NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is from a witness that babysat Lisa along with the 6 month old.

Did this witness happen to give an approximate or precise date when they babysat D/L and the baby? If so, when about? Thank you

Did this witness happen to give an approximate or precise date when they babysat D/L and the baby? If so, when about? Thank you

Again the frustration of cold cases from many years previous is that witnesses are not going to remember everything or may even be deceased.

Again the frustration of cold cases from many years previous is that witnesses are not going to remember everything or may even be deceased.

I'm confused by this reply, so please bear with me.
Is this a recent account from a witness who recently came forward after recognizing RE and who recalled babysitting for D/L and this baby? OR was it a witness statement in one of his case files from way back and the witness can't be re-interviewed because they are now deceased?
I ask because even I can remember kids I sat for over 40 years ago. I may not remember everything, but remember how old I was (which would give me the year), the kids first names (except for two but I know someone I can contact to find out) and where they lived. I don't think those details are too taxing on a memory or asking too much of a witness to recall and I hardly have a photographic memory Truly, if someone can't remember those vague of details, I would have to question that they sat for them at all.

Thanks Alleykins for putting that into words. My brain is slow today!

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Is this a recent account from a witness who recently came forward after recognizing RE and who recalled babysitting for D/L and this baby? OR was it a witness statement in one of his case files from way back and the witness can't be re-interviewed because they are now deceased?
I ask because even I can remember kids I sat for over 40 years ago. I may not remember everything, but remember how old I was (which would give me the year), the kids first names (except for two but I know someone I can contact to find out) and where they lived. I don't think those details are too taxing on a memory or asking too much of a witness to recall and I hardly have a photographic memory Truly, if someone can't remember those vague of details, I would have to question that they sat for them at all.

Thank you for asking. I am also interested to know where this babysitter witness info came from. There was no mention of it in any of the press that I have read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 Questions:

1.) What do thing may be the single item to break open this case?
2.) What can we do to help you best?
3.) Is Family Tree DNA working on RE's family tree?

Interviews were done in the past and repeated more recently. This was the time period that he was in SoCal-1984/85. Yes believable witnesses.

3 Questions:

1.) What do thing may be the single item to break open this case?
2.) What can we do to help you best?
3.) Is Family Tree DNA working on RE's family tree?

People recognizing the suspect's pic and coming forward with information that he dated a neighbor or family, moved away and never saw them again.
Research that finds more info on him by location/missing pers/uid. (All his AKAs do make it difficult)
No, and as back further in the thread he was cremated and remains into the sea.
Mockerman's ID was outside of Atlanta GA. in the early 1980s.
Also the info about the woman with children he was dating and the 6 month old in the Anaheim area was released to the press and is in the Anaheim PD press release referenced earlier.

People recognizing the suspect's pic and coming forward with information that he dated a neighbor or family, moved away and never saw them again.
Research that finds more info on him by location/missing pers/uid. (All his AKAs do make it difficult)
No, and as back further in the thread he was cremated and remains into the sea.
Mockerman's ID was outside of Atlanta GA. in the early 1980s.
Also the info about the woman with children he was dating and the 6 month old in the Anaheim area was released to the press and is in the Anaheim PD press release referenced earlier.

Thank you for your responses. I will pass your needs along to my research group.

They were able to ID one of the Allenstown victims as his daughter, did they use DNA to do that? And if so, can that DNA not be used to trace his family tree?

Interviews were done in the past and repeated more recently. This was the time period that he was in SoCal-1984/85. Yes believable witnesses.

If they were done in the past, I would imagine the sitter would be able to recall at least the baby's first name, or at least, a made up name, knowing RE.

It is from a witness that babysat Lisa along with the 6 month old.

Yes, but could you please include the link to the source where you read this, so the rest of us can read it for ourselves? I remember the interview with the woman who babysat but I do not remember the 6 month old. Which is probably my memory but I would like to please read it for myself.

Thank you for your responses. I will pass your needs along to my research group.

They were able to ID one of the Allenstown victims as his daughter, did they use DNA to do that? And if so, can that DNA not be used to trace his family tree?

That was with the codis profile in a direct comparison between individuals. The codis profile is too limited for anything except direct comparisons.
Thank you!

I just wanted to add a couple of questions.. did the person remember if this 6 month old baby was white or mixed race or hair color blonde, brown, red head? Any eye color? anything? thank you..
If they were done in the past, I would imagine the sitter would be able to recall at least the baby's first name, or at least, a made up name, knowing RE.

Only can say between 81 after he left NH and 84 when he showed up in SoCal.(real CMK ID stolen while working in LaPorte TX early 1980s) More than likely plenty enough time to groom another victim as when he showed up and was working in SoCal he already had another 6 month old girl with him along with Lisa.

So most likely areas for more victims-TX. SoCal-witness that he was dating a woman-see Anaheim PD press release. http://abc7.com/news/suspected-serial-killer-spent-time-in-anaheim-more-victims-feared/1754816/ And 1990 to 2002 Contra Costa County.

I don't mean to be critical or disrespectful, but I'm having a hard time following the trail of facts in this case. Sorry, but fact-checking is part of what i do for a living. The article you cited does not say anything about a witness nor about a 6 month old being seen with RE and Lisa. It does quote an Anaheim police officer who appears to be setting forth what I assumed to be a suspected MO...a very strong one at that. But I'm just not seeing the facts that you're citing.

Also want to add that if there is such a 6 month old, is it the daughter of Donna Walter? It also makes sense to me that if this was his MO, he would start looking for younger infant victims. He had no use for the victims once they reached the age they could talk and reveal his secrets. It also makes sense that he'd ditch or kill the mothers and kids before the kids started pre-school or school. THey'd be less likely to be missed by someone. So, I think the theory is there and entirely possible. Just not seeing those facts released in the press.

according to a reddit thread, the suspect died in 1998. I don't know if I am allowed to link that here.

Thank you. I've been trying to find some info on him and have been unable. Could you message the link to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member