LE involved inexperienced? I mean no offense to them or anyone reading this, it just frustrates me beyond all belief that cases like this, that are so completely obvious, remain "unsolved".

No it was not by her choice, it had something to do with the condition of her body that the family decided to have a close casket because they originally set up a public viewing at the funeral home, but then later cancelled that after the autopsy.

do you really think it is just one person (scott)?? i believe several helped in the coverup - not necessarily the beating but you never know......

Oh yes, I believe without a doubt SP has help in this matter. Now whether he admitting his wrong doing or is claiming it was an accident etc.. to the people involved, I am unsure of this. However, I believe the beating was done individually.

No it was not by her choice, it had something to do with the condition of her body that the family decided to have a close casket because they originally set up a public viewing at the funeral home, but then later cancelled that after the autopsy.

Thank you for that information, I must have missed that post.

Does anyone know:

How many doors to the house and did they have other locks such as a deadbolt or chain?

If there were deadbolts was a key required to unlock them or could they only be locked/unlocked from the inside?

Was there any mention if any windows were open?
Were they usually open at night or was the house normally closed up? (such as to run the a/c or heater)
(Note: on Sept 20 the low in Grant, NE was appx 53.4; the high on the 19th was appx 82.4)

Weather for Sept 20
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KNEELSIE2&day=20&year=2008&month=9

Weather for Sept 19
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KNEELSIE2&day=19&year=2008&month=9

Does anyone know:

How many doors to the house and did they have other locks such as a deadbolt or chain?

If there were deadbolts was a key required to unlock them or could they only be locked/unlocked from the inside?

Was there any mention if any windows were open?
Were they usually open at night or was the house normally closed up? (such as to run the a/c or heater)
(Note: on Sept 20 the low in Grant, NE was appx 53.4; the high on the 19th was appx 82.4)

Weather for Sept 20
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KNEELSIE2&day=20&year=2008&month=9

Weather for Sept 19
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KNEELSIE2&day=19&year=2008&month=9

I have wondered the same things Maconrich. I am still really confused as to how Scott was locked out of the house the previous night but gained entry so easily the following morning unless Corrie opened the door for him some time during the night. Then surely that puts him and only him in the house at the time of her death:confused:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back