GUILTY New Zealand - Blesilda 'Blessie' Gotingco, 56, Auckland, 24 May 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<anxiously awaiting to see whom they arrested! That was quick. Hopefully they have the right person! Was there some incriminating evidence at the cemetery which led them to their suspect, or would the arrest still have occurred even if the body was not found? In other words, were they pursuing this angle beforehand?>

Thank goodness! A sloppy abduction if there ever was one ... screams, phone left on public verge, shoes left in disarray, noisy car, plastic lunch containers lying around ... I am so glad that a quick arrest has been made.

Now ... who is this creep?! :mad:

Thank goodness! A sloppy abduction if there ever was one ... screams, phone left on public verge, shoes left in disarray, noisy car, plastic lunch containers lying around ... I am so glad that a quick arrest has been made.

Now ... who is this creep?! :mad:

I don't want to get my hopes up that this is the right suspect yet. I've seen in cases where they arrest someone, then let them go due to lack of evidence. Hope they got their person!!!! LE has really been on this, so I'm optimistic!! jmo

<I'm wondering if surveillance cameras near the cemetery captured something?>

Blessie's case seems to have really touched a lot of people. The whole country!! See comments on fb. Blessie seems to have been a really wonderful person who was loved by many. Over 3000 likes in just a couple days.

https://www.facebook.com/helpfindblessie

Good thinking - some cemeteries do have CCTV due to vandalism. Maybe they have a view of a vehicle there.

There were also reports of other screams that night. I wonder if they came from that vicinity, and someone looked and saw a vehicle but did not investigate further .. thinking it was just kids maybe.

Meanwhile, police are currently searching a North Shore property not far from where Mrs Gotingco disappeared.

Several officers can be seen in white protective clothing searching a property in Birkdale.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11262255

cassinosearch.jpg

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/10086661/Body-found-in-Blesilda-Gotingco-search

Crime scene expands in Blessie search
JOSH FAGAN

"Police looking for missing Auckland woman Blesilda "Blessie" Gotingco are searching a North Shore house as an arrest is reportedly made in the case.

Officers in full body hazard suits were searching a Birkenhead apartment complex, nearby to the cemetery where police this morning found what was believed to be a body.

An officer confirmed they had issued a search warrant but could not elaborate. Media reports said an arrest had been made but that could not be confirmed.

A resident said the officers had been there since 9am and said they had been searching through rubbish bins.

Most of the six officers still at the street are dressed in body suits and have taken photos inside and outside the property."

Man charged with murder of missing Auckland woman

"A 27-year-old man has been charged with the murder of Auckland woman Blessie Gotingco after a woman's body was found in an Auckland cemetery.

He is expected to appear in the North Shore District Court either late this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

Police have also confirmed the body of a woman has been found in a bush area of the Eskdale Cemetery.

The body will be formally identified this evening, but police do believe it is that of Blessie."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11262255

@AnnaLeask Police reporter at NZ Herald
Anna Leask &#8207;@AnnaLeask 12m
BLESSIE - man charged with murder. Due to appear in court this afternoon. Gotingco family devastated and asking for privacy... more soon.

Seeing on fb a discussion about possible "name suppression" in NZ? (googling)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deej0201
Back