Deceased/Not Found NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, Oct 2019 *reported missing Dec 2021* Arrest* MEDIA ONLY

AUG 21, 2022
Defense lawyers for Adam Montgomery, the jailed Manchester father of homicide victim Harmony Montgomery, have asked a judge to throw out two police interviews, claiming police ignored his refusals to talk and eventually convinced him to do so.

In court filings, veteran defense lawyer Caroline Smith wrote that police pressed and badgered Montgomery, 32, to speak to them during encounters on New Year’s Eve and Jan. 4, when the search for Harmony was in its infancy.

[...]

Smith also wants any evidence obtained from Montgomery’s Tracfone suppressed.

[...]

The lead prosecutor in the case, Senior Assistant Attorney General Jesse O’Neill, has obtained extensions to deadlines to answer Smith’s motions to suppress. He did not respond to an email seeking comment for this article.

[...]

Smith faults police for holding onto the phone for 31 days before seeking a warrant to search it. And she faulted the warrant for not limiting the scope of the search to conversations between Montgomery and Kayla Montgomery.

Jury selection on the theft and weapons charges is scheduled for Nov. 7. No trial is scheduled for the Harmony-related charges; a status conference is scheduled for Oct. 27.

AG's office questions whether Kayla Montgomery has complied with bail conditions

The attorney general's office has filed a motion asking a judge to require that Kayla Montgomery prove she is complying with her conditions of release.

[snip]

on Aug. 11, Kayla Montgomery was a passenger in a vehicle that was stopped by police for what appeared to be a drug transaction.

On Aug. 22, Kayla Montgomery was located inside a Queen City hotel where police obtained a search warrant after learning she and another person were actively selling narcotics from the hotel room, according to the motion.

On Aug. 24, Kayla Montgomery was a passenger in a vehicle where drug paraphernalia was allegedly found during a search by Manchester police, officials said

SEP 12, 2022

Man describes arrest of Kayla Montgomery at his Manchester home

www.wmur.com
www.wmur.com
[...]

She was arrested Friday at a home on Russell Street in Manchester. David St. Onge, who lives in the home, said he was stepping out to go to the corner store when law enforcement moved in.

"They had U.S. Marshals. They had state police, Manchester police," he said.

[...]

St. Onge said police took his brother away in handcuffs, telling him something about harboring a fugitive.

"I think she deserves everything coming to her," St. Onge said of Kayla Montgomery.

A new bail hearing for Kayla Montgomery is scheduled for 9 a.m. Tuesday at Superior Court.

[...]

SEP 13, 2022
The stepmother of Harmony Montgomery is scheduled to face a judge Tuesday after she failed to appear for a court hearing.

[...]

The arrest warrant was issued after she did not show up for Thursday's hearing, a previously scheduled dispositional conference ...

[...]

The attorney general's office filed a motion asking a judge to require that Kayla Montgomery prove she is complying with her conditions of release. It's not known if this would have come up at Thursday's hearing.

[...]

SEP 28,2022
[...]

The defense said Montgomery repeatedly told detectives he did not want to speak with them, but detectives continued to question him.

"His response to 'he has to tell the officer where Harmony is' was, 'Either arrest me, or I'm leaving. I'm not answering any questions,'" said defense attorney Caroline Smith. "That response was an assertion of his right to silence."

"The question that before you is, should his statements be suppressed?" said Senior Assistant Attorney General Ben Agati. "Well, what are those statements? The only statements there are, 'Do I need to sign this?' 'What is this?' I'm sorry, but those statements are not the product of questioning, regardless of the intent of the officers."

[...]

The first witness to testify Wednesday was Manchester police Detective John Dunleavy, the lead investigator in the Harmony Montgomery case.

[...]

"You're not in any trouble right now that I know of, OK?" Dunleavy said on the recording. "We have no warrants, OK? So, where's your daughter so we can check on her?"

"Right now, I've got nothing to say to you guys," Adam Montgomery said on the recording.

[...]

On Jan 4, he was arrested and taken to an interrogation room where he was read his Miranda rights, according to court documents. A few minutes into questioning, he told police he had nothing else to say, the documents said.

The defense filings said police continued to press Adam Montgomery after he asserted his right to silence.

The judge is taking the hearing under advisement before a decision is made.

[...]

SEP 28, 2022
[...]

In Manchster, NH Police body cam video recorded on New Years Eve 2021 when Adam was first taken into custody, Adam made it clear to responding officers that he would not talk about Harmony.

“People are concerned…” one officer said to Adam Montgomery.

“I’m not talking about nothing. Am I under arrest?” Adam responded.

“No you’re not. Right now you are being detained,” the officer said.

Days later, on January 4th, two Manchester Police Detectives tried again.

[...]

One Detective begged Montgomery for help.

The session ended with Adam Montgomery asking for an attorney.

Det John Dunleavy: “Can you make me a promise? Like man to man. Can you tell me that she’s alive?”

Adam Montgomery: “You’re going to play the same word games that you played with me the other day?”

[...]

Several times during the interview, Adam Montgomery, who was talkative about other things, refused to answer any questions about Harmony’s whereabouts.

Det. Dunleavy: “This isn’t going to stop.”

Adam Montgomery: “I know it’s not.”

Det Dunleavy: “Either get on the bus now or get run over.”

Adam Montgomery: “I got nothing else to say. I want a lawyer with me.”

[...]

Full video: Adam Montgomery case hearing (Part 1)​

Full video: Adam Montgomery case hearing (Part 2)​

Full video: Adam Montgomery case hearing (Part 3)​

Full video: Adam Montgomery case hearing (Part 4)​

www.wmur.com

Body camera footage shows interaction between police, Adam Montgomery

Body camera footage obtained by News 9 Investigates shows the first interactions between Manchester police and Adam Montgomery, the father of Harmony Montgomery, who has not been seen since 2019 and is presumed dead.
www.wmur.com
www.wmur.com

www.crimeonline.com

‘I’m not talking about nothing’: Missing Harmony Montgomery’s Dad Refuses to Answer Questions About Daughter [Court]

Missing New Hampshire girl Harmony Montgomery’s father, Adam Montgomery, was in a Manchester court Wednesday, where interviews were played for the judge, showing him lashing out at a detective who accused him of harming his child. During a pre-trial hearing in connection with a second-degree...
www.crimeonline.com
www.crimeonline.com

Full video of the hearing is embedded in the second article.

OCT 11, 2022

Mother of slain Merrimack boy on witness list for Adam Montgomery's firearms trial

The mother of a Merrimack boy killed last year could be called to testify in the firearms trial of Adam Montgomery next month.

[...]

Dauphinais has been held at the Valley Street Jail since she was arrested a year ago and charged with murder in connection with the death of her son, Elijah Lewis. Adam and Kayla Montgomery are also being held in the jail on charges unrelated to Harmony's disappearance.

Patricia LaFrance, a former county attorney who is not involved in any of the cases, said it's likely Kayla Montgomery and Dauphinais were on the same cell block.

Dauphinais was arrested about a year ago in connection with her son's death. She was indicted in April and plans to plead not guilty. LaFrance said it's possible that her role as a witness in Adam Montgomery's trial indicates she's trying to get a deal.

[...]

LaFrance said it's likely Harmony's stepmother, Kayla Montgomery, and Dauphinais were on the same cell block at times over the past year, but how prosecutors can use Dauphinais' testimony in a firearms trial for a man she is not connected to would be limited.

[...]

OCT 17, 2022

Attorneys for Adam Montgomery seek to block witnesses from testifying

[...]

"They just want a blanket prohibition on Kayla Montgomery testifying," said legal analyst Patricia LaFrance, a former county attorney who is not connected to the case.

LaFrance examined the new motions in Adam Montgomery's firearms case for News 9 on Monday. She said the real mystery is what statements his estranged wife made to state prosecutors about Adam Montgomery and guns.

"It's hard to say because you don't know what's exactly in that statement," she said. "If it's a bombshell statement and it leads the state down all these other roads that the defense simply cannot prepare for, then that is something else entirely."

In the motion to block Kayla Montgomery's testimony, Adam Montgomery's defense team railed against the attorney general's office for a late filing of evidence on the eve of a holiday weekend. The filing included a statement made by Kayla Montgomery in June defense attorneys said they had never seen before that "completely changed the landscape of the gun cases."

[...]

LaFrance said she thinks Dauphinais, who was in jail at the same time as Kayla Montgomery, is likely a backup who would only be called if Kayla Montgomery changes her story on the stand. Her lawyers want to keep her off the stand entirely, but LaFrance said they might not be able to.

[...]

Knew this was going to happen eventually, but I'm physically sick. That poor child. I hope her mother is getting the help she needs. If she's reading this, please reach out to someone. And healing vibes to her brother who loves her so much. Rest in peace beautiful Harmony.

OCT 24, 2022
[...]

Formella said Adam Montgomery faces four new charges: second-degree murder for recklessly causing the death of Harmony; falsifying physical evidence for altering, destroying, concealing or removing Harmony's body; abuse of a corpse for unlawfully removing, concealing or destroying Harmony's body; and tampering with witnesses or informants by attempting to cause his estranged wife, Kayla Montgomery, to testify falsely.

The charges indicate that Adam Montgomery is accused of repeatedly striking Harmony with his fist on or about Dec. 7, 2019.

He waived his arraignment on the new charges, which was scheduled for Tuesday.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back