NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure they’ve done some of that, but it is very labor intensive to track down people that lived in an apartment building 40 years ago. LE resources are better used elsewhere. Besides, they know about the name and location he was using at that time. I’m suggesting a way to start filling in the blanks in the timeline, without draining the resources from LE.

Connecting with EVERY SINGLE LIVING MEMBER of those apartments should be a top priority, and the usage of said resources should be used to the maximum of their capabilities.

This is a very critical moment in the middle child's life. And no, it's not very labor intensive at all. I recall many of my neighbors from the apartments I lived in 30+ years ago. It's all about networking. It's very, very likely the middle childs mother was with Terry at this moment. Not maximizing every angle at this juncture would be poor police work.

Connecting with EVERY SINGLE LIVING MEMBER of those apartments should be a top priority, and the usage of said resources should be used to the maximum of their capabilities.

This is a very critical moment in the middle child's life. And no, it's not very labor intensive at all. I recall many of my neighbors from the apartments I lived in 30+ years ago. It's all about networking. It's very, very likely the middle childs mother was with Terry at this moment. Not maximizing every angle at this juncture would be poor police work.
The MC's isotopes don't match Texas though (although I know they can be wrong sometimes.)
The Tale of the Abandoned Girl’s DNA that Led to a Notorious Cold Case

The states her isotopes cover are WA, OR, ID, CA, NV, UT, AZ, NM, with the highlighted areas being CO, WY, NE, SD, ND, MN, and NY, VT, NH, ME.

As far as interviewing old neighbors, could be a dead end. It's hard to recall names when time has past. Especially in an apartment community and if the residency was brief. Even harder if TR kept to himself when regarding his home life. He did isolate his partners although he was considered as talkative and charismatic.

Texas is one of the few locations where LE has a hard living location in the late 70's for TR. It's imperative that they do everything possible to mine every ounce of information out of that area.

I'm sure with the middle childs DNA they're developing a much more accurate map as to where her mothers origins were from. I'd classify the isotope map as "meh" and the DNA map as "whoohoo".

Texas will play a vital role in identifying the middle child.

1975 or 1976
December - Rasmussen visits his family unexpectedly in Payson, Arizona. He was with an unidentified woman, who police are still hoping to track down. He told his family he was living at the Casa Del Rey Apartments in Ingleside, Texas. His family never saw him again

At some point during the year, Rasmussen contacted a friend in Arizona, asking for money. He said he was working in Texas on an oil rig.
Case timeline: Killer Terry Peder Rasmussen, also known as 'Bob Evans'

The unexpected visit is interesting to me... What was TR doing in AZ? I mean drive all that way to visit someone unexpectedly? I mean, what if they aren't home. I personally believe he was in AZ for something unrelated at first. Maybe visit MC? Was the women he was with from AZ?

And the phone call, shows he still had ties to AZ that were other then his family. I wonder if this was an anonymous tip or if LE knows who this person is. If so definitely worth a re-interview. Seems like they must of been close if he was asking for money and he hadn't lived in AZ for the past three years.

Also of interest, how did his family remember the apartment complex and town he lived in but not the first name of the woman he was with? He could have written it down but what are the chances they kept that for over 40 years?

And the phone call, shows he still had ties to AZ that were other then his family. I wonder if this was an anonymous tip or if LE knows who this person is. If so definitely worth a re-interview. Seems like they must of been close if he was asking for money and he hadn't lived in AZ for the past three years.
Of course he did. He lived there since his youth.

@aThousandYearsWide
OT: My father showed up out of the blue one time at Christmas. It was in the early 70s, I don think my mother knew he was coming. I remember I was about 5 and was standing in the hallway when I noticed some guy was standing on our doorstep (I remember the top of his head) in the very early morning. He drove all the way from MD to New England, not sure why except he wanted to see us. That was the last time he made the effort, though.

1975 or 1976
December - Rasmussen visits his family unexpectedly in Payson, Arizona. He was with an unidentified woman, who police are still hoping to track down. He told his family he was living at the Casa Del Rey Apartments in Ingleside, Texas. His family never saw him again

At some point during the year, Rasmussen contacted a friend in Arizona, asking for money. He said he was working in Texas on an oil rig.
Case timeline: Killer Terry Peder Rasmussen, also known as 'Bob Evans'

The unexpected visit is interesting to me... What was TR doing in AZ? I mean drive all that way to visit someone unexpectedly? I mean, what if they aren't home. I personally believe he was in AZ for something unrelated at first. Maybe visit MC? Was the women he was with from AZ?

Also of interest, how did his family remember the apartment complex and town he lived in but not the first name of the woman he was with? He could have written it down but what are the chances they kept that for over 40 years?
Looking at the isotope map, timeline, known locations, etc. the other day, I came to the conclusion that MC was likely from Arizona.

Looking at the isotope map, timeline, known locations, etc. the other day, I came to the conclusion that MC was likely from Arizona.

That makes sense based on the timeline, I just wonder how her isotope results fit into it. Based on what we've discovered about other cases where isotopes were used and the UP identified, isotopes are not totally off, but they're not spot on, either. I don't know what to make of them anymore. I don't know how similar isotopes in AZ air & water are compared to those of the upper mid-west and other areas highlighted on her isotope map. Some locations have very specific and exclusive isotope signatures, not found in other places. For example, NE TX has isotopes that are unique to that area.

That makes sense based on the timeline, I just wonder how her isotope results fit into it. Based on what we've discovered about other cases where isotopes were used and the UP identified, isotopes are not totally off, but they're not spot on, either. I don't know what to make of them anymore. I don't know how similar isotopes in AZ air & water are compared to those of the upper mid-west and other areas highlighted on her isotope map. Some locations have very specific and exclusive isotope signatures, not found in other places. For example, NE TX has isotopes that are unique to that area.
I agree. Unless it is a location with a unique and specific signature, isotope results are not exact, but they are directional. IMO it’s generally best to use them to rule out/exclude locations that don’t fit the isotope profile, rather then use them to pinpoint where the person is from.

I’d have to recreate what I had done the other day that drew me to believe that she was most likely from AZ. I didn’t save the work, but I had various maps and timelines open on a computer and on an iPad with things printed out in front of me at the time.

I think that's a good possibility. I've often wondered if the mother of MC was someone he went to high school with who he reconnected with on his visit to his family. Because he seemed to always find a woman to stay with wherever he went. Where was he staying on that Dec 1974 visit? Did they stay at a hotel/in an RV park or did they stay at her house or with her family? I can see him going to spend a holiday with mystery woman's family and beginning the process of isolating her from her family like he later did with Marlyse, Denise and Eunsoon. That seems to be part of his MO.

MOO

Hi, i'm a recent member and i'm not familiar with the rules yet... If i'm doing something wrong, my apologies in advance.
I don't know if this has been posted before, if so, i'm sorry again.
Googling a little about this case, now that 3 of the victims were identified, i found Sara L. McWaters' birth record of familysearch.com. Her mother's surname was misindexed to the database as "Honychur". It says Sarah was born Dec 13, 1977 in LA, California.
Using the same misindexed surname i found another birth record also from LA, California, to a girl named Tami L. Hodges born Sep. 26, 1976.
I googled Tami L. Hodges but found no info. Assuming their mother is the same "Honychur", my question is: Could she be the unidentified victim? Could Hodges be one of TPR's aliases?
Thanks,

Pat

Hi, i'm a recent member and i'm not familiar with the rules yet... If i'm doing something wrong, my apologies in advance.
Googling a little about this case, now that 3 of the victims were identified, i found Sara L. McWaters' birth record of familysearch.com. Her mother's surname was misindexed to the database as "Honychur". It says Sarah was born Dec 13, 1977 in LA, California.
Using the same misindexed surname i found another birth record also from LA, California, to a girl named Tami L. Hodges born Sep. 26, 1976.
I googled Tami L. Hodges but found no info. Assuming their mother is the same "Honychur", my question is: Could she be the unidentified victim? Could Hodges be one of TPR's aliases?
Thanks,

Pat

I hope I'm following this right, forgive me if I'm not. I'm wondering if the 1976 birth record might belong to a sibling? Marlyse has sisters.

I found no birth records for Marlyse, so i don't know what her parents' names are. I've just assumed (probably wrongly or not) that since her surname was misindexed on Sarah's birth record, that Tami was also her daughter. It was just a hunch i had...
Marlyse was born in 1954, being Tami born in 1976, it didn't cross my mind it could be a sister... I've seen her surname being spelled differently across the internet... i'm not sure if typos or something else.

Thanks,

Pat

I'm a bit confused, so bear with me. Are you suggesting that Tami is the daughter of Marlyse? And that you think Tami may be the unidentified middle child found in one of the barrels? If so, we know through DNA testing that the middle child is NOT related to Marlyse. We do know, however, that TPR is the father of the middle child, again through DNA. Sorry if I completely misunderstood what you were trying to say.

English is not my mother tongue so sometimes i might not be able to express myself correctly... But you got me right. I probably missed the part where it mentions that the middle child is NOT related to Marlyse... or i misread it somewhere. Hence my question regarding Hodges being one of the many TPR's aliases. I knew it was TPR's daughter but "not yet sure if related to Marlyse". Again, i misread it or misunderstood it. I'm so sorry...

English is not my mother tongue so sometimes i might not be able to express myself correctly... But you got me right. I probably missed the part where it mentions that the middle child is NOT related to Marlyse... or i misread it somewhere. Hence my question regarding Hodges being one of the many TPR's aliases. I knew it was TPR's daughter but "not yet sure if related to Marlyse". Again, i misread it or misunderstood it. I'm so sorry...

Please don't feel bad about missing the part about the middle child not being related to Marlyse. This is a very confusing case! There are so many missing pieces and multiple families/victims involved. I hope you continue to share your thoughts, you never know what might be the clue that gives the middle child her name back!

Hopefully the moderators will create a new forum section for TPR so all the threads can be in one place. Right now, they are scattered in several places here.

Welcome! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member