NE NE - Tyler Goodrich, 35, left his house to go on a run, Lincoln, 3 Nov 2023

I’ve just google mapped the location where he was last seen on W Burnham St in Lincoln, NE, and I’m actually surprised at how rural it is there. I was expecting a small city, definitely a more urban landscape, but it’s really rural, with wide open spaces between properties set down long driveways.

It’s made me think about that call to LE about a ‘disturbance’. Who made that call? Someone in the home seems most logical. But if was a neighbour, would have been quite loud to be heard so far away.

I wonder who made the initial 911 call? Tyler? His husband? Someone else (either in the house or nearby)?

Looking at maps in the area mentioned in the news report (Yankee Hill area), it looks like there are wooded & farm areas nearby. What is the leaf situation right now in NE? How cold is the weather at night?

MOO.

1699400754481.png

I wonder who made the initial 911 call? Tyler? His husband? Someone else (either in the house or nearby)?

Looking at maps in the area mentioned in the news report (Yankee Hill area), it looks like there are wooded & farm areas nearby. What is the leaf situation right now in NE? How cold is the weather at night?

MOO.

View attachment 458972

Per the first LSO news conference, I thought he said the husband made the initial call.

So who saw him around SW 12th and Burnham Streets? That was the last sighting. Is that what the husband is saying where he last saw him? He lives in Burnham Street, so he didn't get too far.
Perhaps the boyfriend ran out of the house after him to see where he went?

Although if he was scared and police were called, surely staying inside the house would have been better.

It must've been dark at 19.45h, and there don't seem to be many streetlights around. It looks very rural. Even on street view you can't see too many houses. Very spread out.

This news story has letters from the lawyer Tyler's husband retained. One letter explains that the lawyer instructed police not to interview his client again, as he'd already consented to two searches of their home and was interviewed twice. Lawyer says police report of husband withdrawing his cooperation is not true.

There's mention of a search being made of the home of a family member of the husband's, which seems interesting.

hmmm ... following and hoping Tyler will soon be found safe, well and warm - with a reasonable explanation as to his whereabouts since Friday evening. Having said that ... I feel major concern for him and for his loved ones. Moo

For some reason, I thought the call the day after the argument was the next morning (so about 12 hours after the initial argument/call).

This article says the call was the following night, so 24+ hours after the initial call.

"Deputies were initially called to the home Goodrich and Vogel share on Friday at 7:45 p.m. after the two reportedly got into an argument. However, Goodrich had already left by the time deputies arrived and since no criminal activity was found, they left the area.

Vogel then called the sheriff’s office at 9:35 p.m. the following day to report Goodrich as missing."

This news story has letters from the lawyer Tyler's husband retained. One letter explains that the lawyer instructed police not to interview his client again, as he'd already consented to two searches of their home and was interviewed twice. Lawyer says police report of husband withdrawing his cooperation is not true.

There's mention of a search being made of the home of a family member of the husband's, which seems interesting.

This article is behind a paywall for me. Did it say which relative of the husband's or give any other details?

How soon does MSM usually get a copy of search warrants, in general?

Chief Deputy Ben Houchin said 35-year-old Tyler Goodrich was last seen around 7:45 p.m. Friday at his home near Southwest 12th and Burnham streets.
BBM
So who saw him around SW 12th and Burnham Streets? That was the last sighting. Is that what the husband is saying where he last saw him? He lives in Burnham Street, so he didn't get too far.
I think the SW 12th and Burnham St location is coming from the husband simply as an approximation of their address.

In the latest LSO press conference they clarify that the broader area of SW 13th & W. Van Dorn (which was referenced as the last phone ping location on missing posters) was not actually identified through phone ping, but associated with a post on Snapchat. I have always been under the impression that, depending on your settings, Snapchat can periodically update your location when the app is loaded, so it unclear to me if they mean a post was sent to someone or if they got it through this "background refreshing" which displays your approx. location on a map to friends. Though they say "post", maybe this is just the simplest way to communicate their point? I would think there would be a more specific time linked to the general location if it were a sent post because Snapchat pictures are timestamped.
They reemphasized LSO's info is Tyler phone's being last active at 7:41 pm at the residence. I wonder if the children were home at the time of the verbal altercation?
Facebook - LSO Nov. 7
(Let me know if there is something wrong with my posting etiquette, I have no clue what I am doing!)

This article references children, specifically taking children's laptops as evidence and interviewing the children. I'm very curious when the children last saw Tyler.

For those of you leaning towards foul play, do you think that Tyler returned home or was picked up by someone after his phone stopped pinging on Friday? If the police were called at the time of the argument, it sounds like they arrived too quickly for Tyler to be harmed and hidden, especially with children home. But there are so few details in this case so far that it's hard to tell.

This article references children, specifically taking children's laptops as evidence and interviewing the children. I'm very curious when the children last saw Tyler.

For those of you leaning towards foul play, do you think that Tyler returned home or was picked up by someone after his phone stopped pinging on Friday? If the police were called at the time of the argument, it sounds like they arrived too quickly for Tyler to be harmed and hidden, especially with children home. But there are so few details in this case so far that it's hard to tell.
I am hoping the Sheriff is over-reacting and Tyler is safe. Sheriffs are, after all, elected politicians. I think--I hope--is that Tyler is mad at his husband, but he is safe.

Another very real tragedy of this case is that too much emphasis has been placed on the fact that it involves gay marriage, and this couple has children. Very misplaced public and media reaction.

JMO

For some reason, I thought the call the day after the argument was the next morning (so about 12 hours after the initial argument/call).

This article says the call was the following night, so 24+ hours after the initial call.

"Deputies were initially called to the home Goodrich and Vogel share on Friday at 7:45 p.m. after the two reportedly got into an argument. However, Goodrich had already left by the time deputies arrived and since no criminal activity was found, they left the area.

Vogel then called the sheriff’s office at 9:35 p.m. the following day to report Goodrich as missing."

In the first LSO press conference, his first reference to 9:35, he didn't state AM or PM, but the next time he referenced it, he said AM. So I'm assuming it was the morning. It seems the Facebook stuff started well before 9:30pm, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back