NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a really great article that describes genetic testing. Remember that when they do a paternal genome testing they only look for a very small number of markers. When they do a genetic dna testing they look at hundreds of genetic markers which is why the paternity test they did for Lisa/RE was very basic in the information they received. It only gives them information as to paternity and actual DNA he may have left behind at a crime scene. I like to tell people it's like the difference between blood typing at a crime scene and DNA evidence at a crime scene. Paternity DNA is basic, genealogical DNA is very in depth. Here's the article from ancestry:
There are two main types of genetic tests to estimate a person’s ancestry. One type is to trace an
individual person’s maternal lineage (by looking at how genetic patterns are passed down from one
generation to the next generation through one’s mother and her mother and her mother) or paternal
lineage (by looking at how genetic patterns are passed down through the father’s line). These
lineage-based genetic tests come in two forms: 1) mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) which is inherited
through the mother’s line only and can give information to both males and females about a person’s
maternal lineage, or 2) Y-chromosome DNA which is inherited through the father’s line and is
passed down only to males in each generation and can give information only to males about his
paternal lineage.
The other type of genetic ancestry test is one that makes estimates of a person’s ancestry by
scanning through a person’s overall genome and then using the information to determine which
continents their ancestors are from. These ancestry estimates use genetic markers called Ancestry
Informative Markers. Scientists use Ancestry Informative Markers to make predictions about a
person’s ancestry using genetic markers and can tell a person if they are likely to have European,
African, or Asian ancestry. These predictions are based on statistics that come from how often or
rarely certain genetic markers show up across populations. For example, suppose a statistical result
shows that a person is very likely to be American Indian because they have a certain set of Ancestry
Informative Markers. If a different scientist took the same sample and looked at completely
different set of Ancestry Informative Markers, just by chance, that person may have a statistical
result that shows they are likely to be Asian, not American Indian. The results could be very
different, depending on the set of Ancestry Informative Markers that are used or on the population
that is being studied. It is important to keep in mind that none of these genetic markers can
definitively say whether a person is American Indian or not. It is also important to note that there is
no such thing as an “American Indian gene.”

Thank you Mom24. This explains a lot to me about DNA databases and their use. Running BE's daughter's DNA could yield relatives of her mother, which could reveal a bit about her relationship with BE.

attachment.php

This picture speaks volumes to me. It was taken in Manchester, NH in either 1980 or 1981. He is clearly wearing a Disneyland t-shirt, indicating that he had already spent some time in the LA area of California. Fast forward four years and he shows up in the Anaheim area. Then he seems to remain in California for the next 15 years or so. It is suggested that he spent time in Idaho during this time, but he keeps showing up in California. Why would such a transient stay in a relatively small area of the country for such an extended period of time? And why would he spend such a relatively short period of time in NH(3-4 years)???

I think this suggests a much stronger tie to California. He may have been born in the Northeast as the Grundheim interview suggests, but clearly he is drawn to the LA and San Francisco areas.

Attachments

• RobertEvans1981inNH.png
    RobertEvans1981inNH.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 189
attachment.php

This picture speaks volumes to me. It was taken in Manchester, NH in either 1980 or 1981. He is clearly wearing a Disneyland t-shirt, indicating that he had already spent some time in the LA area of California. Fast forward four years and he shows up in the Anaheim area. Then he seems to remain in California for the next 15 years or so. It is suggested that he spent time in Idaho during this time, but he keeps showing up in California. Why would such a transient stay in a relatively small area of the country for such an extended period of time? And why would he spend such a relatively short period of time in NH(3-4 years)???

I think this suggests a much stronger tie to California. He may have been born in the Northeast as the Grundheim interview suggests, but clearly he is drawn to the LA and San Francisco areas.

I'm not drawing the same conclusion about the t-shirt indicating that he spent time in CA. It may be that he did (prior to 1980s), but I don't think the t-shirt is a dead giveaway. He could gotten the shirt from a thrift store or received it as a gift. I have a couple of nice things that have Hawaii on them, but I've never been there.

I wonder if Robert Evans collected unemployment, food stamps, AFDC, etc. or whether he did not want his aliases on any gov't documents. (He apparently was able to use his alias on his driver's license and registration.) But, if AFDC keeps records for years and years, and Robert was on AFDC, maybe they keep the envelopes he would have licked, and it may be possible to get Evans' DNA that way.

I wonder if Robert Evans collected unemployment, food stamps, AFDC, etc. or whether he did not want his aliases on any gov't documents. (He apparently was able to use his alias on his driver's license and registration.) But, if AFDC keeps records for years and years, and Robert was on AFDC, maybe they keep the envelopes he would have licked, and it may be possible to get Evans' DNA that way.

You bring up a good point. It's possible he applied for state assistance when his daughter began living with him. But, even if he didn't, it's possible that Denise did (which might give us a trail to follow) or the adult female did for herself and her children, prior to being with RE.
Investigators mentioned canvassing schools, but they never mentioned scouring DHHS records as well. The only stickler with that would be confidentiality rules, but nothing says they couldn't speak to local caseworkers and show them pictures (if they're still around).

Very good point! Like alleykins said, can't hurt to put up some posters. Someone working during those days might remember them.

It's been stated that he's possibly spoke a foreign language. Also one detective who interviewed him thought he might have been from the East Coast. Could he possibly have been Pennsylvania Dutch I bring this up because there's a woman Nellie Florence Cornman Flickinger who went missing in the late seventies from Pennsylvania there's a picture she has of her and her boyfriend who was a marine who looks a lot like Evans.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2313dfpa.html

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Reading through old newspapers, Bear Brook Park was a really happening place. From the 1960's to the late 70's they had summer conservation camps for teens and had adults who would be camp leaders. I'm wondering if the woman and the two children were part of that summer camp and the reason they were never reported missing is because people just assumed they had gone home. Just adding, they had the training for the adults held at the Cardigan Mountain Lodge in Alexandria.

This a good thinking however ! There are three Camps in the Park, The Public Campground on either Beaver Pond or Catamount Pond that name varies on who your asking, The Spruce Pond Camp right next door that was mainly summer camp for teens working for the State Park system doing work at other State Parks (eventually became camps for AmeriCorps group) the Bear Hill Camp which was for Scout groups Boys,Girls, and inner city kids, a look into the public Camp if you where looking for a women with children that would be the better choice seeing as you had to register you vehicle plates to the site you rented (if the records are still available somewhere in storage maybe) they called RE a transient that stayed in Hotels ,Trailer Parks, Campgrounds ?

You bring up a good point. It's possible he applied for state assistance when his daughter began living with him. But, even if he didn't, it's possible that Denise did (which might give us a trail to follow) or the adult female did for herself and her children, prior to being with RE.
Investigators mentioned canvassing schools, but they never mentioned scouring DHHS records as well. The only stickler with that would be confidentiality rules, but nothing says they couldn't speak to local caseworkers and show them pictures (if they're still around).
I wonder if someone applies for AFDC, do they have to provide a birth certificate of the children? There must be some method of certification.

I wonder if someone applies for AFDC, do they have to provide a birth certificate of the children? There must be some method of certification.

I'm pretty sure now you do, but who knows about the 70s & 80s?

Not in the 70's, which is why there was so much misuse of the system. Literally people would list their dogs and get aid. Foodstamps were very easy to get and most towns had money for people with children to use for groceries, utilities, etc. You'd go in, with a child, ask for help and they'd give you a voucher.

I'm not drawing the same conclusion about the t-shirt indicating that he spent time in CA. It may be that he did (prior to 1980s), but I don't think the t-shirt is a dead giveaway. He could gotten the shirt from a thrift store or received it as a gift. I have a couple of nice things that have Hawaii on them, but I've never been there.

I have to agree I had a Mickey Mouse shirt back in 79 and I had never been to California. One thing I'm wondering about is where is the bearded biker look? Looks like their assembling a swing set in the picture. Notice also drinking Michelob that I remember was a popular beer around that time.

The shirt is specific to Disneyland in that time period the shirts came from the amusement park not off a local store rack. It's a late 70's Ragland. In all would not rule out a potential connection to RE and the Los angeles area wether it is pre-NH or during.

Understand many had friends and family that would bring back souvenirs from their vacation trips... On this instance there is a lot of connections pointing directly to the LA area.

My souvenirs shirts in years past. My Family went to Florida and all I got was this lousy t-shirt ..

On another note the upper east coast folks I know prefer to go to Disney World in Florida.

There are a lot of Disney collectors online you can research through their sites on the specific types of shirts and years they were issued.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's been stated that he's possibly spoke a foreign language. Also one detective who interviewed him thought he might have been from the East Coast. Could he possibly have been Pennsylvania Dutch I bring this up because there's a woman Nellie Florence Cornman Flickinger who went missing in the late seventies from Pennsylvania there's a picture she has of her and her boyfriend who was a marine who looks a lot like Evans.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2313dfpa.html

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I brought Nellie up a while ago, the picture set alarm bells off in my head! She was definitely a person who would be vulnerable to Evans with her history of disappearing. I got discredited because she wasn't missing with any of her children (bear brook victims), but I do believe Evans killed others as well. Thank you for posting her!

This is something to consider and myself I'm not sold on it however at a possibility. Grace reapp went missing in 1978 along w/her 5 year old daughter Gracie. I read some old newspaper articles & I think somewhere one said the husband thought Gracie wasn't his. I hate to consider this especially for her family but what if Gracie wasn't? What if there was an affair or maybe even just a 1 time thing that happened after an argument or something? We know the woman in the barrel wasn't related to the 3-5 yr old & I think graces dental records were checked against the UID but what if the child is Gracie? Odds are the child's mother is deceased somewhere else & he used this child to lure in the UID http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/reapp_grace.html

This is something to consider and myself I'm not sold on it however at a possibility. Grace reapp went missing in 1978 along w/her 5 year old daughter Gracie. I read some old newspaper articles & I think somewhere one said the husband thought Gracie wasn't his. I hate to consider this especially for her family but what if Gracie wasn't? What if there was an affair or maybe even just a 1 time thing that happened after an argument or something? We know the woman in the barrel wasn't related to the 3-5 yr old & I think graces dental records were checked against the UID but what if the child is Gracie? Odds are the child's mother is deceased somewhere else & he used this child to lure in the UID http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/reapp_grace.html

IIRC, Grace and her daughter, Gracie, were considered when the first barrel was discovered, due to the relative close proximity they were found, the timing and the fact that is was a woman and young girl, like the MPs. This was before investigators realized there were two more victims. They were ruled out early on as being the adult female and oldest child. Not sure if Gracie was compared to the middle child after the second barrel was found, but she has DNA available, so I believe it would have matched by now. The only way to know for sure is to submit the possible match to NamUs and see what shakes out.

Regarding the Mickey Mouse shirt, I think we may be thinking too far with it meaning he had been to Disneyland in CA. The movie the Outsiders had a main character that wore a Mickey Mouse t-shirt just 2-3 years later in 1983. Not sure if that means anything or not, but to my knowledge, Mickey Mouse shirts were likely popular in the 80's. I remember my mom having many shirts from that era without getting them from either Disney park.

Disneyland opened in 1955 and Disney world in 1971; however, the first t-shirt company that got licensed to do Disney characters apparel was Tropix Togs in 1976, which was based in Miami, Fl. That was 4-5 years before the picture of Evans with the shirt. Not exactly saying he could have been to Miami, but I am saying there was a company outside of Disney selling Mickey merch years before Evans was snapped wearing the shirt. There could have been other companies as well.
He could have also got the shirt secondhand as well which was mentioned in an earlier post.

Not in the 70's, which is why there was so much misuse of the system. Literally people would list their dogs and get aid. Foodstamps were very easy to get and most towns had money for people with children to use for groceries, utilities, etc. You'd go in, with a child, ask for help and they'd give you a voucher.

Could be why this go-to was having young children in his company!

Regarding the Mickey Mouse shirt, I think we may be thinking too far with it meaning he had been to Disneyland in CA. The movie the Outsiders had a main character that wore a Mickey Mouse t-shirt just 2-3 years later in 1983. Not sure if that means anything or not, but to my knowledge, Mickey Mouse shirts were likely popular in the 80's. I remember my mom having many shirts from that era without getting them from either Disney park.

Disneyland opened in 1955 and Disney world in 1971; however, the first t-shirt company that got licensed to do Disney characters apparel was Tropix Togs in 1976, which was based in Miami, Fl. That was 4-5 years before the picture of Evans with the shirt. Not exactly saying he could have been to Miami, but I am saying there was a company outside of Disney selling Mickey merch years before Evans was snapped wearing the shirt. There could have been other companies as well.
He could have also got the shirt secondhand as well which was mentioned in an earlier post.

I don't believe I'am .... IMO... Don't throw the baby out with the bath water

I have Disney Character shirts from a young child .... However none had Land or World on them. In the late 80's -90's their were Disney retail stores we had one on the Galleria.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the foreign language Robert learned was Norwegian (from his parents or the Norwegian immigrant community he was from). In the early 1900's, there were thousands of churches that conducted services in Norwegian. Also noted is that most Norwegians headed for the US went thru Quebec (a city mentioned by Robert Evans). Most Norwegian Americans settled in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the Dakotas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname