GUILTY NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 #3

He has another trial pending if I remember correctly, so I think his identity is still suppressed to protect the integrity of that case
It's only suppressed in New Zealand, his name, and photo have been published in the UK, as well as in Swedish newspapers.

It's only suppressed in New Zealand, his name, and photo have been published in the UK, as well as in Swedish newspapers.
Yes, we know it's been published by the Daily Mail. An unscrupulous rag.

He should not be named until his other trial has concluded. Naming him publicly could give him an excuse to claim that he cannot have a fair trial. I'm sure nobody wants to see that happen.

Well-known businessman Leo Molloy said the man who killed British backpacker Grace Millane has "no rights" and shouldn't be protected.
Molloy, who owns HeadQuarters bar on Auckland's Viaduct, admitted breaching the suppression order and is set to be sentenced at the Auckland District Court this week.

The killer, whose identity is suppressed until a further order of the court, was found guilty of murdering Ms Millane in December 2019 after a trial in the Auckland High Court.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/grace-millane-suppression-breach-argues-killer-should-not-be-protected/99f36d53-45df-4556-ba44-2bcd03ac9efa

Well-known businessman Leo Molloy said the man who killed British backpacker Grace Millane has "no rights" and shouldn't be protected.
Molloy, who owns HeadQuarters bar on Auckland's Viaduct, admitted breaching the suppression order and is set to be sentenced at the Auckland District Court this week.

The killer, whose identity is suppressed until a further order of the court, was found guilty of murdering Ms Millane in December 2019 after a trial in the Auckland High Court.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/grace-millane-suppression-breach-argues-killer-should-not-be-protected/99f36d53-45df-4556-ba44-2bcd03ac9efa
Yeah Leo Molloy is not the nicest guy in the world - do some googling on him and it will become clear. While I agree with the sentiment, the fact is that the suppression order is in place for a reason and breaching it could only serve to jeopardise the trials of other victims of Grace’s killer. So Molloy may sound righteous but in my opinion he’s a big-mouthed word-I-won’t-say-on-here-because-I-don’t-want-to-get-banned

Long time lurker, first post. He's due to be named tomorrow, unless he files *another* appeal, which he can technically do before 11am tomorrow fingers crossed he doesn't though. I can't wait for the truth to come out. I hope the reason for suppression is made known too, since it's now no longer the reason... I'll leave it there.

Grace Millane's killer loses eleventh-hour bid to keep his name a secret

Last edited:
OK. I see. The Court of Appeal is delivering its judgement tomorrow and has also ruled that interim name suppression ends at the same time.

Whats been happening?

Has the other proceeding finished?

I saw something on a thread on reddit/newzealand that suggests it has. Sorry for being a bit cryptic - I'm not sure where the details sit in relation to the suppression order, so I second guessed sharing what I was going to share.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back