NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Here's the warrant for Bill Rausch's arrest on felony sex abuse charges. He faces 10 years if convicted of the crime. Victim is asking police to look into his whereabouts in the days following Maura's disappearance."
James Renner on Twitter
View attachment 177977

Could y'all even imagine if it's proven that he was the reason she disappeared. I don't think that's the case, I think Renner reaches at absolutely anything to stay remotely relevant.

Could y'all even imagine if it's proven that he was the reason she disappeared. I don't think that's the case, I think Renner reaches at absolutely anything to stay remotely relevant.

We'll see. However it's probably even more likely Rausch was the reason for her disappearance than some random killer that she ran into in the five to ten minutes inbetween the time the bus driver talked to her and the cops arrived.

His time during those few days should be accounted for and so far I am not sure it has. I do wonder if the police suspect him but have never had enough proof to go anywhere with it. It's hard for them to do anything with this case when they can't even be a 100% sure she is even dead.

We'll see. However it's probably even more likely Rausch was the reason for her disappearance than some random killer that she ran into in the five to ten minutes inbetween the time the bus driver talked to her and the cops arrived.

His time during those few days should be accounted for and so far I am not sure it has. I do wonder if the police suspect him but have never had enough proof to go anywhere with it. It's hard for them to do anything with this case when they can't even be a 100% sure she is even dead.
Very true. I wonder if the Murray's have had any contact with him or his mother in the past few years. Thinking back on what I know about the case, his potential involvement in the disappearance was never really explored. He was always kind of looked at as a victim after questioning.

Very true. I wonder if the Murray's have had any contact with him or his mother in the past few years. Thinking back on what I know about the case, his potential involvement in the disappearance was never really explored. He was always kind of looked at as a victim after questioning.

As far as I know him and the Murray's havn't had anything to do with each other for quite awhile. Maybe not since the first year/years of Maura being missing.

As far as his involvement it would be very easy for him to deny everything and would be very hard to accuse him of anything given that they don't even have a body or any of her possessions. Even if they had cell phone records of him traveling in the direction of Maura in the days/hours leading up to her going missing it wouldn't mean anything if they don't have a body to give them proof that it was a murder situation. If his cell phone activity did hint that he was heading towards Maura and they questioned him about it all he would have to say was something along the lines that she wanted his help in getting away from her family.

Last edited:
Ok you all need to listen to this video. Renner was interviewing two women who worked/socialized with Rausch back in about 2010/11.

It's a doozy. Bill would definitely need to be a key person of interest after what these gals have to say about their experiences with him.

Not sure if this is the situation Renner was tweeting about recently or not but the guy definitely seems like a predator if these ladies are being truthful.

That's all well and good. But that article does not indicate at all where Bill was Saturday, where he was Sunday, where he was Monday, or even where he was Tuesday. All that is clear is that he was in Oklahoma on Wednesday in order to catch a flight.

To officially eliminate him as a suspect you would need to have eye witness accounts that he was where he was supposed to be during that time period.

Has there ever been any eye witness accounts that Bill was indeed in Oklahoma on Sunday or Monday?

Renner apparently looked into it. There was two to three men that provided alibis for Bill Rausch according to the police. When Renner contacted the men they refused to talk about it.

Renner apparently looked into it. There was two to three men that provided alibis for Bill Rausch according to the police. When Renner contacted the men they refused to talk about it.

Hmm. If Rausch ends up going to prison the police definitely need to start looking into him closer regarding Maura's case as well as looking into the people that gave him alibis.

Regarding the video I just linked to above Rausch just flat out assaulted the first woman that talked and though the second woman did agree to have sex with him he acted very controllingly violent during their encounter. It's ok to be like that during sex as long as you have permission to do so but to act that way without permission is a cause for concern. Rausch sounds like a guy that gets off on having absolute total control over women.

This is from Renners blog dated September 19 2016: My Search for Maura Murray: Was Maura with Kate Just Before She Left UMass?

"A year ago, I asked Bill about his alibi. Here's the email he sent back.

As previously discussed with you and confirmed by authorities in NH while I was on the ground searching for Maura after she went missing, I was at Fort Sill, OK the day Maura went missing to include the weeks in advance. The last time I saw her was during the holiday season.

Understanding that you need to confirm, please reference the information below.

- From June 2003-June 2004 I was assigned as the Executive Officer (XO) to Charlie Battery, 1-19th Field Artillery at Fort Sill, OK.

Two individuals who can confirm that I was at work when Maura went missing and that I was unable to leave until the Army gave me permission are:

1. Senior Drill Sergeant Robert Ramos -- assigned to Charlie Battery, 1-19th FA and in charge of operations and all Drill Sergeants assigned to the unit.
2. LT Nate Mayfield -- roommate at the time

Nate Mayfield and Robert Ramos have not returned emails or phone calls asking to confirm."

Interesting to note that BR says this was confirmed by authorities in NH. I wonder if JR did confirm this with the authorities even though he never heard from the CO and Roomate.

This is from Renners blog dated September 19 2016: My Search for Maura Murray: Was Maura with Kate Just Before She Left UMass?

"A year ago, I asked Bill about his alibi. Here's the email he sent back.

As previously discussed with you and confirmed by authorities in NH while I was on the ground searching for Maura after she went missing, I was at Fort Sill, OK the day Maura went missing to include the weeks in advance. The last time I saw her was during the holiday season.

Understanding that you need to confirm, please reference the information below.

- From June 2003-June 2004 I was assigned as the Executive Officer (XO) to Charlie Battery, 1-19th Field Artillery at Fort Sill, OK.

Two individuals who can confirm that I was at work when Maura went missing and that I was unable to leave until the Army gave me permission are:

1. Senior Drill Sergeant Robert Ramos -- assigned to Charlie Battery, 1-19th FA and in charge of operations and all Drill Sergeants assigned to the unit.
2. LT Nate Mayfield -- roommate at the time

Nate Mayfield and Robert Ramos have not returned emails or phone calls asking to confirm."

Interesting to note that BR says this was confirmed by authorities in NH. I wonder if JR did confirm this with the authorities even though he never heard from the CO and Roomate.

In the twitter feed where Renner brought up the arrest warrant someone just yesterday asked him if Bill's whereabouts from Saturday to Tuesday was ever checked out (it may have been someone from this thread because they worded it very similarly to how we have been) and Renner replied by saying not to his knowledge. So it sounds like Renner never has gotten official word from police that Rausch's alibi was checked out

I just now caught up with this thread and was so excited when I first began to read that the family was contacted to appear. My heart actually was beating so fast just hoping that Maura's family was finally going to have her remains located. Then after all the hope and excitement of Maura finally being located after all these years here we are all again at step one. If I feel this upset and sad about Maura still not being located I can't imagine the pain poor Fred and the rest of her family is feeling right now. How incredibly sad for them. Wish someone who knows what happened to Maura would just come forward with what they know. Maura's family deserves to know what happened to her and so does the rest of the world. Someone knows what really happened to Maura. I never believed she just died in the woods. Someone just needs to grow a pair and start talking already. I will continue to pray for Maura's family even if my prayers for them have not been answered or even heard. Just makes me feel so helpless for her family.

As far as the boyfriend goes it should be easy to determine where he was when Maura went missing. He would have had to have been at Fort Sill Monday morning and again on Tuesday morning or his absence would have been recorded. It is not a matter of calling out sick when you are in the military. If he had taken leave it would be easy find out. It would be a matter of military record.

Here is an (admittedly vague) additional alibi for Bill during the searches from one of his professors at West Point: My Search for Maura Murray: UPDATE: Bob McDonald provides further alibi for Bill Rausch

I am not sure what to make of the phone records outside of the “normal” search area during the days after. I can’t imagine what I would do myself in a situation like that, and I don’t know how coordinated the searches were with police and search crews (if there was frequent “downtime”), but it just doesn’t make sense to me that someone would just drive around to various parts of the surrounding states without a very specific plan. If I had suspicions about certain locations, I would go there and know why (and share that info), and if I didn’t, I would do exactly what the experts told me to.

Like everyone I am sorry that it appears the recent search for Maura did not appear to produce any results. Not for me but for her Dad and family who deserve answers so they can perhaps rest a little. I will give the case a bump again with a recent video which features the case along with another one:

His whereabouts were verified, he was nowhere near NH on the day of the disappearance BUT he could have potentially gotten someone to do the job for him.

His whereabouts were verified, he was nowhere near NH on the day of the disappearance BUT he could have potentially gotten someone to do the job for him.

Yeah I think the boyfriend being involved is far more likely than Maura running into a stranger that murdered her in the short time she was out there. Especially after hearing all these new things about the bf that I had never heard before.

I'm really surprised that Fred doesn't suspect the bf anymore than he does and instead chooses to chase down all these crazy rumors that are out there. Then again I guess it's possible he didn't know that side of Bill and also might not want to think that someone who he allowed into his own home had something to do with Maura disappearing.

Yeah I think the boyfriend being involved is far more likely than Maura running into a stranger that murdered her in the short time she was out there. Especially after hearing all these new things about the bf that I had never heard before.

I'm really surprised that Fred doesn't suspect the bf anymore than he does and instead chooses to chase down all these crazy rumors that are out there. Then again I guess it's possible he didn't know that side of Bill and also might not want to think that someone who he allowed into his own home had something to do with Maura disappearing.

These cases are about theories but I think it is more likely a Serial Killer killed Maura than her boyfriend. I would say he is just another person being incorrectly implicated in her case by people like James Renner who in my opinion know slightly less than next to nothing about the case. Again I say I am certain Ralph Jackson was the Connecticut River Valley Killer and that means he stopped committing crimes in 2010 but it is up to others whether they listen or believe me.

These cases are about theories but I think it is more likely a Serial Killer killed Maura than her boyfriend. I would say he is just another person being incorrectly implicated in her case by people like James Renner who in my opinion know slightly less than next to nothing about the case.

I might agree with you if Renner didn't have any women telling him their stories. The fact that he does have women telling their stories about their interactions with Rausch makes it far more unlikely this stuff is simply being made up. These women also are telling very similar stories to each other and unless you want to believe that the women are all acting it really does make Rausch look like someone who could be capable of killing someone who he felt wronged him.

I might agree with you if Renner didn't have any women telling him their stories. The fact that he does have women telling their stories about their interactions with Rausch makes it far more unlikely this stuff is simply being made up. These women also are telling very similar stories to each other and unless you want to believe that the women are all acting it really does make Rausch look like someone who could be capable of killing someone who he felt wronged him.

Thanks the reply. I just do not believe he killed Maura but I might be wrong. As for Renner it might just be me but I have no respect for any of his opinions although I used to like visiting his site and blog for a source of information. It is nothing personal against him as such apart from the fact he is constantly there with his theories which annoy the Murray family. Interesting post.

What I will say and this is not a hard and fast rule but although Serial Killer cases are much rarer the longer a case like Maura's remains unsolved the higher the chances it was a stranger crime as of course these are more difficult to solve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aprilssister94