GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember last night, one of the article authors wrote that he would update with a tighter timeline and further info. that hasn't been released. I can't find where I read that to be able to look for a newer article. Anyone else read that last night that may have a link? Thanks, waiting for some good news :(

Carroll County officials made an unusual move Thursday, Chandler said, by changing policy and allowing county employees to donate their vacation and sick time to Zanya Hernandez, who has been given leave during the crisis but cannot be paid by the county directly while she doesn't work.

Her co-workers at the home have donated enough of their sick time and vacation time to pay her salary for the foreseeable future, and Chandler sees that continuing.

Bless their hearts.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20131017/NEWS07/131019233/-1/news

Wow, these people are so kind and generous.

Do we have her last location? No. Do we have a suspect in relation to her case? No. But we have a long checklist of things to do, and we have made significant progress on that checklist, and we have gathered some significant information."

Ramsey said the investigation into social media has been a part of the investigation, but investigators have found little to help on that front.

"We have here a 15-year-old who had a very active presence on social media, and that activity has gone totally dark," he said.

I remember last night, one of the article authors wrote that he would update with a tighter timeline and further info. that hasn't been released. I can't find where I read that to be able to look for a newer article. Anyone else read that last night that may have a link? Thanks, waiting for some good news :(

I think it is article below...Unionleader

Hunters find a lot of remains...I think this is what nurse might be thinking...

yes... that and the fact that hunters have their eyes open looking for deer, turkeys, etc and could have spotted something suspicious going on, etc.

fwiw, I live in a heavily wooded area that butts up to state land and even though we have signs posted all along the edge of our property (no hunting; private property) we still get hunters that wander onto our land. In fact this morning I looked out the window to see a guy driving down my back lane and got out with his bow! (it is bow season here too right now) I had to yell out the window to tell the guy that he was on my property! When it is rifle season I wear blaze orange when I am working outside burning leaves, etc!!! (my point being that during hunting season people don't always hunt where they are 'supposed' to per se ;-)

oh and as for turkeys (slightly off topic): We have a little group of ten or so that walk by my bedroom window every morning.

While I am a frequent visitor to the area and know it very well, perhaps a tru local will override me. That being said, I don't think there's anything to the hunting theory because those two areas being discussed don't strike me as areas where hunting would be going on -- especially not the dirt path near school.

I agree, I grew up in NEPA (NE Pennsylvania) and lived in the woods around our little town year round. We even had a makeshift campsite set off one of the paths we used that nobody knew was there but us. Hunters never hunted close to our town. Basically we gave hunters no thought during any season.

Thought I'd share.

ETA... While I don't think they'd be the cause of her disappearance, I do think its possible for them to come across her in their travels.

I do not know for sure, but think the grid search, shoulder to shoulder, was given at 5 miles done, this was early in the pressers. Pudding Pond area, swamp, only 3 ft deep...I saw someone in a Canoe there, Grid search ...everywhere is just an impossibility. Think that grid may have been done over by school path, behind Walmart by that retention pond. Pudding pond area too.

Hollye, put up a bing map without all the orange dots....well, 3 dots...one for the school, one hor her home and one for Cranmore Mtn. Resort. ....and the hurricane Mtn rd. Let everyone see the dense forests, mountains and all.

I do not know for sure, but think the grid search, shoulder to shoulder, was given at 5 miles done, this was early in the pressers. Pudding Pond area, swamp, only 3 ft deep...I saw someone in a Canoe there, Grid search ...everywhere is just an impossibility. Think that grid may have been done over by school path, behind Walmart by that retention pond. Pudding pond area too.

Hollye, put up a bing map without all the orange dots....well, 3 dots...one for the school, one hor her home and one for Cranmore Mtn. Resort. ....and the hurricane Mtn rd. Let everyone see the dense forests, mountains and all.

did they do a grid search at cranmore mtn resort? if not, do you think that would be a difficult area to do one? I was also wondering if they have helicopters with the ability to detect body heat? would this still work if abby is deceased (i hate even writing that word)

Hi everyone! I tend to read a lot and post very little, but this case is really getting to me. I have a 15-year-old daughter myself and maybe that's why I can't stop going over the details of Abi's disappearance. A few of things nagging at me:

1) Why did Abi's mom call police so early in the evening and what made the authorities seem to jump right on it? In my town we seem to have teens go missing just about every week and while the local police are helpful they hardly call in the FBI or Secret Service as thankfully most of the kids turn up rather quickly. I mean, 7:17 is not an unreasonable time for a teen girl to not be home yet. I'm in constant contact with my daughter and if I hadn't heard from her by 7:17 I would be concerned, maybe even bordering on panicky, but still I don't think I would call police until a bit later in the evening. I'm not being critical or suspicious of the mom at all. I'm just wondering why the massive police response so early on.

2) Why was Abi walking home such a distance? Alone? I can see a girl her age wanting to walk home with friends, maybe stop for a coffee or to window shop, but if her destination was straight home I would think the bus would be faster. Makes me wonder what she walking to (meeting someone) or walking to avoid (problems on the bus?)

3) Can anyone tell me the criteria for the FBI offering a reward in these types of cases? How often is that done? Poor Brittney Wood can't even gather more than $1,500 in almost a year and a half, yet the FBI offers $20,000 in reward money after a week? Why? Is this unusual or not?
I hope some answers come poring in soon. This girl is obviously very loved and missed.

Wow that video is so beautifully well done, wonderful by LostNMissing!

Where is Hollye. I know she hates the bing maps, lol....need her to put up a bing map with just 4 orange dots......keep the wooded path yellow line down from school, remove orange dot that says pond (that is retention pond with stockade fence around it ). So you can see that dirt rd. Danak says track students practice over there.

Please then put an orange dot where Abby lives, put one more at Cranmore Mtn resort, and do a line along hurricane Mtn rd. God forsaken desolate rd over mountain to Maine.

Then people can expand and view this area.

Hi - that was my post. I quoted this article

I read a FB post by the author, he said he was printing another bigger more detailed article today, but as of yet I haven't seen it.

My wifi is acting up today, think maybe Wednesday80 is on top of the pole tinkering. -g

2) Why was Abi walking home such a distance? Alone? I can see a girl her age wanting to walk home with friends, maybe stop for a coffee or to window shop, but if her destination was straight home I would think the bus would be faster. Makes me wonder what she walking to (meeting someone) or walking to avoid (problems on the bus?)

On this point, I believe LE has stated that this was part of Abby's daily routine. She walked home, taking this route, daily. I agree it's a bit far, but then I remember my 3.8 mi walk (round trip) to school and back when I was in middle school. It's not all that common, but isn't unheard of, either.

Totally off topic, but how does one go about getting a new missing person posted here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74