GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

Discussion in 'Serial Killers' started by sillybilly, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Owutatangledweb

Owutatangledweb Well-Known Member

The most important thing to be careful of while hunting wild mushrooms, by far, are the look-alikes; inedible mushrooms that resemble the edible ones. Some of these, like the appropriately named death-cap, are toxic and are responsible for more than half of all mushroom-related fatalities and they are common here in Oregon.

How Do You Hunt For Mushrooms In Eugene, Oregon?

2. Owutatangledweb

IMG_8278.JPG Middle child isotope map

Dexter Oregon map.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  3. PatLaurel

PatLaurel Well-Known Member

This is probably irrelevant but...In 1992 when EJ's father died in the Monterey County, she is listed as a survivor from LA. Maybe TR met her there or somewhere around the Monterey County area?
    EJ's father was a gardener...

ClaireNC likes this.
  4. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

It’s definitely possible that MC came from Oregon. It’s certainly worth exploring.

I wonder if he did migrant work on the various farms in the Pacific Northwest. Also that area had a lot of marijuana growers even back then. They were often using greenhouses, sheds with with grow lights and/or hydroponic systems. He could have done electrical work for growers.

Really wish we had a dedicated sub-forum for this murderer.

5. AliceInPain

AliceInPain Well-Known Member

Bringing over from the Allenstown thread:
    The first articles from when he was first id'd as TR said he'd been on the US west Coast and Okinawa, Japan.
    I looked around and found a navy cruisebook for Okinawa '64-'65.
    And there is a TP Rasmussen who was an electrican (CPS3=CONSTRUCTION ELECTRICIAN'S MATE (SHOP) PETTY OFFICER 3RD CLASS). There is a photo of a Rasmussen but not sure it's him, there is another Rasmussen listed in the book.

Skärmavbild 2019-06-19 kl. 14.15.01.png Skärmavbild 2019-06-19 kl. 14.15.41.png

6. Legally Bland

Legally Bland Well-Known Member

That's him (I think) it's the same photo in the Aug 2017 photos pdf. I think Okinawa 1964-5 can be added to the timeline.

upload_2019-6-19_13-39-3.png
    https://www.doj.nh.gov/news/2017/documents/20170818-allenstown-manchester-images.pdf

ETA: Thanks for posting, I knew I'd read a reference to being stationed in Japan but couldn't remember where to look until I saw the photo.

7. Legally Bland

Legally Bland Well-Known Member

8. AliceInPain

It would help if he was with NMCB 5 his entire time in the army, then we could just look at their timeline.
    But I don't know.

Info from the book:
    “MCB FIVE returned home to Port Hueneme, California March 15, 1964 after a nine month deployment on Guam, Marianas Islands.
    The main body of MCB FIVE boarded the U.S.S. GENERAL J.C. BRECKINRIDGE 25 July 1964 for the voyage to Okinawa and a deployment as "Alert Battalion in the Pacific."
    They arrived Aug 12.
    “The main body of MCB FIVE departed Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, on five flights aboard C-135 jets. On April 9,1965, the last plane landed at Point Mugu Naval Air Station, California.

https://www.history.navy.mil/content/dam/museums/Seabee/Cruisebooks/postwwiicruisebooks/NMCB/nmcb5-cruisebooks/NMCB 5_1964-65.pdf

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  9. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

I don’t know anything about searching military records, but that information must be available somewhere. In the NPR Podcast, TR’s son talked about studying his father’s discharge papers from the Navy.

10. Owutatangledweb

I recall that photo being circulated here but can’t recall if it was him.

11. folieadeuxnola

folieadeuxnola Miami-Dade Jane Doe - 1979

Someone brought up Mushroom Hunters ..... to note those hunters have been our friends the past few years finding MP's. Could be the same for Berry Pickers

PatLaurel and Owutatangledweb like this.
  12. folieadeuxnola

Excellent Work AIP!!!!!!

13. folieadeuxnola

A couple of friends of mine went into the Marine's all went to 29 Palm's, Okinawa, Japan and Albany GA. Unsure where they all ended up after that

AliceInPain, PatLaurel and Al Ka like this.
  14. Owutatangledweb

This young lady was found in 1989 but they said her death could have been two up to ten years earlier. She's referred to as Castleberry Kate. She had a plate for her two front teeth. I'm questioning if it could be Denise. If he knocked her two front teeth out at some point, she could have gotten a plate.

She could also be Mother of MC with that date range.

AZ - AZ - Bullhead City, WhtFem UP11087, 17-19, in shallow grave, May'89

15. Owutatangledweb

16. AliceInPain

They're not on each other's ruleout lists, but "Kate" appears to not have DNA available and Denise doesn't have dentals.

Owutatangledweb and PatLaurel like this.
  17. PatLaurel

PatLaurel Well-Known Member

I just found a newspaper article from February 1990... it's a legal notice list from LA, California. It mentions EH (Marlyse E.H.)... it also has an address. I searched the address and there is also a legal notice from the same time to another woman. EH's surname is misspelled... i wonder if it is the same EH as in Marlyse E. H.?

Al Ka and j_in_c like this.
  18. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

If you are referring to Denise Beaudin, she may not have dentals but she has distinctive dentition they could rule out by photo comparison. Like if the deceased doesn't have a substantial overbite and gaps in the front top teeth, chances are it's not a match.

AliceInPain and Suglo like this.
  19. AliceInPain

Surely noone has ever ruled in or out anyone in any case by comparing a skull to some photos. Unless there was some severe obvious deformation I'd be shocked if they did that. Noone knows for sure how long Denise was missing or what type of dental or medical treatment she had after she vanished. I'm assuming none but LE don't make decisions by assuming. I hope.
    I guess whoever feels strongly about it should submit. There could be other ways to compare. Childbirth usually shows on the pelvic bone. Or maybe Denise had a previous fracture we don't know about.

20. Owutatangledweb

Do you know what the legal notice was for?