GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your opinion is absolutely yours, but is far from what I see in my kids and their friend groups. I also recall being thrilled about my first job on a worker's permit (age 14) and it wasn't a fun one. It was wonderfully satisfying to go to work and make my own money at that age outside of babysitting jobs.

agree to disagree...you're unique in a very, very, very positive and wonderful way. not many are fortunate enough to have such a confident upbringing. i respect you wholeheartedly.

put yourself in the hernandez's shoes...there aren't many opportunities in that area (in my neck of the woods, babysitting makes far more money than housecleaning). her sister was a journalist, athlete, and all-around high school standout given the local papers' coverage of her community service. then comes abigail, starting a new school without the umbrella of safety she may have likely enjoyed from having an older sister around...spending the summer with her boyfriend...and his family who obviously adored her...

then there she was, alone, going off the beaten track from eagle's way into a powerline, zig zagging across the highway and never heard from again.

i'll say it once more...what are we missing folks???

I doubt it.... this was a relationship he and the student..... a very inappropriate relationship at that, but they never said in msm that there were other victims

They walk among us:

Associate Dean at UVA Faces Child *advertiser censored* Charges
Posted: Nov 07, 2013 2:28 PM CST Updated: Nov 07, 2013 4:08 PM CST

Michael Morris Michael Morris
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va (WVIR) -

An associate dean at the University of Virginia is now the prime suspect in a child *advertiser censored* case.

The FBI raided Michael G. Morris’ house in Crozet and now he is behind bars. Court documents say Morris logged onto a child *advertiser censored*-sharing site 192 times from January 3 of this year to October 28.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23908161/associate-dean-at-uva-faces-child-*advertiser censored*-charges

I think what ZH was stating was she was not ever a part of an organized sport outside of school, she was referring to the running club that her sister and ZH were in. She was in track at school. But I guess from recent retractions she wasnt running fall track? I wonder why?

I had done some research on this earlier, and located the Kennett high school girls cross country team roster, and also their fall race results and did not see Abby listed anywhere. I can't link to it, because its a list of minors. Track is not a fall sport, (at least in New Hampshire) the closest sport is cross country.
Now is she were involved in a running club that had scheduled runs, that I cannot speak to, but it wasn't the Kennett HS XC team.

Edit: Oops, see J Block pointed out my old post, I'm wildly trying to catch up, you guys are posting like crazy!

I couldn't find her name either for the highschool. I did find her sister. I was looking for an MS roster/report and decided it really didn't matter.

As far as having practice after school, rivernh posted this back on page 3.

" I managed to find Kennett High School's girl cross country team roster online. It wasn't that easy to do, but I managed to do it in a convoluted way. (It's out there online, but not really searchable) I don't want to post the link, for the privacy of the other girls on the team. Abigail was *not* on the roster. She is listed in the news as a track star, in NH, track is a spring sport. I didn't find any evidence she was on the cross country team this fall. "

Thank you. Personally, I would take any reference to her in the media as a track star with a grain of salt, since according to PK from White Mountain Milers that term isn't accurate, and may have originated from an incorrect news story's description of Abby:

http://www.bringabbyhome.com/abbys-story-covered-by-nancy-grace-clearing-up-some-facts/

There was also an article in the Conway Daily Sun about some errors in what has been reported in the media:

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/109886-grace-corrects-cheerleader-mistake

The bottom line is sometimes reporters get things wrong, or the people they interview get things wrong.

agree to disagree...you're unique in a very, very, very positive and wonderful way. not many are fortunate enough to have such a confident upbringing. i respect you wholeheartedly.

put yourself in the hernandez's shoes...there aren't many opportunities in that area (in my neck of the woods, babysitting makes far more money than housecleaning). her sister was a journalist, athlete, and all-around high school standout given the local papers' coverage of her community service. then comes abigail, starting a new school without the umbrella of safety she may have likely enjoyed from having an older sister around...spending the summer with her boyfriend...and his family who obviously adored her...

then there she was, alone, going off the beaten track from eagle's way into a powerline, zig zagging across the highway and never heard from again.

i'll say it once more...what are we missing folks???

THX WR!

I do believe there is something big to be said for possibly feeling 'in the shadow' of her sister. It goes with what I think we all believe and that is she went off with somebody she knew, somebody that made her feel good, safe, special. Though we seem to know or it appears her b/f and his family did that, teens don't always see it or they feel a need for more.

I still consider the possibility of bullying and the 200 possible scenarios that could run from that sort of a situation. I know it isn't out there in media that she was. We all know it can happen anytime and anywhere with not a soul other than the insiders in the school knowing. It is not easy to see and kids don't often snitch.

WR, I need to add. I was in the shadow of two all A students, huge athletes and I didn't do a think but a year of bad tennis. So job it was and I kicked some behind at it and had a wad of cash my busy siblings never could have come up with.

I am worried about Abby's friends and what they might be going through with gossip, questions and whispering.

A missing person affects everybody they know...the circle becomes ripples in the water.

MOO

I'm sure if it is anything like what my friends, me and my besties surviving sisters went through, they are worried, scared falling into gossip and rumors as fast as they are falling out of it...... all while trying to get back to normal while things are so not normal.... and with a giant emptiness in their lil circle of friends...and in their hearts. :(

I have thought from the beginning that she looks shy. Her photos aren't outrageous at all like other teen girls and her smile is always a little smile.

agree...

disagree...

with the amount of time her mother spent moving them within the same 5 miles, to rental properties, my guess is there is an above average resentment of money. either that or a propensity towards earning her own but i'm sticking with the former. the latter ironically JDC mentioned in one of his posts about how JDCjr enjoyed working to earn money for their date nights...driving a truck for his father's tow/refuse business. he's 14 btw. doesn't have a license. hm.

anyway, very few high school freshmen are overjoyed at the prospect of scrubbing toilets...no matter where they live nor under what circumstance determines family income...kwim?

BBM wonder why they moved so much?

I have thought from the beginning that she looks shy. Her photos aren't outrageous at all like other teen girls and her smile is always a little smile.

I have thought the same, she seems a lil on the quiet side, a modest young lady..... I think the same of her bf.... seems quiet and reserved and modest.... just kids being nice kids

Not to convolute or change direction, but there's been discussion of "how" she may have met "who". It seems that some feel that if it was a planned meet, she made arrangements through oral communication. One thing to consider, is its been stated she is a gamer. The most popular form of gaming, that would refer to the participant as a "gamer" is online play. This differs from the conventional term of "online". Most games played today are played in a form called "co-op". A form of game playing where dozens or even hundreds are online by using a console or in some cases a PC. These individuals are linked to a server and are playing as a team, or as teams playing in a vs. mode. They communicate verbally thru headsets. AFAIK, there's no direct link as who is speaking to who. Its like a chat room w/ no "paper trail" so to speak.

Not to convolute or change direction, but there's been discussion of "how" she may have met "who". It seems that some feel that if it was a planned meet, she made arrangements through oral communication. One thing to consider, is its been stated she is a gamer. The most popular form of gaming, that would refer to the participant as a "gamer" is online play. This differs from the conventional term of "online". Most games played today are played in a form called "co-op". A form of game playing where dozens or even hundreds are online by using a console or in some cases a PC. These individuals are linked to a server and are playing as a team, or as teams playing in a vs. mode. They communicate verbally thru headsets. AFAIK, there's no direct link as who is speaking to who. Its like a chat room w/ no "paper trail" so to speak.

good post. but according to her boyfriend's father, she spent the summer learning how to play video games and my guess is her mother didn't have xbox or other systems in their rented condo...just a guess...and do consider the source, non-law enforcement...

http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/109589-rich-gray-comments-on-case-from-afar

James Campbell recalled how Jimmy and Abigail would spend time together all summer watching movies on Netflix at the Campbell home. Campbell recalled how they would laugh as Jimmy would teach her how to play a Zombies themed video game on PS3 and also how they would all go on trips to places like Portsmouth.

She is said in media to be a big/active FB user. There is no evidence of that is there?

Absolutely... the only people a gamer would know, would be those friends of theirs from this real world we actually know each other in person and give each other the screen name...... other than that when they talk on headsets they would certainly take a risk swapping personal info..... most of the kids in my life that are gamers don't typically give any info out...... although it is not unheard of with the pc games with chatrooms

:goodpost:

I never even thought of that. If she was an avid gamer, via a console (ps3, xbox, etc) then the number of people she could connect with is pretty staggering.

DH has a big love of his ps3. He talks to people through the headset, they do the whole "hey, where you from" thing. I throw things at him. He gets way specific.

I do know however, that on the homescreen of his game thing there is a "players met" which includes who he's sent messages to (they get all nasty mean at each other) and people he's friended and friend requests. I'm sure there is someone here who knows more about it than me. I can't even work the controller to make a movie play for netflix.

I hope LE has taken a good hard look at whatever she uses to game as well as the one at her BF's place and anywhere else they played.

ALWAYS MOO

B/f may have had a wii or xbox where they weren't actually engaging in conversation and relationship making. Hm, certainly not while with b/f!

best post of the day. IMO.

shy, not "robust" on social media as LE has said, not a member of any organized sport, living in a small town with little activity on her facebook page, no flashy photos, few 'selfie's', steady boyfriend, fractured but seemingly caring family...as are all of ours...

yet not one friend has said a dang word about her. except her 'bestie' who saw her walk off into the woods and hasn't made a peep since.

doesn't make sense. the rabbit is actually believing the "secret life" statement by LE. perhaps that's what we're missing, folks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname