NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Thank you aThousandYearsWide for Finding that quote!!!!.. for the life of me I did not know where it was from or what exactly her said.. But I remember Disabled and Older Mom.. which was just such and ODD thing to say..and Yes this disabled Baby in Oregon made me think exactly that he had an affair with an older woman!!!..

I'm familiar with this doe! It's so sad. Excellent Madamx! I never thought of putting two and two together! He did make that strange comment about fearing Lisa might be born disabled since her mother was older. (This is what he said in a written letter to the people who were thinking of adopting Lisa to those catching up). If 1942 birth year is correct, BE would have been 21 years old at the time. Maybe he was having an affair with a much older woman. Hmmm.

Oh Thank you aThousandYearsWide for Finding that quote!!!!.. for the life of me I did not know where it was from or what exactly her said.. But I remember Disabled and Older Mom.. which was just such and ODD thing to say..and Yes this disabled Baby in Oregon made me think exactly that he had an affair with an older woman!!!..

You're welcome! It happens to me all the time in this case. Reading something and not being able to find the source when it's needed!

Here's where I read it. It from the article, "Questions pervade child-abuse case", Santa Cruz Sentinel, April 5, 1989 from http://oakhillresearch.blogspot.com/2016/07/media-on-evans.html

He allegedly wrote a "To whom it may concern" note which he sent down south with his daughter. That note indicated the girl was born out of wedlock and that the mother did not want the baby. In the note, Jenson allegedly wrote that he feared the child might be born with Down's Syndrome because the mother was an older woman and that he had planned to bury her "next to an ant hill" if the baby didn't have five fingers and toes (on each limb) at birth.

Hmm...with all the other clues leading to Oregon, I'm starting to wonder if his daughter was at least born in Oregon. It'd make sense with the isotopes. Perhaps she was brought to the Dakotas after her birth?

Sorry for all my ignorance--it's a really complicated story and I've been on vacation overseas for a while, so missed some info. But were the Bear Brook murders were presumed to have happened in 1977-late 1981? Seems that would place his daughter's birth between 1973-1976. Could he have moved to New Hampshire shortly (~1 year) after her birth? I still wonder if her mother died for some reason (Not to do with Evans though, since he was in NH) and was brought to live with her father and new stepmother, and two stepsisters. This would have been about two months before their deaths, IIRC. (So sorry about all the forgetting)

I wonder if he got involved with Victim #1 sometime during her pregnancy/shortly after the birth of the youngest Doe. That seems to be what happened with Denise, if I'm not mistaken.

So, I guess my theory is, he popped up in New Hampshire in 1977 six months to a year after the birth of his daughter in Oregon.
Not too long after arriving in NH (my guess is mid-1978 to early 1979), he meets the woman, who is then the mom of the oldest girl, and is either pregnant with or just gave birth to the youngest girl. He gains her trust, and they start dating, probably unofficially "marry" like he did with Eunsoon.
In early to mid-1980, something happened with the girl's mother (probably death IMO) that made him take custody of his daughter. The daughter was brought to New Hampshire, where she stayed with the woman and the two girls. But shortly after, it was either a) "too much" for Evans to "handle" and he flipped, or b) he had recently met, and gained an interest in, Denise and wanted them gone.

This is along the lines of how I think the daughter came to be with RE and the other victims, and why her maternal family may not have been alarmed when they lost track of her and may not have reported her missing. It could also be that she didn't have any maternal family left to take care of her, and she ended up with her father, then no one would have come looking for her at all. I don't think she was snatched by him, but put into his care for whatever reason.

Hmm...with all the other clues leading to Oregon, I'm starting to wonder if his daughter was at least born in Oregon. It'd make sense with the isotopes. Perhaps she was brought to the Dakotas after her birth?

Sorry for all my ignorance--it's a really complicated story and I've been on vacation overseas for a while, so missed some info. But were the Bear Brook murders were presumed to have happened in 1977-late 1981? Seems that would place his daughter's birth between 1973-1976. Could he have moved to New Hampshire shortly (~1 year) after her birth? I still wonder if her mother died for some reason (Not to do with Evans though, since he was in NH) and was brought to live with her father and new stepmother, and two stepsisters. This would have been about two months before their deaths, IIRC. (So sorry about all the forgetting)

I wonder if he got involved with Victim #1 sometime during her pregnancy/shortly after the birth of the youngest Doe. That seems to be what happened with Denise, if I'm not mistaken.

So, I guess my theory is, he popped up in New Hampshire in 1977 six months to a year after the birth of his daughter in Oregon.
Not too long after arriving in NH (my guess is mid-1978 to early 1979), he meets the woman, who is then the mom of the oldest girl, and is either pregnant with or just gave birth to the youngest girl. He gains her trust, and they start dating, probably unofficially "marry" like he did with Eunsoon.
In early to mid-1980, something happened with the girl's mother (probably death IMO) that made him take custody of his daughter. The daughter was brought to New Hampshire, where she stayed with the woman and the two girls. But shortly after, it was either a) "too much" for Evans to "handle" and he flipped, or b) he had recently met, and gained an interest in, Denise and wanted them gone.

You're fine! It is not ignorance at all! There is like almost 200 pages in two different threads(first one closed) on this case, which has almost been a daily discussion since Jan. folieadeuxnola posts some info refreshers for people to catch up on.

I agree with your theories. Yes, the victims were believed to have been killed between 1977-1981, but originally 1977-1985 before it was known BE left the area in Dec 1981. There is also the reference (I don't think the medium of reference was ever released) in 1980 (sometime in-between Feb-Oct) that he had a 6 month old (youngest victim) and a 2 year old (likely his daughter), and a wife Elizabeth Evans (adult victim). Notice the oldest child isn't mentioned; she could be a sister(young aunt)/cousin to the victims. I personally believe they were killed in-between May-Oct since there is no mention of Elizabeth after Oct 1980. Someone, I believe it was Alleykins (sorry if I'm mistaken), suggested they were likely killed during the summer since the oldest child was likely school aged.

One thing I noticed that isn't talked about often is the health conditions discovered among the bodies. There was the presence of pneumonia in the oldest child's lungs, BE's daughter was found to be anemic (causes can be poor diet; it's a vitamin deficiency), and the Adult victim had 3 teeth extracted during her life (reasons for tooth extraction vary, but most common is damage/decay.) All these suggest to me that our victims were potentially impoverished. Before BE was linked to them the victims were believed to be homeless, from an Indian reservation, or even them having been gypsies was mentioned.

I even wondered if they had escaped a polygamist cult. Families shun family that leaves, so that made sense to me why they never were reported missing. I even wondered if BE was from one, which could be why no one knows anything about him prior to 1977. It's far fetched I know, but circumstantially would make since to why no one knows anything about the victims or BE's past.
Update: I'm doing some research, and found some sects put falsified names on birth certificates, and those who escape are often without their identification (birth certificate, SS#, etc.)

We don't know for sure if Elizabeth and two kids are some of the victims in the barrel. It seems likely, but until they're identified, we won't know for sure.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

We don't know for sure if Elizabeth and two kids are some of the victims in the barrel. It seems likely, but until they're identified, we won't know for sure.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

It does seem likely with the children's ages matching up, but I agree, you never know. Before they released the full coverage for this case in Jan, they had a teaser article that stated Denise Beaudin's disappearance was linked to the Allenstown four. My first thought was that she was the adult victim. Seemed most likely, but I was wrong.

What is really strange is how he was linked to multiple 6 month old's. Its probably just a coincidence, but really weird. And BE is always in the presence of female children, never male so far.

6 month old's associated with BE:
  • mystery child referenced in Feb-Oct 1980
  • Dawn Beaudin (AKA Lisa) Dec 1981

Him being associated with a 2 year old also occurred twice:
  • mystery child referenced in Feb-Oct 1980
  • Lisa was said to have a 2 year old sibling while BE was in Orange County in 1984-1985

This isn't very important, but I found the home BE and Eunsoon shared from this article.

The Contra Costa Sheriff’s Office investigated Jun’s disappearance and in November 2002 obtained a search warrant and looked inside the couple’s home at 6217 Bernhard Ave. in Richmond. In a crawl space under the house, attached to the garage, police found Jun’s body under 250 pounds of cat litter.

source: Richmond: Sordid past of Bob Evans, drifter linked to six killings, Nate Gartrell, East Bay Times, January 27, 2017, from http://oakhillresearch.blogspot.com/2016/07/media-on-evans.html

https://www.trulia.com/property/3274084324-6217-Bernhard-Ave-Richmond-CA-94805
The house is absolutely beautiful! There was no pictures of the garage. I just thought this would be of interest. To have a visual of the home in a case we all have read so much about.

I also found this. BE was on CPS's radar prior to the child abandonment. I wonder what the complains consist of and if the social workers working the case could recall BE.

Detectives have learned that the Scotts Valley Police and the county's Child Protective Services agency had previously responded to complaints of possible child abuse when Jenson was living with the girl at the RV park. According to the Scotts Valley Police report, an officer determined that Lisa was well and showed no signs of abuse.

Although armed with new evidence, including statements from Lisa that she had been molested, detectives here and in San Bernadino County hit a quick dead end.

Source: Questions pervade child-abuse case. Santa Cruz Sentinel, April 5, 1989 from http://oakhillresearch.blogspot.com/2016/07/media-on-evans.html

This isn't very important, but I found the home BE and Eunsoon shared from this article.

https://www.trulia.com/property/3274084324-6217-Bernhard-Ave-Richmond-CA-94805
The house is absolutely beautiful! There was no pictures of the garage. I just thought this would be of interest. To have a visual of the home in a case we all have read so much about.

Eunsoon house was previously discussed here. It was sold in 2003 after her death and completely rebuilt by new owner in 2004. So what you see is actually new property. Not sure how much it changed outside though. I will try to find page where it was discussed.

Shop which RE lived above off prior to moving with Eunsoon Jun, in apartment "A"

1852 Rumrill blvd San Pablo CA
Eunsoon Jun house where RE moved in to later on
6217 Bernhard Ave, Richmond, CA
Discussion on page 13 - 14
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...1981-2000-s-2/page13&highlight=richmond+house

Wow! I didn't think they released the location of the store he worked/lived at. I have some updates to make! Thank you!

That makes sense to rebuilt a house a murder occurred in. I always wondered about that. It did seem too modern to have been built in 1953.

Every time I see that picture of Jun, it looks so familiar to me, apart from this case. Was that picture in the news back when she was murdered? I can't shake the feeling that I've seen that picture before, long before I joined WS.

Alias's & Locations(updated):

Pre 1977-
UNKNOWN ALIAS

Location: possibly Texas, Oregon, Canada, Arizona, Anywhere consistent with daughter's isotopes

1977-1981
Robert "Bob" T. Evans

Residence: 925 Hayward St.
Employment:
Waumbec Mill, Commericial St, Manchester, NH
Bear Brooks State Park, Deerfield Rd, Allenstown, NH

Places we know he's been nearby:

Allenstown, Merrimack County, NH (Bear Brook State Park)
Goffstown, Hillsbourgh County, NH (visited Denise's family for Thanksgiving)
NOTES:
1980-
  • Feb- Lists a spouse named "Elizabeth"(arrested for bad check from Dec 1979)
  • May- (arrested for stealing electricity)
  • Oct- no mention of a wife (arrested for diverting electric current)
1981-
  • Dec- Left Manchester with girlfriend Denise Beaudin and her 6 month old

1982-1983
UNKNOWN ALIAS

NOTES:
  • It is believed this is the time frame where Denise was killed, he resurfaces without her in 1984/5.
  • This is around the time frame Gerry Mockerman lost his ID near Dekalb County, GA; and Curtis Mayo Kimball lost his ID in La Porte, TX

1984-1985
Curtis Mayo Kimball

Location: Los Alamito, Cypress, (some list Anaheim), all in Orange County, CA
Employment:
Electric company in Los Alamito, CA in March 1984
NOTES:
  • May 1985- Gets arrested in Cypress, CA for DUI, Denise's Daughter "Lisa" was with him

UNKNOWN ALIAS

Gordon Curtis Jenson/Jensen

Residence: Holiday Host RV Park
Employment:
Holiday Host RV Park, Scotts Valley, CA
NOTES:
  • Jun 1986- Evans abandons "Lisa" with a family at the RV park

UNKNOWN ALIAS, Possibly Gerald "Gerry" Mockerman

Location: Unknown, possibly CA or Preston, Franklin County, ID
NOTES:
Evans is later charged with vehicle theft for a stolen vehicle from Preston, ID which puts him there

1988-1990
Gerald "Gerry" Mockerman

NOTES:
  • Nov 1988- Evans was arrested for for vehicle theft, the vehicle was stolen from Preston, Idaho
  • Mar 1989- Evans is arrested as Gerry Mockerman on warrants out of Santa Cruz for child abandonment of "Lisa", sentenced to years in prison
  • Oct 1990- Evans serves 18 months of his 3 year sentence and is paroled

October 1990-July 2001
Lawrence William Vanner, possible unknown alias

Residence:1852 Rumrill Blvd
Employment:
1852 Rumrill Blvd, San Pablo, Contra Costa County, CA (I found 2 businesses matching this address; Asia Food & Bait Shop, and S & P Market. Both are bait/fishing grocery stores)
NOTES:
Little is known about this timeframe, but he was living above a corner store he worked at. source: https://www.forensicmag.com/news/201...famous-nh-case

August 2001- December 2010
Lawrence William Vanner

Residence: 6217 Bernhard Ave, Richmond, CA
Employment:
Odd jobs/handyman
NOTES:
  • Aug 2001- unofficially marries girlfriend Eunsoon Jun in a backyard wedding
  • Sept 2002- Jun's body is found in their house. Evans Curtis Mayo Kimball is revealed to be a match to his fingerprints
  • Nov 2002- Evans is arrested for her murder under his Kimball alias
  • Jun 2003- convicted of Jun's murder
  • Dec 2010- Evans dies of natural causes in prison, age unknown. He is buried under his Curtis Mayo Kimball alias.

Texas Connection
Evans told people he had been in these following counties during the 70's/80's:
  • Travis County- Austin
  • Nueces County- Corpus Christi, Ingleside
  • Harris County- Houston, Pasadena
  • Dallas County- Dallas
  • Matagorda County- Bay City, Palacias

He had called two RV parks in Austin, Texas around 1986:
  • Austin Lone Star RV Resort
  • Pecan Grove RV Park
NOTE: They are 17 mins apart from each other

He told people he worked at these companies in Texas:
  • 1970's- Brown and Root - Houston, TX- Electrician
  • 1970's- Bay City Electric & Air Conditioning- Bay City, TX- Instrument Repairman
NOTES: Located on Nichols Ave in Bay City. Another location is in CA.
  • 1970's/80's- Big Three Industries- Houston, TX- Installation Mechanic
NOTES:I found through searches it may have been a family business and also may no longer be active. Could be located on West 11th or West 12th St in Houston

Oregon Connection
  • Evans claims to have traveled to Oregon at some point between 1986-1989 to pick berries
  • Evans made statements suggesting his parents may have lived in Oregon
  • Evans made statements suggesting he was familiar with the town Dexter, Oregon, outside Eugene
  • He suggested he owned property here
  • He was familiar with the Dexter Market
  • When his wife Eunsoon Jun goes missing, he claims she is in Oregon at the family cabin, with her mother, and another time he says she is there recieving mental health counselling
  • He calls a Psychiatrist in Oregon remembering the number by memory
source: http://kval.com/news/local/did-seria...ublic-for-help

Locations he's associated with (Updated):

Confirmed Locations he has been:
Manchester, Hillsbourgh County, NH- Resided/employed
Allenstown, Merrimack County, NH- Employed/dumped victims
Goffstown, Hillsborough County, NH- Thanksgiving dinner with Denise Beaudin's family
Los Alamito, Cypress, Anaheim, Orange County, CA- Resided/employed, arrest for DUI
Felton, Santa Cruz County, CA- possibly Resided/employed
Scotts Valley, Santa Cruz County, CA- Resided/employed
Preston, Franklin County, ID- possiply resided/employed on farm, vehicle theft
San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo County, CA- Arrest for ID vehicle theft
San Pablo, Contra Costa County, CA- Resided/employed
Richmond, Contra Costa County, CA- Resided/employed

Circumstanial Locations:
La Porte, Harris county, TX- Curtis Mayo Kimball loses ID (1980's)
Dekalb county, GA- Gerry Mockerman loses ID (1980's)
Greensboro, Greene county, GA- arrested under alias (1980's)
Austin Lone Star RV Resort, Austin, Travis County, TX (1986 phone call)
Pecan Grove RV Park, Austin, Travis County, TX (1986 phone call)
Eugene, Lane County, OR (2002 phone call; therapist)

Alias's associated with him:
(more variations but list main ones):
Well Known:
Robert T. Evans
Robert C. Evans
Curtis Mayo Kimball
Curtis Rollin Kimball
Gordon Curtis Jenson
Gordon Curtis Jensen
Gerald E. Mockerman
Jerry Edward Mockerman
Lawrence William Vanner

Lesser Known:
Jerry Edwards Gorman
Ulos Jenson
Don Vannerson
William Jameson
William Jordon

Woman he's associated with:
Bob Evan's Wives/girlfriends that we know of.

KNOWN:
1981-Denise Beaudin , girlfriend
alias used: Robert Evans, location: Manchester, NH
Notes: left with Evans in Dec 1981, and resurfaces without her in 1985 with her daughter

2001- Eunsoon Jun, unofficial wife
alias used: Lawrence Vanner, location: Contra Costa, CA
Notes: Murdered by Evans, only murder we know of that he was caught

UNKNOWN:

70's-80's- Daughter's mother
Alias used: Unknown location: Unknown; Daughter's isotopes

1980-Elizabeth Evans, wife
alias used: Robert Evans, location: Manchester, NH
Notes: lists as wife in an 1980 arrest, also signed for mail for him, no mention after June 1980

1985-Donna LaPorte, wife (listed as an alternative name for Denise LaPorte)
Alias used: Curtis Mayo Kimball, location: Orange County, CA
Notes: a 1986 newpaper article referring his 1985 arrest mentions her as Evans wife who is a nurse in Orange county

1985-Donna Walter (listed as an alternative name for Donna LaPorte)

1986-Denise LaPorte, wife
alias used: by the year, probably Gordon Curtis Jenson/Jensen, location: found in an autobiography authorities optained in Scotts Valley, Santa Cruz County, CA.
Notes: Mentions he met her in Quebec, Canada, and married her in Roanoke, Virginia. He claimed she died in TX (Corpus Christi, or Houston).
the last three are likely the same person.

A 1988 article mentions her as: Donna Jenson, AKA Denise/Donna La Port nee: La Port and mentions Evans as Gordon Curtis Jenson, AKA Curtis Mayo Jenson.

I saw the theory that he was a Vietnam war vet who went to Canada. I like it, and I wonder if, after going to Canada, his daughter was conceived? IIRC, she lived in/around the Dakotas. Could RE had went to Manitoba (or Saskatchewan)? Would that appear to be the same on isotope results for her? Or possibly went to Manitoba/Saskatchewan and then the Dakotas.
his fingerprints def would be in file if he was a Vietnam vet

his fingerprints def would be in file if he was a Vietnam vet

They may be on file, but my understanding is that they're on cards and are not digitized. It would be a needle in a haystack trying to find him, especially without his real name. Carbuff also mentioned on a different thread that some of the fingerprints were lost in either a flood or a fire in the repository, so some older records no longer exist, iirc.

Every time I see that picture of Jun, it looks so familiar to me, apart from this case. Was that picture in the news back when she was murdered? I can't shake the feeling that I've seen that picture before, long before I joined WS.

I felt the same way! I realized what it was. When the case was headlined in Jan and I read about Eunsoon for the first time I thought she was another Korean beauty that went missing, Catherine Clampitt..

So he was lying about "picking berries", but it sounds like he wasn't up there long enough to actually kill anyone (with his MO), right? The timeline seems pretty packed for him. Makes me wonder if he was actually visiting family up there. I don't know why he'd say that though, if it were true. I guess the best liars let a little bit of truth seep in.

Oregon Connection

• Evans claims to have traveled to Oregon at some point between 1986-1989 to pick berries
He probably "married" Elizabeth in a backyard wedding too.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think he looks that old in the police interview. Late 50s in my eyes. I don't think he was lying about his age by very much, 5 -+ years if anything.

I wonder if the father of the 10-year-old daughter had custody of her until sometime in 1980, possibly explaining why RE didn't count her as his daughter. The youngest wasn't his, so it seems like he was just listing all the kids at his house.

The missing father(s) of the youngest and oldest girls, and the missing mother of RE's daughter all confuse me.

I really hope all of them, especially Evans' daughter, get ID'd quickly. Poor girl. Killed by her own "father". I bet if she is ID'd, it'll give some insight on where Evans was, and possibly other victims.

It especially saddens me, because I believe her mother is dead (and probably has been since 1980 or so).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin