GUILTY NJ - Brendan Creato, 3, found dead in Cooper River Park, 13 Oct 2015

From the Phillyvoice article:

For instance, DJ Creato’s 17-year-old girlfriend, Julia “Julie” Spensky, has said in a social media post made after the toddler’s body was discovered that she “could be facing criminal charges in a homicide investigation.”
The Tumblr post began:
“For the first time in my entire life, I understand what it means to be lonely. Nothing I’ve experienced in the past could have prepared me for this.
“So give me a reason to live; give me a reason to stay. Give me a reason to see it to my birthday. Because I honestly can’t find a reason by myself. I can’t do this; I don’t think I am strong enough.
“I’ve handled **** before, but nothing this serious and terrifying and nerve-racking.
She closes:
“****, I could be facing criminal charges in a homicide investigation. How does a 17-year-old deal with that?”
In another Tumblr post after Creato’s death, Spensky wrote:
“I am possibly a suspect in a homicide investigation. I was advised by my attorney not to speak to anyone about my case. I am alone, I have no one to turn to. I can’t talk to my parents or anyone else in my family, not that anyone knows what happened…
“My boyfriend is in worse trouble than I am and can’t leave the state he’s in, but he has friends and family all around him to cry with and hug and vent to and lean on. I don’t have that luxury.
“I don’t know what to do. I don’t know what to say or where to go or how to handle this situation, but what I do know is that I cannot go to anyone.”
Spensky's attorney, Joseph Sorrentino, declined comment on Wednesday.

I sure hope Julie wasn't in the apartment that night. Her ramblings are odd - as they are focused on HER. But I'll just assume that is due to being a 17 year old. I wonder where her parents are and if they knew she was dating a 22 year old.

I would love to see her Tumblr But haven't been able to find anything with a Google search.

The man with a baby stroller was seen at 7 a.m. going toward the spot in which the body would be found two hours later.

A witness said he thought it was odd to see a person pushing a stroller in that area at that time, and that he told police. The Camden County Prosecutor’s Office hadn’t heard of this account and would like to meet with theman, who was described as “at least 60 years old,” and wearing a yellow sweater, tan pants and glasses. The stroller he was pushing was covered with a blanket.

Creato’s father David, said he had not heard of the mystery man, but also said no stroller was reported missing from David Creato’s home.

http://patch.com/new-jersey/haddon/man-seen-stroller-area-haddon-township-boys-death-reports

The man with a baby stroller is identified as Mark Hoover, and was seen at 7 a.m. going toward the spot in which the body would be found two hours later.

A witness said he thought it was odd to see a person pushing a stroller in that area at that time, and that he told police. The Camden County Prosecutor’s Office hadn’t heard of this account and would like to meet with the witness, who was described as “at least 60 years old,” and wearing a yellow sweater, tan pants and glasses. The stroller he was pushing was covered with a blanket.

Creato’s father David, said he had not heard of the mystery man, but also said no stroller was reported missing from David Creato’s home.

http://patch.com/new-jersey/haddon/man-seen-stroller-area-haddon-township-boys-death-reports

The witness is Mark Hoover, the man with the stroller is still unknown.

Wow! Just wow. I'm baffled that kids can disappear from their beds (couch) and show up dead for no reason at all. I do hope some closure is brought to the parents.

I don't think the 7 am stroller sighting has anything to do with this because the timeline is off. It is too late. Let's say DJ notices his missing son around 530 am, calls gma around 540, she races over, arrives at 6 am, says call 911 while she opens doors, looks in cupboards, behind furniture, etc. DJ calls 911 just after 6 am. If DJ was involved and had the older man wheel his son away, one would think he would've delayed his 911 call.

You'd think some of the sister's classmates would start speaking to the media about the video assignment. If they saw it, they could comment on who else was in it besides Brendan and gpa. If they didn't see it, they could still talk about the purpose of the assignment and when it occurred.

This is just too strange!

I don't think the 7 am stroller sighting has anything to do with this because the timeline is off. It is too late. Let's say DJ notices his missing son around 530 am, calls gma around 540, she races over, arrives at 6 am, says call 911 while she opens doors, looks in cupboards, behind furniture, etc. DJ calls 911 just after 6 am. If DJ was involved and had the older man wheel his son away, one would think he would've delayed his 911 call.

Maybe DJ wasn't involved, Brendan got out of the apartment some time at night, got spotted and picked up by a perp and killed, and that perp wheeled him to the park at 7am. Theoretically possible.

Wow, a lot of developments since I last checked this thread! That video assignment just gave me chills.

:(

This case has left me unsettled, both as a mother and as a NJ resident. I also joined websleuths because of it. I can't believe the article posted earlier about DJ's girlfriend and the YouTube video. Eerie. Poor baby.

I joined WS because of this case too! This is my first post ever on here. I have a 1 year old and these stories make me even more paranoid over him than I already am. Facebook has that "trending story" thing on it now and so many cases about missing and abused children pop up there. It's really depressing to see all the cases. That is how I found WS. I was googling info on a case that had popped up in the "trending" feed on Facebook and I came across this site and thought the discussions were really good so I decided to join the site.

I think it is probably unrelated, and is the guy even right on the time? As odd as it might be to be pushing a stroller before dawn, it's also odd to be mowing a lawn at that time!

Where does the 17 year old girlfriend live in relation to Brendan's dad?

I find it more odd that someone was out mowing at 7am than I do a man pushing a baby stroller at that time. Not saying that the man with the stroller was not involved but I do see lots of people, granted it's usually moms, out walking between 7am-10am with baby strollers here. They do it for exercise. As for mowing so early in the day, I live in Texas and it gets pretty hot here so people usually try to mow their yards early in the day or late in the day during the hottest parts of the year but 7am is still early to be mowing, even in Texas when it's hot. Neighbors tend to get irritated when you mow that early in the morning especially if it's a weekend when people typically sleep in. I am not sure what day of the week this baby disappeared on though. I would assume that it's much cooler in NJ this time of year throughout the day than it is in Texas so I would assume that mowing the yard at 7am in NJ this time of year would not be necessary to avoid the heat of the hottest part of the day.

Also, isn't 17 still considered a minor? Isn't it legal for a 20something year old to be in a romantic relationship with a 17 year old?

This case has left me unsettled, both as a mother and as a NJ resident. I also joined websleuths because of it. I can't believe the article posted earlier about DJ's girlfriend and the YouTube video. Eerie. Poor baby.

I joined WS because of this case too! This is my first post ever on here. I have a 1 year old and these stories make me even more paranoid over him than I already am. Facebook has that "trending story" thing on it now and so many cases about missing and abused children pop up there. It's really depressing to see all the cases. That is how I found WS. I was googling info on a case that had popped up in the "trending" feed on Facebook and I came across this site and thought the discussions were really good so I decided to join the site.

:welcome5: to both of you. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this case.

http://6abc.com/news/officials-no-forced-entry-evidence-at-brendan-creato-home/1044294/

Dad and his parents now have lawyers. LE says no forced entry.

I'm having trouble with the timeline. Why did gma deliver Brendan so late - 10 pm. What was DJ doing before that? He's up pretty early for work the next day - 530ish (my guess) so was he working another job or out or what?

Dad says he went to bed around midnight. What was he doing from 10 pm to midnight? Trying to get Brendan asleep on the couch? That's pretty late for a toddler to be up.

Gma comes over pretty quickly - she's there shortly after 6 am. So that's why I assume dad is up around 530. He makes a quick look around - then calls gma, let's say around 545. In the 911 call, gma is looking in something - but wouldn't you think dad had time to look in every spot in the tiny apt before gma came over?

Why did dad call gma first? Dad wakes up - doesn't see Brendan - so I assume Dad starts scurrying around his tiny apt, maybe peering into the hallway, running down the stairs, opening the outside door - doesn't see his child and then calls gma?? Not 911? That is really really odd.
I have a 1 year old and a 17 year old. Neither really had/have a bedtime. I am a night owl and my 1 year old does not usually go to bed until around 12:30am. He usually sleeps until 10am-noon. I don't put him to bed by 8pm because I am a night owl and I don't want him waking up at 6am-8am since I sleep late too. Also, by him not going to bed at 8pm or earlier it gives my husband a chance to spend time with him in the evenings. Granted I am a stay at home mom so I don't have to get up and go to work unlike Brendan's dad. If I had to get up for work my son would be going to bed much much earlier. My 17 year old didn't have a bed time either (I was also a stay at home mom with her so she would sleep late too with me) but once she started school she started going to be around 10pm.

With all that being said I would have never let my now 17 year old sleep on a sofa while I was asleep in another room and I also would not let my 1 year old sleep on a sofa while I was in another room. I sleep in the 1 year old's nursery on a futon mat on the floor next to his crib actually and I also still check on my 17 year old before I go to bed at night. My husband and I lost 3 babies to miscarriage before we had our son and it has made me hyper paranoid over him. I worried my entire pregnancy I would lose him like I did the other babies and then after he was born my paranoia shifted to things like SIDS. There was no way I could have stood to let him sleep alone in his nursery but I was also too paranoid to co sleep with since some parents suffocate their babies on accident by rolling over on them when they co sleep so that is why he sleeps in his crib and I sleep next to his crib on a futon mat. My husband and I decided not to put the crib in our bedroom since my husband has to get up for work in the mornings and by not having the crib in the master bedroom my husband does not wake up when our son cries. This arrangement has worked out well for everyone involved.

As for why DJ called his mom before calling 911, I would assume it's because he might have assumed that could be where Brendan went. I could have sworn I read somewhere that Brendan's dad and grandmother didn't live that far apart so DJ's first guess might have been that Brendan got out of the apartment and wandered over to grandma's. Not saying that the dad is innocent and I am not saying he is guilty but to me it makes sense that he would have called his mom (Brendan's grandmother) to see if he was there if they live close to each other before he called 911. If that is the case then after he called his mom and she said that Brendan wasn't there it would make sense that she would hurry over to the apartment since no doubt she would have been panicked.

Maybe DJ wasn't involved, Brendan got out of the apartment some time at night, got spotted and picked up by a perp and killed, and that perp wheeled him to the park at 7am. Theoretically possible.

I considered this too, but you'd think the perp would have left signs of sexual assault or trauma. But none were identified.

Plus, that'd be too weird that a toddler just happened to get out two locked doors, and just happened to encounter a murderous perp. Who has no sexual interest and just decides to kill the child, and not leave any signs of cause of death.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/rumors-swirl-disappearance-death-haddon-township-boy/

Interviews with neighbors who have seen DJ Creato and a relative inspecting the site where he was found, saying they were conducting their own investigation. Also, a resident of the apartment building said that he heard an argument outside that evening.

Edited to add, re: the investigators going back to the site earlier this week... I live in the area and heard a rumor that there were tracks (presumably some sort of wheel/tire tracks?) in the area where Brendan was found. I wonder if any of that relates back to the stroller sightings.

I considered this too, but you'd think the perp would have left signs of sexual assault or trauma. But none were identified.

Plus, that'd be too weird that a toddler just happened to get out two locked doors, and just happened to encounter a murderous perp. Who has no sexual interest and just decides to kill the child, and not leave any signs of cause of death.

You're absolutely right. I wasn't thinking straight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saucebat
Back