New England, ME, VT, NH, MA, RI, CT - Weather Discussion

Well it's snowing now. How much are you guys supposed to get up north? We have about 6/7" on the ground now, and we are supposed to get 4-6 more today.

I have a bad tooth I gotta see the dentist for today, but even though im a complete dental baby it's gonna take a blizzard to keep me from the appointment lol. I want it out before Xmas so I can celebrate next week. :D

NYC, Philly, and Atlantic City among major Northeast cities breaking high temperature records

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/2...y-among-major-northeast-cities-breaking-high/

TRENTON, N.J. – Philadelphia, New York and Atlantic City, N.J., are among the major Northeast cities that continue to break temperature records during a brief December heat wave.

The National Weather Service says New York hit 71 degrees on Sunday. That tops the previous mark of 63 degrees set in 1998......more.......

Thousands in Maine still lack power, a week after ice storm

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...e-ice-storm/SolcFcZz4tC906o3fQdOvN/story.html

Thousands of Maine residents who endured Christmas week without power could remain in the dark into the middle of next week or even longer if more snow and ice hit the state Sunday night.......

But farther up the coast and inland, officials called the damage caused by ice-laden trees crashing on power lines or obstructing repairs the worst in a decade and a half. More than 5,000 of a peak 40,000 blacked-out homes and businesses remained without power Friday evening, and many of those will have to wait at least until Jan. 1. If the region gets hit with more snow and ice Sunday night, as feared, they could wait longer, a Bangor Hydro Electric Co. spokeswoman said......more......

I watched that video..amazing nobody was hurt. We are caked in ice and wet snow that got just enough sun to melt what was stuck over the ice into further crustiness. Big nor'easter on way for thurs and deep freeze hitting again tonight. Ne's bring nasty wind, they'll be back to square one again with outages. BEAUTIFUL TO LOOK AT THOUGH!

Aaannnddd - Here comes Hercules. Prayers that all are safe, sound, and WITH POWER. Our DS's school has already cancelled for tomorrow. Geez, I HATE winters here (I am from CA and have only been here three years)!!!!

Niagara Falls, NY. was frozen yesterday. Canadian side of the falls still running.

Amid the frigid temperatures brought on by the polar vortex, parts of Niagara Falls came to a standstill this week as the waters literally froze in place as they fell.
Niagara Falls resident Tim Williams took these photos on Wednesday at around 7 p.m. from the Canadian side of the Falls, overlooking the American side.

image.jpg

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/images-capture-moments-niagara-falls-froze-over-1.1630526#ixzz2px7HQGuW

Winter storm set to 'go bananas' across Northeast

By Erik Ortiz and Henry Austin, NBC News

A wintry double whammy is descending on the Northeast on Tuesday, bringing as much as a foot of snow and another blast of arctic air.

The latest blow to a weather-beaten region promises to snarl airports and interstates, has closed schools and shuttered much of the nation's capital. Initially forecast to be a modest blurt of cold weather, the system is now packing a real punch...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...storm-set-to-go-bananas-across-northeast?lite

We got about 4" of snow in CT, but the FRIGID cold is the WORST of it, and it looks to be frigid through next week...CANNOT wait for temps in the 40's lol (although I would prefer 80's :) ).

Me and DS have been laughing all morning. Snow was predicted for today (1-6"), and got the school message at 5:30 that they would be closed (the National Weather Service DOES have a winter storm warning...for TOMORROW night into Wed.). Yet last week (and other previous snow events) I have had to drive DS to school in 2" of unplowed snow.

School starts at 7:30...It didn't START snowing until about 9:30 lol. Betcha that on Wed., when school SHOULD be cancelled, the superintendent will hold off ;) because he jumped the gun this morning...

They have named the storm coming at us late tonight/tomorrow - Nika. We got about 3-1/2" yesterday, and they are predicting 6-10" with this storm. It is supposed to be the nasty wet stuff.

Everyone in NE - Stay warm and safe....

Oh great. :eek:hoh:

Was surprised by the 3 inches yesterday middle of the day. NOT ready for any more. Over it! Sooo over it lol. Better not be snowing when I get out if class at 930 tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I am from CA, mid-desert - and we used to PRAY for snow...now, after three winters in CT, I can honestly say - I HATE SNOW!!!!! I want a heat wave, I mean 100-110 degrees! I mean 10-20-30 days in a row! Where I am from, it is a dry heat, damn I WANT THAT :( It may cost me my marriage, lol.

CT is getting hit with a lot of snow this morning---a fast moving storm.

It's all rain for South Jersey right now.

Woke up to a about a foot of fresh snow.
The plow came through my street at 5 AM.
Now it looks like he wasn't even here. Now comes the sleet and ice.

:tantrum:

That should be fun. :truce:

It's only 8:15 AM, cooking up a storm in case electric goes out,
I've got the heat cranked up too, oven is on.

As I type, plow came through again, leaving high banks along the road.
I'll have to dig my car out. :truce:

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Snow has really picked up over the last three hours. It's practically a white out here at the moment, it's pretty heavy. We are supposed to turn to a mix or sleet sometime this afternoon - which should make for a mess once night comes and it freezes. :eek:hoh:

Plow finally went by - usually they don't come up to my house so early..they will only plow as far as the hospital ER entrance about 800 ft up from my house :furious: but today they got around to it early, which is good, since all four kids are home today and I am running low on cigarettes and wine so I will need to get to the store and stock up soon haha. :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back