New Developments and General Discussion, 08/10/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very close relative and state prosecutor has stated to me that if he did claim she died as a result of the accident, he concealed the accident and then removed and hid her body...the charges would be: Involuntary manslaughter, felony leaving the scene, tampering with physical evidence, tampering with the corpse and abandonment of the corpse.

He just now text'd this information to me.

A very close relative and state prosecutor has stated to me that if he did claim she died as a result of the accident, he concealed the accident and then removed and hid her body...the charges would be: Involuntary manslaughter, felony leaving the scene, tampering with physical evidence, tampering with the corpse and abandonment of the corpse.

He just now text'd this information to me.

But- he is charged with aggravated kidnapping and first-degree murder. The charges are not going to change based on BL's excuses.

Assuming he told where Mickey could be found...I don't believe he would have done this unless he was guaranteed LWOP. His attorney would probably have advised him not to talk at all until he had that in place; No attorney is going to advise him to tell where the body is and then hope they will believe some half-cocked story.

Yes, but we do not know what type of deal they worked out. I have seen cases where a killer led police to a body just so they could be housed in a prison closer to home.

All sorts of things are possible. It all depends on what he feels is worth giving it up for.

LE already obtained the indictments on the higher (highest) charges, which tells me they have evidence to prove those charges. An accident is not going to fly. JMO of course, but the charges won't be downgraded based on some excuse from BL.

But- he is charged with aggravated kidnapping and first-degree murder. The charges are not going to change based on BL's excuses.

Yes, but that does not mean he will plead guilty to those charges even with a confession.

If I brutally raped, killed someone and buried their body but thought I could prove otherwise, I may confess to killing that person but would say it was an accident. Don't they pretty much always try to say it was an accident?

I would say...here is her body but it was an accident. You might be charging me with first degree murder but it was just an accident. Then I guess you would go to trial and try to prove it was an accident and fight the first degree murder charge.

If there was enough decomposition, there may not be any DNA and it may be difficult to determine how she died.

I wasn't sure where to post this, so the place is here I suppose. I joined WS b/c of Mickey. I just wanted to say that what her family is doing by taking down the missing posters and replacing them w/ purple ribbons, flowers, and pictures is great in many ways. What a tragedy, what a strong family, and what a powerful impact Mickey had on so many of us. It is horrible that it turned out this way, but we know she was a fighter---she was the reason BSL was finally caught, and she will forever have an impact on me and many people (here at WS and across the nation). RIP Mickey!!!

LE already obtained the indictments on the higher (highest) charges, which tells me they have evidence to prove those charges. An accident is not going to fly. JMO of course, but the charges won't be downgraded based on some excuse from BL.

You and I agree completely on the fact that what he did was awful and not an accident and we both know that police have evidence that must strongly support a first degree murder charge.

But look how often a jury finds a person innocent or ends in a mistrial.

I hope that he confessed to what really happened and has accepted his fate but not a single cell in my body believes he will take any responsibility for the truth.

If it were me and I was facing first degree murder charges in two cases, I think I would take my chance on a jury finding me guilty on a lesser charge.

Based on what we know of his past, he seems to believe he can outsmart the system and con those he comes into contact with. Even after failing he keeps trying.

Just my opinion of course.

As much as I hate to say this, it has been my experience in the past that trying a case in Louisiana can be as unusual as the prison policies. I do believe that BSL will be found guilty and sentenced to life-- if no more bodies are found. However, just like an LSU game -- I do believe anything is possible. :)

You and I agree completely on the fact that what he did was awful and not an accident and we both know that police have evidence that must strongly support a first degree murder charge.

But look how often a jury finds a person innocent or ends in a mistrial.

I hope that he confessed to what really happened and has accepted his fate but not a single cell in my body believes he will take any responsibility for the truth.

I don't think there would be a deal, unless he pleads to murder. LE was prepared to go to trial without finding Mickey; I do not believe they would give him a deal with something like involuntary manslaughter, of all things, in order to retrieve her body. And they also have evidence he murdered Lisa.

I guess we will have to wait and see. But if they allowed any kind of plea that does not include LWOP, I will be shocked and I think LA will be outraged.

I don't think there would be a deal, unless he pleads to murder. LE was prepared to go to trial without finding Mickey; I do not believe they would give him a deal with something like involuntary manslaughter, of all things, in order to retrieve her body. And they also have evidence he murdered Lisa.

I guess we will have to wait and see. But if they allowed any kind of plea that does not include LWOP, I will be shocked and I think LA will be outraged.

In my opinion, I don't think there was a plea deal at all. I think it will end up going to trial with him admitting he killed her but fighting the first degree murder charges. This would not be unusual.

I can see him saying that here is the body so you can prove that she died as a result of the accident and I buried her in a cemetary because it seemed like the next right thing to do.

I truly hope I am wrong!!

In my opinion, I don't think there was a plea deal at all. I think it will end up going to trial with him admitting he killed her but fighting the first degree murder charges. This would not be unusual.

I can see him saying that here is the body so you can prove that she died as a result of the accident and I buried her in a cemetary because it seemed like the next right thing to do.

I truly hope I am wrong!!

If so, it would still be a trial for the murder of two women; doubt he can claim accident in both cases. Anyway, I just don't see his lawyer letting it get to the stage of showing where Mickey is, without some guarantee. As much as we'd like to think so, defense attorneys hearts are not with the victim. He/she would need to have their client protected. Taking a huge risk, if he intends to go to court on two murder charges, IMO, and claim the second one was an "oops".

The only reason I am even bringing up this theory over Brandon potentially confessing to it being an accident is because I am hearing it everywhere. On this forum and locally.

I am not saying there is any truth in it at all. But if it is the case, those are my thoughts.

The only reason I am even bringing up this theory over Brandon potentially confessing to it being an accident is because I am hearing it everywhere. On this forum and locally.

I am not saying there is any truth in it at all. But if it is the case, those are my thoughts.

I can fully see him saying that...just not getting a deal for it. JMO

If so, it would still be a trial for the murder of two women; doubt he can claim accident in both cases. Anyway, I just don't see his lawyer letting it get to the stage of showing where Mickey is, without some guarantee. As much as we'd like to think so, defense attorneys hearts are not with the victim. He/she would need to have their client protected. Taking a huge risk, if he intends to go to court on two murder charges, IMO, and claim the second one was an "oops".

I think you are right but I have seen it happen. And ultimately, it is up to Brandon. An attorney can advice you but they cannot make the decision for you. I can honestly see him thinking he is smarter than an attorney!

Ted Bundy defended himself! Some of these killers can be very arrogant.

I can fully see him saying that...just not getting a deal for it. JMO

I don't think he will get a deal for it either.

For some reason I can just picture him sitting there with a smirk thinking that he will somehow charm the jury into thinking he is the victim or at least to feel sorry enough for him that they go a little easy on him. That is what it seems he did in his prior conviction.

I hope the state has enough evidence on him that he is quivering in his bed at night and praying to the Lord for forgiveness.

I don't think his accident excuse will hold much water, once (and I'm sure it will) the forensics show that he sexually assaulted and/or raped her. He has to know that.

MOO

I don't think he will get a deal for it either.

For some reason I can just picture him sitting there with a smirk thinking that he will somehow charm the jury into thinking he is the victim or at least to feel sorry enough for him that . That is what it seems he did in his prior conviction.

I hope the state has enough evidence on him that he is quivering in his bed at night and praying to the Lord for forgiveness.

He didn't have the ba**s to go to trial on the prior count.

He didn't have the ba**s to go to trial on the prior count.

That is the reason IMO he won't go to court for MS and LP either...
I would say what I really think about him but...:snooty:
:shush:
TOS and all!:nono:
:pcguru: I like it here!:silenced:
:sigh:

Have a nice "LIFE" BSL...:jail:
:truce:

and as always he is innocent until proven guilty!
(or he confesses!)

I don't think his accident excuse will hold much water, once (and I'm sure it will) the forensics show that he sexually assaulted and/or raped her. He has to know that.

MOO

Hopefully that is just what forensics will show but being that a sexual assault would cause soft tissue damage, it is likely that decomposition will not allow for a determination.

Let's hope some DNA has survived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members