NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We shouldn't be challenging the credibility of the victims daughter. She is a victim in all of this.

I agree she is a victim. I aplaud her for getting therapy, for taking anti-depressents if she needs them and for trying to change her life for the better. But I have doubts about the parts of her interview that conflict with other info we have already learned about TPR's known locations and timeline. There are records placing him in certain places at certain times. Employment records, arrest records, and the memories of people who were adults at at the time carry more weight to me than the memories of someone who was a very small child (and did not remember any of this info until recently). We are allowed to discuss discrepancies in witness statements versus what has been released on the official timelines by police. I do not mean to criticize her as a victim but I think some of her statements should be taken with many grains of salt. MOO.

Where are the documents supporting your claim she's

Yikes. I'd stay clear of posting anything regarding disagreements between TR's children. It's very easy to cast stones without concrete proof. The youngest sisters interviews seem very coherent to me.

We are discussing the issue of her statements against the known timeline. They are incongruent. When this happens it creates additional challenges in finding the identity of the mother of this middle child and therefore the identity of the middle child.

The statements being reviewed were made by her in main stream media, this is not sleuthing

Are the older siblings rebutting or refuting in MSM anything that's being alleged by the younger?

I have not seen them speak out in MSM to rebut her recent statements. However, two other siblings have spoken in the past on the Bear Brook podcasts put out by New Hampshire Public Radio. It's been a while since I listened but I don't recall the others saying they visited their father in NH in the mid 70's. That is a very specific statement AS made that confuses the whole timeline IMO.

Bear Brook

I have not seen them speak out in MSM to rebut her recent statements. However, two other siblings have spoken in the past on the Bear Brook podcasts put out by New Hampshire Public Radio. It's been a while since I listened but I don't recall the others saying they visited their father in NH in the mid 70's. That is a very specific statement AS made that confuses the whole timeline IMO.

Bear Brook
Correct! I just listened to the podcast again recently. The son and daughter that were interviewed for the podcast said they had not seen their father since he stopped in to visit in 1975/1976. They didn’t know about the half sister until LE told them the results of the DNA test.

This is not sleuthing, just gathering facts from MSM and discussing our opinions. It’s what we do here.

That's what I recall, too, that TR's family didn't know about the MC until LE told them about her. When she's ID'd, my hope is someone in her maternal family can fill in some of the blanks on the timeline, during the time he last had contact with his family and resurfacing in NH. Even just knowing where she was born could possibly help.

We are discussing the issue of her statements against the known timeline. They are incongruent. When this happens it creates additional challenges in finding the identity of the mother of this middle child and therefore the identity of the middle child.

The statements being reviewed were made by her in main stream media, this is not sleuthing

Unless there was yet another child she is confusing with the one that ended up in the barrel , maybe that child had an older sister .

(Please delete if I’m not allowed to discuss this here)

His oldest daughter responded to a post in the Bear Brook Victims facebook group saying Andrea (her sister) suffers from mental disorders and that she remembers things that never happened. I can’t read the article with Andrea because it’s blocked in my region but the older sister debunks several things in her comment. She specifically states that they absolutely didn’t have a half-sister named Anita Moon and that Andrea never went on a camping trip to NH. The oldest sister was 4 when their mother left Rasmussen while Andrea was only 1. None of them remember much. She also says that their mother would NEVER have allowed one of her children to go with him.
She does remember that he visited once (she thinks it was 1978) and that he had a lady with him, but it’s been so long that she doesn’t even remember what town they were living in at that time.

Who remembers the visit in 78? It reads like you're stating the older sister.

The podcast is produced by New Hampshire Public Radio which is MSM.
If the podcast is in play and we're allowed to speculate on things it's very interesting hearing that the oldest daughter from Terry's first relationship thought her mom had killed him, and that's why he was gone.

Cross posting this from the Rasmussen SK tread.
The holes in the timeline are driving me crazy. A large national media blitz could generate tips to fill in those holes. Something much broader than what they did a few years ago when they sent press releases to the places he possibly had ties to.

Using this article as a reference point just because it’s the one I have open on my iPad just now: True ID of ‘Chameleon’ Killer Revealed: Terry Peder Rasmussen. “Gaps remain in the timeline and the narrative of Rasmussen’s marathon ... the time periods 1974 to 1978, 1981 to 1984, and 1986 to 1988.”

When using the known aliases he was charged with things like traffic violations and stealing electricity. I find it hard to believe that he wasn’t also arrested for this sort of stuff between 1974-1978, 1981-1984 and 1986-1988. The questions are: Where was he? What name was he using?

The media blitz should include pictures but also highlight the most notable things - his brilliant blue eyes, a drifter, heavy drinker, talkative, intelligent, charming, manipulative, etc. Is there an official profile of this guy? Clips of his voice would also be good - his voice and speech pattern are distinctive.

Ideally, this would start from the FBI at the national level - top 10 most wanted. Did You Ever Know Him? Sent to every media outlet, police station, post office, etc. in the country. Blast social media, maybe working with Facebook and Twitter to get every person using those platforms to see it. Set up a webpage and toll free number to capture the tips. Ideally create a platform (like a Facebook page) to let the public help sort through them. Let people talk about it, get people motivated to discuss and share the tips, etc. I really think the public is the key to filling in the gaps.

bbm. I would expand the gap from 1974 to 1980 instead of ending it at 1978 and jumping to 1980. Seems we really aren't sure anymore that he was in Texas when he said he was or how long he stayed there. I think it was previously assumed he left Texas in 1978 and went straight to New Hampshire. I don't think that is a given. Seems that is somewhat refuted by the new information that has come out in relations to the now identified family. We now know that in at least November, 1978 he was in California.

bbm. I would expand the gap from 1974 to 1980 instead of ending it at 1978 and jumping to 1980. Seems we really aren't sure anymore that he was in Texas when he said he was or how long he stayed there. I think it was previously assumed he left Texas in 1978 and went straight to New Hampshire. I don't think that is a given. Seems that is somewhat refuted by the new information that has come out in relations to the now identified family. We now know that in at least November, 1978 he was in California.

There's hard dates for him in Texas like when he left his job in the summer of 78.

Yeah, the timeline I posted was just for reference. The media blast I’m thinking about wouldn’t be restricted to certain dates.

IF Marlyse is Elizabeth Evans then that's huge. It indicates essentially the first time he switched from using his real name to an alias WHILE with someone.

Have we looked for marriage certificates under Robert Evens & Elizabeth Evans?

I wonder if he convinced Denise Beaudin to use an alias as well when they left.

Marlyse had gotten treatment for Marie for scarlett fever years before she met Terry. Marie had scarlett fever when she died and all victims were very sick. It's safe to say Marlyse would have gotten treatment for her babies so was Terry preventing her? Did she turn more into a captive? Was she afraid to leave? OR were their false identities preventing them from getting medical treatment?

Who remembers the visit in 78? It reads like you're stating the older sister.

I’m sorry if my post wasn’t clear. All I did was quote the oldest sister. Meaning that yes, it is the oldest sister who remembers the visit in what she thought was 1978. She replied to a post in the Bear Brook Victims facebook group, stating exactly what I said. You can go read the comment for yourself if you’d like. It’s still up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member