Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I was looking at several missing girls on Charley project that I thought might be princess Doe, and I found a few that could be her, but I want more experienced sleuths to look at her. Kimberly Ann Kahler, went missing from Marina del Rey, California in 1980. Maybe it's a little far, but it was 2 years before princess Doe was killed. And Princess Doe was thought to be transient. What does everyone think?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kahler_kimberly.html

I mean, it's possible? However, Kimberly was abou 5'8, and Princess Doe was about 5'2. That's a pretty huge height discrepancy...

I don't think she's on any site, honestly.

Bumping for princess Doe, but also 2 things: First, I have a theory that I really hope isn't true. Is it possible that her family knows she's dead, maybe recognized her clothes or the necklace, but didn't come forward to claim her body? This happened with another girl who I believe was hit by a car and remained unidentified until recent years. Websleuths made the match. The girl's family said they knew she was dead, but didn't claim her body.

The second thing is a question. Was Kathleen Kelly positively ruled out? Last I read here, they said both of their DNA was on file.

Bumping for princess Doe, but also 2 things: First, I have a theory that I really hope isn't true. Is it possible that her family knows she's dead, maybe recognized her clothes or the necklace, but didn't come forward to claim her body? This happened with another girl who I believe was hit by a car and remained unidentified until recent years. Websleuths made the match. The girl's family said they knew she was dead, but didn't claim her body.

The second thing is a question. Was Kathleen Kelly positively ruled out? Last I read here, they said both of their DNA was on file.

It's always possible, especially if her family didn't have money for a funeral or disapproved of her lifestyle, or if they were afraid whoever killed her would come after them, too. There are some other cases where I think something like that might have happened.

I believe Kathleen Kelly has been ruled out if you go back farther in this thread via dna, but she's not in the rule-out list on namus.

Isn't there a famous piece of fiction from the early 20th century where someone is kidnapped and the family doesn't want them back?

It;s perfectly possible that Princess' family did hear about her case and just chose not to do anything, lest they open things they thought best kept shut.

Isn't there a famous piece of fiction from the early 20th century where someone is kidnapped and the family doesn't want them back?

It;s perfectly possible that Princess' family did hear about her case and just chose not to do anything, lest they open things they thought best kept shut.

I'd agree. A lot of the Does go unreported, not necessarily for that reason, but often because the family thinks they could still be alive. Teala Thompson's case is a good example.

There are at least two cases recently around Boston where LE is all but positive the family knows who the deceased person is, but they're afraid to come forward for fear of retaliation by the people who murdered them.

There are at least two cases recently around Boston where LE is all but positive the family knows who the deceased person is, but they're afraid to come forward for fear of retaliation by the people who murdered them.

That's just so sad, Carbuff.

I think she's a little too tall, but her weight is close. But it seems whoever gave the information isn't even sure.

Has the possibility of making a forum just for princess Doe been considered? Like the ones for missing people or other unidentified, like the south Carolina couple. I don't know how they decide who to make one for.

New here, but I can't recall, was the beating the definite cause of death? Or has it been found to have happened post mortem?

Yes. There were defensive wounds on the Princess' arms and hands.

Maybe she wasn't reported missing until later that year? She could have contacted family shortly before her death, which could make it possible that people she knew thought she was busy working, and they didn't think anything of her lack of contact until a couple months had passed?

How likely was this to happen at the time? Has anybody looked at missing persons reported after her discovery?

Maybe she wasn't reported missing until later that year? She could have contacted family shortly before her death, which could make it possible that people she knew thought she was busy working, and they didn't think anything of her lack of contact until a couple months had passed?

How likely was this to happen at the time? Has anybody looked at missing persons reported after her discovery?

Certainly possible.

How likely? Varies case by case. We have missing persons who weren't discovered to be missing until 20 years later, and missing persons who were reported 10 minutes after they were abducted. In some cases there's a more or less definitive event--an arrest record, for instance. But other times it's as you suggested, and yeah, it might be worth looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa