NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I looked up some more websites with information on birth certificate searches and lerned that it is pretty hard to look up birth certificates unless you have some connection to the person you are looking up. Also, in Texas it is pretty hard for an unmarried woman to put a fathers name on the birth certificate unless the father is present or he signs a Voluntary Paternity Certificate (or there is a paternity test, which is a more modern thing.)

A mother can file a suit for an order to pay child support naming the father but there would have to be a hearing. If he didn't pay there would have to be another hearing to get a judgement and a warrant. Although TPR was not known by that name when he was arrested for murdering Eunsoon Jun the NH LE should have run a warrant check when TPR was linked to Bob Evans in 2016 and I think they probably did.

That still leaves me with the question off why TPR wanted to change his name and give up his past if he wasn't running from something.

He could have been running from any number of things, real or imagined, and possibly something we don't about know yet.

Thanks. I looked up some more websites with information on birth certificate searches and lerned that it is pretty hard to look up birth certificates unless you have some connection to the person you are looking up. Also, in Texas it is pretty hard for an unmarried woman to put a fathers name on the birth certificate unless the father is present or he signs a Voluntary Paternity Certificate (or there is a paternity test, which is a more modern thing.)

A mother can file a suit for an order to pay child support naming the father but there would have to be a hearing. If he didn't pay there would have to be another hearing to get a judgement and a warrant. Although TPR was not known by that name when he was arrested for murdering Eunsoon Jun the NH LE should have run a warrant check when TPR was linked to Bob Evans in 2016 and I think they probably did.

That still leaves me with the question off why TPR wanted to change his name and give up his past if he wasn't running from something.

He could have been running from any number of things, real or imagined, and possibly something we don't about know yet.

It is not uncommon for DNA to be unsuitable (particularly because of degradation) for traditional testing like CODIS. However, this is doesn't necessarily mean it would fail the sort of testing we do. No way to know for sure without more details from their lab on the condition of the DNA evidence.

From the way you put that I get the impression Othram is not working on identifying MC.

IMHO that is a shame. Your company has done some great work on the Golden State Killer case and the Buffalo Cave Torso.

Othram is also involved with DNAsolves.inc which seems to be collecting DNA data to solve crimes. I have a DNA sample at 23&me which cost me about $100. I can't get any DNA matches with anyone at Ancestry.com unless I pay Ancestry.com about $100 to upload my DNA. The same with FamilyTreeDNA.Com...another $100 and they only compare my DNA to the people in their private database. None of them compares DNA with CODIS, which is the FBI DNA database which collects DNA from rape kits and criminal suspects, if I understand this correctly. I know there are privacy concerns that prevent more sharing of DNA data. [Edit to add this question] What is DNAsolves.com in role in the crime solving process?

What (in your opinion) are good ways to crowd-source data from all of these DNA databases to identify victims like MC?

I found these links to stories about Othram:

The Woodlands-based Othram applies DNA sequencing to aid investigations

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/arti...-found-in-idaho-cave-identified-as-bootlegger

Last edited:
From the way you put that I get the impression Othram is not working on identifying MC.

IMHO that is a shame. Your company has done some great work on the Golden State Killer case and the Buffalo Cave Torso.

Othram is also involved with DNAsolves.inc which seems to be collecting DNA data to solve crimes. I have a DNA sample at 23&me which cost me about $100. I can't get any DNA matches with anyone at Ancestry.com unless I pay Ancestry.com about $100 to upload my DNA. The same with FamilyTreeDNA.Com...another $100 and they only compare my DNA to the people in their private database. None of them compares DNA with CODIS, which is the FBI DNA database which collects DNA from rape kits and criminal suspects, if I understand this correctly. I know there are privacy concerns that prevent more sharing of DNA data. [Edit to add this question] What is DNAsolves.com in role in the crime solving process?

What (in your opinion) are good ways to crowd-source data from all of these DNA databases to identify victims like MC?

I found these links to stories about Othram:

The Woodlands-based Othram applies DNA sequencing to aid investigations

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/arti...-found-in-idaho-cave-identified-as-bootlegger

Poof. I couldn't wait for your reply so I looked on the internet. I found a video on youtube that answers many of the questions I had.
I paid 23andMe to sequence my DNA back when the company was first starting. I wasn't interested in the ancestry part of their service as much as I was in the genetic prediction of health issues. Unfortunately the FDA stopped 23andMe from pursuing this aspect of their corporate mission for a while. I've been filling out the surveys they send out and I know they have been growing their database a lot. I have also downloaded my genetic data and fiddled with converting it. I have one of the "early" scans and I think I am going to have to update my data with a more recent scan which will employ more advance tools.

According to Dr.David Mittleman, CEO of Othram on this video, to assist in DNA crowdsourcing the identification of victims, missing persons and criminals I would have to upload my data to DNAsolves.com where it would become part of their database for crowdsourcing . He indicated that 23andMe won't give his company their (and my) data directly under any circumstances, it would have to be downloaded by the owner and then reuploaded to a company like DNAsolves.com if they wanted to use it for crowdsourcing.

Mittleman also mentioned that he has some kind of relationship with GEDmatch.com. I looked up this company and I am going to try them out. They allow you to upload your DNA data (if you have it. Yes I do) and run matches against it. Some of their DIY tools are free but their more advanced tools cost $10/month.

If I don't get thrown off this WebSleuths for my long and rambling posts I'll post something about my results with GEDmatch and DNAsolves here at some time in future.

Meanwhile, I'd still be interested in any updates Othram has on the cases it is working on for the police, particularly the identity of the Middle Child (and her mom) in the Allentown quadruple murder case.

Last edited:
Bumping ...... for Marlyse, Marie, Sara & MC
t7254.gif

Their Bodies Made Headlines, But Their Names Were A Mystery: Famous Jane Doe Cases

While three of these Jane Does were identified in the last two years, it took decades to uncover who they were and the disturbing case garnered significant media attention, even spawning the popular “Bear Brook” podcast.

In November 1985, a hunter made a horrifying discovery in New Hampshire’s Bear Brook State Park: a barrel with two decomposing bodies inside. One was a female in her 20s or 30s, the other was a young girl. The case went nowhere — until 15 years later, when another barrel with two bodies inside was found in the park. they were able to connect the dead women to serial killer Terry Rasmussen, who died in prison in 2010. The fourth body has not been identified, but police do know she is Rasmussen’s daughter.

I am kind of questioning why Marlyse did some of the things she did regarding Marie's custody (according to the timeline). The fact that she took Marie from her father's custody while he was away is enough to raise questions. I wonder why she also kept Marie away from her father for 2+ years. I am not trying to point the finger at anyone, but there might have been some underlying issues between Marlyse and Marie's father (even when married).

I am kind of questioning why Marlyse did some of the things she did regarding Marie's custody (according to the timeline). The fact that she took Marie from her father's custody while he was away is enough to raise questions. I wonder why she also kept Marie away from her father for 2+ years. I am not trying to point the finger at anyone, but there might have been some underlying issues between Marlyse and Marie's father (even when married).

Maybe because he wasn't Marie's biological father?
How do you think any "underlying issues" between Marlyse and her first husband is connected to her relationship with TPR, and him murdering her and her children? Even if fh had molested Marie as it sounds like you're implying, I fail to see how that would be relevant.
Curious.
I'm also curious what's happening with the ID show.
Hopefully soon!

Investigation Discovery will be airing a 2 part show on this case with more information before the year is over. Hopefully it will generate leads on other victims. When the release dates are firmed up I'll post it here.

How do you think any "underlying issues" between Marlyse and her first husband is connected to her relationship with TPR, and him murdering her and her children? Even if fh had molested Marie as it sounds like you're implying, I fail to see how that would be relevant.
Curious.
Hopefully soon!
No I wasn’t implying anything about rape/abuse, etc. I was just curious to why there was a bad settlement of Marie’s custody here.

Curious.
Hopefully soon!
What I meant by underlying issues was perhaps that Marlyse and Marie’s father were on bad terms after the divorce. Remember that Marlyse was 17 when she got married in 1971.

What I meant by underlying issues was perhaps that Marlyse and Marie’s father were on bad terms after the divorce. Remember that Marlyse was 17 when she got married in 1971.
And how would that have inspired her relationship to the serial killer TPR? I remember everything. What do YOU mean?

And how would that have inspired her relationship to the serial killer TPR? I remember everything. What do YOU mean?
You also never explained how you think Marlyse's choices had anything to do with her eventual murderer.

Terrence's modus operandi was young and vulnerable mothers. Think about it:
  • Marlyse was just divorced for the second time
  • She had two children from different fathers
  • She was having custody issues with both of her children's fathers.
  • Marlyse was only 24

"Marlyse was only 24"

24 is a fully grown adult. We rightly ridicule it when the tabloids proclaim men in their late twenties and early thirties as just "kids" when they behave badly, so why tolerate a double standard where a grown woman can be treated as if she may as well be having tea parties with Raggedy Anne?

"Marlyse was only 24"

24 is a fully grown adult. We rightly ridicule it when the tabloids proclaim men in their late twenties and early thirties as just "kids" when they behave badly, so why tolerate a double standard where a grown woman can be treated as if she may as well be having tea parties with Raggedy Anne?

Still, she’s a vulnerable mother

What I wonder about is their father's. I mean I'm sure they wondered about them. I know they are deceased currently. Its intriguing that a missing person report wasn't filed sooner but this was in a time where adults "will contact you if they wanted to" and parental abduction wasn't a thing yet. Like Suzanne Sevakis's mother tried to file a report but was told since she's with her step-father that it isn't considered kidnapping. These Dad's could have been told something similar.

What I wonder about is their father's. I mean I'm sure they wondered about them. I know they are deceased currently. Its intriguing that a missing person report wasn't filed sooner but this was in a time where adults "will contact you if they wanted to" and parental abduction wasn't a thing yet. Like Suzanne Sevakis's mother tried to file a report but was told since she's with her step-father that it isn't considered kidnapping. These Dad's could have been told something similar.

I believe Marie's father is still alive. Sarah's father died in the 80s, possibly not long after her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419