Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will make sure we get the information represented clearly on the website in the next week or two. There are a lot of different things going on at once and I need some time to get things sorted out. Thanks for your interest and patience!

Can you tell us when the website will be back online?

Has Lori Herbster been proposed on here for Princess Doe? Here's her Charley Project, Namus, and DoeNet! I'm no expert, in fact this is only my second time suggesting a UID match, but those cheekbones are what catch my eye. The height isn't too far off either, not to mention the fact that she disappeared from New Jersey. Thoughts?

Has Lori Herbster been proposed on here for Princess Doe?

That's an interesting prospect if she had traveled after she went missing. I've always wondered if Lori was the skull found in Port Jervis NY. http://doenetwork.org/cases/878ufny.html

I can't get some of the links on the isotope info to come up, but, I saw this girl and it reminded me of the JD here. I don't want to use her name because I'm just speculating and the family seems to be actively looking for her online. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/33753/0/

From post #1

At one time, a woman called NCMEC and said she was working at a local motel (near Blairstown) when the "Princess" checked in - about two nights before she was probably murdered. She did not recall the name, but did recall "Princess" was looking to be a hotel maid and said her father was dentist and that she was a runaway from FL.

The MP report is out of Ohio, but, she went missing from Florida - I didn't find any connection to Arizona (isotope info). The father's obit says he had 5 degrees but doesn't mention dentistry as any of them. Most seem to be related to Theology. He had connections to NYC area, Eastern PA (and Ohio). I can't tell if she was his daughter by birth since the woman he married (per the obit) was some 8 years after her birth. Anyway.....

Age, height, weight, hair color are close.

BlairstownDoe.jpg

AH! Of course I find it after I post.

Princess Doe Likely From Arizona, Spent Time in Long Island Area

By Jaclyn Gallucci on September 24th, 2012

New tests performed on hair and tooth samples taken from the body of Princess Doe, the unidentified young woman found beaten to death in a New Jersey cemetery in 1982, suggest she spent time in the Long Island area prior to her death and was likely originally from Arizona.

Retired Det. Lt. Stephen Speirs appeared on CNN Saturday morning to give an update on the first round of tests investigators hope will lead to Princess Doe’s identity.

“We know that from 10 months to 7 months [prior to her death] she lived in a particular region of the United States which they refer to as Region 1, which covers a good portion of the northeast and some of the mid west,” said Speirs regarding the hair sample testing. “And then at approximately 7 months to 5 months what we discovered was that she was definitely transient. She went from one particular region of the United States to another which is Region 2. And for the last five months she was in Region 2 of the United States which puts her in the northeast area.”

Speirs said one of Princess Doe’s teeth was also sent out for isotope testing, which gave investigators an idea of where she spent her early life.

“We’ve determined that there’s a potential she could have come from the Midwest area meaning, quite honestly, Arizona is what we’re focusing on now,” said Speirs.

Speirs said investigators have also received phone calls regarding Princess Doe’s clothes.

“We’ve gotten phone calls from three separate individuals in the Long Island area,” said Speirs. “When they saw the pictures of the composite, as well as the picture of the clothing, three separate people told us they bought the exact same dress from a dress store in the Long Island area. And we have been focusing our efforts in the Long Island area as well.”

These are just the first round of recently submitted test results that have come back in a new push to give Princess Doe back her name.

In 1999, Princess Doe’s body was exhumed to retrieve DNA from her remains, but forensic science has evolved since then and 30 years later investigators hope that resubmitted DNA will yield more answers.

“Preliminary results from those tests suggest that we may have some trace evidence that does not belong or was not contributed by Princess Doe,” Speirs told the Press in August. “Now, we can resubmit [the DNA] because we can do so many better things now. It’s more advanced so we can take the smallest amounts of trace evidence and be able to develop a DNA profile.”

That means detectives could actually have DNA belonging to Princess Doe’s killer right now, or at the very least, the DNA of someone close to her before she died who might be able to identify her.

“If this evidence does prove to be contributed not from Princess Doe, but from someone other than Princess Doe, then that clearly gives us a person of interest,” said Speirs. “I’ve never been more optimistic than I am now, and I’ve been around the block on everything you can imagine, all over the place, with this case.”

Detectives also released a brand new composite of Princess Doe this past July, using the latest technology from the Smithsonian Institute in Washington, D.C.

The new composite, which police say is the most accurate to date, may give some credibility to the story of one woman who claimed she was in the cemetery when Princess Doe was killed.

A hand-drawn sketch previously created by a forensic artist with the help of Donna Kinlaw, who told police she witnessed Princess Doe’s murder at the hand’s of currently incarcerated convicted murderer Arthur Kinlaw, her husband at the time, bears similarities to the new computer-generated image. Donna also told detectives the woman was from the Long Island area.

While detectives say Arthur had once claimed responsibility for the crime, neither of the Kinlaws’ stories of what allegedly happened to Princess Doe could ever be confirmed.

That's an interesting prospect if she had traveled after she went missing. I've always wondered if Lori was the skull found in Port Jervis NY. http://doenetwork.org/cases/878ufny.html

I can't get some of the links on the isotope info to come up, but, I saw this girl and it reminded me of the JD here. I don't want to use her name because I'm just speculating and the family seems to be actively looking for her online. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/33753/0/

From post #1

At one time, a woman called NCMEC and said she was working at a local motel (near Blairstown) when the "Princess" checked in - about two nights before she was probably murdered. She did not recall the name, but did recall "Princess" was looking to be a hotel maid and said her father was dentist and that she was a runaway from FL.

The MP report is out of Ohio, but, she went missing from Florida - I didn't find any connection to Arizona (isotope info). The father's obit says he had 5 degrees but doesn't mention dentistry as any of them. Most seem to be related to Theology. He had connections to NYC area, Eastern PA (and Ohio). I can't tell if she was his daughter by birth since the woman he married (per the obit) was some 8 years after her birth. Anyway.....

Age, height, weight, hair color are close.

View attachment 96576

AH! Of course I find it after I post.

Looks like she's a new entry in NamUs, reading circumstances, sounds like her sister entered her. I'm not sure why they didn't put DNA available not yet collected. Gonna message the sister to make sure. Beautiful girl.

Circumstances
Eva disappeared from home in Bradenton, Florida, at age 15 in May of 1977. It is believed she ran away and went to Cincinnati. My mother and I reported this to The Bradenton Police Dept. and were assisted by Detective Cummings & Lt. Resch. We have been searching for her ever since. However, I have just learned that Eva's name was never put into a missing persons database. Please help me get her name entered into your database.

I hate to suggest this, but has her family looked at Doe Network?

I hate to suggest this, but has her family looked at Doe Network?

From what I see, it seems her sister is actively searching Does. If she responds, I'll suggest it. I'm surprised her NamUs doesn't say she's missing from Florida, from what I posted above, it doesn't sound certain that she even went to Cincinnati.

Yeah, I saw that too. Several Jane does could be good candidates, tbh. Including Princess Doe. I have a feeling that them submitting DNA is going to solve an old case. Probably from Florida.

Yeah, I saw that too. Several Jane does could be good candidates, tbh. Including Princess Doe. I have a feeling that them submitting DNA is going to solve an old case. Probably from Florida.

I agree. I'm really curious what her story is, if she ran often, how long she stayed away and if she called or wrote home while traveling. They have an actual date of last seen May 01, 1977; so they know when she took off, most likely due to some personal event. She resembles Princess but how to account for 5 years being away, especially if she was the type to regularly check in.

Just found this - tattoo - A cousin reports that Eva did tattoo her ankle, herself, at age 12. Sadly, this cousin does not remember the tattoo and cannot describe it. However, the tattoo may have been small initials. There are no photos of the tattoo

It's been 34 years. Rest in peace, Princess. :rose:
Never forgotten.

I just wanted to bump up for princess Doe. I'm new and her case is one of those I would like to be solved. She deserves to have a name.

I just wanted to bump up for princess Doe. I'm new and her case is one of those I would like to be solved. She deserves to have a name.

Welcome to WS! :wagon:Do you have any ideas on anything in Princess Doe's case? :)

Welcome! :wagon::wagon::wagon:

Not really, but I do have an interesting question that may or may not be relevant to her case. Could some of the uids out there be related to cases where one or more people are convicted of murder, but the victim's body is never found? Particularly those found in remote places.

Bumping up

Also, has anyone else ever wondered why princess Doe's body went undiscovered for days, maybe weeks? She was in a cemetery and an employee found her. A maintenance worker.

Bumping up

Also, has anyone else ever wondered why princess Doe's body went undiscovered for days, maybe weeks? She was in a cemetery and an employee found her. A maintenance worker.

Cemeteries are huge, I never realized it until I actually walked one trying to find a few loved ones in a different cemetery. It's amazing she was found as fast as she was.

Part of the reason she's named Princess is because most of her body was somewhat pristine, apart from the head where the beating had accelerated the decomposition.

I was thinking, could serial killer Christopher Wilder be responsible for her death? I don't know if he was ever in New Jersey, but he liked to stalk girls in malls and Princess Doe was seen by a woman in a mall. And she may have been killed that day ( I'm just speculating on this part) even though the woman said she saw her on July 13, two days before she was found.

Today I was looking at several missing girls on Charley project that I thought might be princess Doe, and I found a few that could be her, but I want more experienced sleuths to look at her. Kimberly Ann Kahler, went missing from Marina del Rey, California in 1980. Maybe it's a little far, but it was 2 years before princess Doe was killed. And Princess Doe was thought to be transient. What does everyone think?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kahler_kimberly.html

Also I wanted to add, was princess Doe even reported missing? /is she on any site? Who knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starrynight8974