NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #4

Is there a thread here for this case? IMO she kinda looks like Denise Beaudin so it's making me wonder if this was TPR as well. He DOES have ties to CO so that would make sense.

Yes! Here's the thread: CO - CO - Walsenburg, HispWhtNtvFem 30-45, UP12447, in frig on road, dental work, poss dreadlocks, Jul'99

I thought the same thing (re: Denise Beaudin), especially given the teeth, but the heights don't match. This Jane doe was 5'9 -6', Denise was much shorter (5'5 ish). Here are the various links for her: Namus, Doe Network, Unidentified Wiki

Yes! Here's the thread: CO - CO - Walsenburg, HispWhtNtvFem 30-45, UP12447, in frig on road, dental work, poss dreadlocks, Jul'99

I thought the same thing (re: Denise Beaudin), especially given the teeth, but the heights don't match. This Jane doe was 5'9 -6', Denise was much shorter (5'5 ish). Here are the various links for her: Namus, Doe Network, Unidentified Wiki
I've also seen stuff about his UID daughter being part Native so that would possibly track if he has a pattern of targeting MMIW.

Additionally there's a double murder/suicide that happened in early '75 that kind of looks like his MO in Nederland TX that I found while researching BBJD - I almost wonder whether he poisoned the guy whose house they found these women at (if it was him) because the MO is so similar and they were found stuffed in the trunk of a car. That's an area that TPR has confirmed ties to in that timeframe as well.

There are a couple things that I wanted to look into in general with TPR that were found on the UID thread for A4 that may transfer over to other murders/activities. It looks like there is a military base in Ingleside where he was living with BBJD's potential mother in '75-76 as well as a large military presence in the Port Arthur/Beaumont area where BBJD's family has a lot of ties. I also have seen potential grandfathers for BBJD stationed at Ft. Bliss, Ft. Huachuca and Holloman AFB which are all other possible areas he could have been during that time frame.

I also want to bring up the fact that he was VERY close to the Rockport/Aransas Pass area - which if you are following the Sherry Jarvis case, you'd know the significance of that - and also close to the TX Killing Fields. I am not saying that he is the one who killed Sherry - I actually think that's highly unlikely given that her COD is kind of the opposite of his MO - but there seem to have been a lot of missing people and UID cases that occurred in that general area and it merits further observation to see whether TPR killed any more people either during his missing years or between '72 and '77.

Hi, I found these interviews with TPR's youngest daughter. They contain two pieces of information that I haven't seen discussed before (I'm new to this thread, but I looked back quite a few posts and didn't find anything).

'I don’t remember my dad being violent or angry': Daughter of alleged Bear Brook serial killer speaks
A daughter's anguish: Her father was the Bear Brook killer

First, she says that she and her siblings remember a half-sister. They call her Anita Moon and believe she was half Asian. Could this really be the unidentified middle child? Calculating back from the other Bear Brook children, the middle child was probably born in 1976. Given that TPR's last contact with his family was in 1976, that seems too late for her to be remembered. In particular since her description in the interview suggest that this half-sister was already a little bit older. Is it a different child, was she older, or are they misremembering?

The other thing is the information that she visited her father at the campground near Bear Brook Park in either 1975 or 1976. That would be a big deal if true, because it would mean he was in the area before that, and under his real name. It's hard to believe, but TPR had a habit of returning to certain areas throughout his run. What do people think about that? Is it believable? I'm torn, as memories can be very elusive, but she does recall a couple of details that suggest her memories are real. Plus, it looks like TPR's other children remember it as well. So I'm not sure what to make of it.

I'm sure this was discussed in these threads already, and hopefully someone was able to give good links to correct info back then.
The family do not call her "Anita Moon", she does.
Everything this woman says in those interviews is :confused::rolleyes:o_O
Hoping someone can put this nicer than me, and also find those links.
TRs other children responded in the FB groups, but they are private so can't share.

You can read the discussion about the youngest daughter's recollections starting at this link. These interviews you found are from June 2019. Her other siblings disputed her story in the Bear Brook Podcasts and on the Bear Brook Victims FB group. Several conversations are happening simultaneously at this link, so you'll need to read quite a few posts to follow the discussion. Hope this helps!

NH - NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00 #2

I'm sure this was discussed in these threads already, and hopefully someone was able to give good links to correct info back then.
The family do not call her "Anita Moon", she does.
Everything this woman says in those interviews is :confused::rolleyes:o_O
Hoping someone can put this nicer than me, and also find those links.
TRs other children responded in the FB groups, but they are private so can't share.

Holy crap. I had my doubts about some of her statements, but she really seems to make up almost everything. Especially since she strongly implies that the name Anita Moon is also used by her siblings. I suspect that she has inherited not only her father's eyes, but also his tendency to make things up about the past.

This is frustrating because it's hard enough to find out about TPR's past without people spouting random nonsense.

Their is a 30 second preview out on the episode looks to be pretty good.
The doe in your signature - Lake Pontchartrain Jane Doe - I have often wondered if she was related to TPR. If he left Lisa and ran, could he have gone to TX or somewhere else and met up with a woman, dumping her in LA? I also read a note that she was pregnant and there might have been two bodies before she was discovered, which makes me wonder if he was disposing of another family loose-end he had created somewhere else.

“I peel back the plastic and I saw the white, you know, I think, I still was second-guessing myself. I had to go back out to my car, get my flashlight, come back in and shine it, and then when I saw the bones,” Cody said.

It was clear the bones belonged to children.

“I think the thing that was really resonating with us that day is the size of the bones,” Cody said.

Testing later confirmed the remains belonged to two female children between 1 and 4 years old.

>> See the full documentary

Today, it’s known that Terry Rasmussen killed the victims, including three identified as his former girlfriend Marlyse Honeychurch and her daughters, Sarah McWaters and Marie Vaughn. The fourth victim, his biological daughter, has not been identified. But before recent years, details in the case were scarce.

Scott Maxwell estimates that he and his sister, Ronda Randall, of Oak Hill Research, have spent 10,000 hours investigating the case.

Thank you for bumping this.
But I don't think he was ever known to use a gun or strangle his victims.
There's another woman, not sure I've posted her here, she was found in 1995 in a "large plastic garbage can" at a dumpsite in North Richmond, very close to where he was believed to have lived throughout the 1990s (Rumrill Blvd). At some point he helped clear out the place and I'm thinking he would have used a nearby dumpsite?
She had dark hair, like his known girlfriends, but he seems to have also liked slim women, and the JD was apparently very overweight.
I'm still wondering though. I haven't found a COD for her.
1559UFCA

I wonder if a flyer or something can be sent to this Pearl River, MS Indian School as the child's ancestry relates to Pearl River Mississippi relatives.

And what do we think about this as a possible mother of the child. :

I actually wonder if this UID should be considered for the mother of the middle child. They believe the UID was hit by a car. Am I recalling correctly that Rasmussen told a story about a mother of a child being hit by a car in Texas? If I recall correctly, he may have said that in reference to Lisa's mother but could have just used the story in reference to Lisa. Perhaps this happened to the mother of the middle child. Just wondering.....

This Saturday 7pm to 9pm KFI 640 is airing a podcast on this case and it will then be on iheart radio (unsolved with Steve Gregory). They told me they would not edit out much-so hopefully this time it will include info on the 1985 Anaheim area victims along with more. To ID the Anaheim area victims in 1985 it is going to take someone remembering a single mother-neighbor/friend or coworker that suddenly moved away and was never heard from again and it probably struck them as kind of odd or out of character. I'm retired now but still keep my hopes up that at least a few more of his victims will be identified.

This Saturday 7pm to 9pm KFI 640 is airing a podcast on this case and it will then be on iheart radio (unsolved with Steve Gregory). They told me they would not edit out much-so hopefully this time it will include info on the 1985 Anaheim area victims along with more. To ID the Anaheim area victims in 1985 it is going to take someone remembering a single mother-neighbor/friend or coworker that suddenly moved away and was never heard from again and it probably struck them as kind of odd or out of character. I'm retired now but still keep my hopes up that at least a few more of his victims will be identified.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back