New Osama Bin Tape

BillyGoatGruff said:
Actually, civilians in Florida using something along the line of a baby monitor accidentally overhead a politican taking a bribe while talking on his cell phone in his car a couple of years back, so I know you can do it. It's just a question of knowing the proper frequencies. Which is one reason I disabled the wireless router for my computer. Lot of hitch-hikers out there.
There are specific frequencies that devices are designed to operate on. The most likely explanation is that the baby monitor receiver was inadvertently receiving signals outside of its assigned operating bandwidth; poor design, or malfunction is the most likely culprit. That's just like some of the older TV's would receive radio transmissions, until an additional filter was added to the TV to block those signals. Operating frequencies, for specific types of transmissions, are assigned by the FCC.

calus_3 said:
Maura,

AMEN to everything you said.

Be careful what you listen to and read in the mainstream media. The people's calls that were listened to were placed to/from known terrorist in other countries. This wasn't the government listening to aunt Betsy telling cousin Maybel her secret recipe for tuna suprizers!

Like I said, this has been going on for years throughout administrations and only now did the Democrats expose the program (at the cost of significant national security) but decide to cry foul. This is going to cost the Democrats come mid-term elections because the majority of America knows what they are doing.

Cal

If other administrations have done what Bush did, it doesn't make it any less wrong or any less illegal. And I have yet to see any proof of that. All of the claims by the RW media that Clinton and Carter did the same thing have already been debunked.
Bush had legal options through FISA but he didn't use them. The simple fact is that Bush broke the law and he should be held accountable.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Actually, depending on the frequencies use, you can use baby monitors, etc. to scan for cell phone signals. The purpose for these types of phones seem to be detonating devices, at least in regard to terrorists, as you can purchase them with cash and not show any ID. It's been suggested that the London bombers possibly were unaware that the bombs were going to be detonated while they were still in the vicinity as well.
It turns out that some baby monitors, and some cell phones use the same transmitting frequency, 900MHZ, so a 900MHZ cell phone used in the same house, would probably be received on a baby monitor receiver operating at 900MHZ. Newer cell phones are using 2.4GHZ.

FCC regulations strictly dictate the transmitter frequency and power allowed for different devices, but these regulations get abused occasionally by ham operators, and also CBers, and probably a few others.

Maral said:
If other administrations have done what Bush did, it doesn't make it any less wrong or any less illegal. And I have yet to see any proof of that. All of the claims by the RW media that Clinton and Carter did the same thing have already been debunked.
Bush had legal options through FISA but he didn't use them. The simple fact is that Bush broke the law and he should be held accountable.

I agree.

WE have a thread on this in the PP, and I think I posted some articles on this subject; what other Presidents did was not the same at all.

Buzzm1 said:
It turns out that some baby monitors, and some cell phones use the same transmitting frequency, 900MHZ, so a 900MHZ cell phone used in the same house, would probably be received on a baby monitor receiver operating at 900MHZ. Newer cell phones are using 2.4GHZ.

FCC regulations strictly dictate the transmitter frequency and power allowed for different devices, but these regulations get abused occasionally by ham operators, and also CBers, and probably a few others.

OT, but i use to hear our next door neighbor, talking on her phone, through our baby monitor, all the time....it was weird...couldn't hear the person she was talking too, but could hear her loud & clear....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back