New FL Law Took Affect 1/1/09 Jurors Will Now Be Permitted To Ask Witnesses Question.

I think this is a great idea. I'm sure there are endless questions that will be asked of the Ants but I agree with everyone else...Casey will not take the stand. Too bad though...she has a lot to answer for.

I think it's great - more power to the people.

I can't verify this, so I hope someone can, but I was told that back in the day, jury instructions USED to contain information telling the jury they also had a right to change the law or deem the law unfit if they agreed.

So, they did not have to follow the letter of the law if they agreed 100% that the law was not valid or fitting at the time.

Since the ultimate burden for the decision lies with the jury, they darn well should have all their questions answered.

Welcome Dan!

Your humor will fit in well here...

TYVM:blowkiss:

Thanks, Dan~ I think it must be because you are a midwestern fella. ;)

Welcome to you, too, Robyn! ;)

Should I take shelter? :bang: who is Susan Moss?

no report for 31 days - make sure she pays

No, but you will have to clear your schedule & catch a few Nancy Grace shows......SM is an atty who appears on there regularly.

Welcome to WB's........nice rhymes

Questions from th jury huh.....well when the trial starts why don't we start a thread of question we would ask if we were on the jury - ONLY keeping in line with the witnesses on the stand on the time, - we can see if the jury is thinking the same thing

Maybe the court will take web questions! LOL Now wouldn't that be a sight!

Thanks, SeriouslySearching. I've been lurking for a few weeks. It took me awhile to realize I needed my ISP email in order to register. :)

Isn't this going to slow the trial down considerably? While I can see how it would be helpful to the jury, it does mean that they will have to go into chambers and go over the questions for objections, duplications, etc. Correct? This could be worse than trying to get a question asked and answered on NG! LOL

Wow!!! Wow!!! Wow!!! This thread shocked me!!! But i never have been more happy than i am now reading this. Talk about perfect timing!? I guess its true, someone here said; "caylee, you have impeccable timing." i dear say, i do agree.

I live in Wisconsin, and when I served as a juror the first time, we were allowed to ask questions. Some of us did. I honestly don't remember if I did, but most likely not. I was only 22 at the time and already in a lot of awe of the whole process. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back