GUILTY NJ - Brendan Tevlin, 19, shot to death, West Orange, 25 June 2014

I think it's three suspects--Ali Muhammad Brown, Jeremy Villagran, and Eric Williams. The fourth person mentioned @ the press conference killed Cheyanne Bond, a cheerleader in Newark, around the same time, in an unrelated crime.
http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2014/08/bond_tevlin_arrests_shell.html
"Began as a robbery"...
http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2014/08/bond_tevlin_arrests_shell.html
"Three men, including a double-murder suspect from Seattle, were charged...Prosecutors said the suspects robbed Tevlin of several personal items..." "Tevlin was in his grandfather's car heading home...when a car carrying three men pulled up alongside him at a traffic light.West Orange resident Eric Williams, 18, stayed behind the wheel while Villagran and Brown — already wanted for the shooting death of two gay men in Seattle on June 1 — hopped out and surrounded Tevlin's Jeep Liberty, according to authorities.
"He was, at this time, a simple victim of an intent to rob," Murray said.
One of the men had a brief conversation with Tevlin before Brown, who was standing on the vehicle's passenger side, allegedly fired 10 bullets, eight of which struck Tevlin.
Williams and Villagran then fled the scene, while Brown got inside Tevlin's vehicle, moved his body into the passenger seat, and drove to an apartment complex at 275 Northfield Avenue, where Villagran lives, Murray said."
"Brown was taken into custody on July 18 after he was found living in a makeshift tent....Police recovered a gun ...which had previously been linked to both Tevlin's death and the Seattle murders....He was also wanted in a June 29 carjacking in Point Pleasant...Villagran is also facing aggravated assault charges for a separate shooting in Newark, and has been in the Essex County Jail since July 9...while Eric Williams was arrested this morning."

This boy did not stand a chance between these three goons surrounding him and shooting him ten times., eight hitting him. These animals stole a few personal items from him. Can you even imagine?
This violent, senseless act has rocked me to the core. I work with a young lady who is friends with Brendan. My aunt knows his grandparents from Lavallette and this is relatively close to my community. All the wonderful things we have heard about Brendan...they are all true.
Let's just hope justice is served. God Bless his broken hearted family.
R.I.P Brendan Patrick Tevlin...you, young man, are an example of all that is good in this world.

Wow. I'm stunned. I was beginning to wonder if Brendan's (or Cheyanne's) murder would ever be solved, but was trying to be patient. I'm so glad LE caught these felons; so sorry for what happened to poor Brendan. :(

Does anyone know if the video of the two "suspects/witnesses" were the two who fled while Brown tossed Brendan's bullet ridden body in the passenger seat and drove him to the parking lot? (Please forgive me for the graphic words, but I cannot even begin to express how angry this tragedy makes me)

So glad to see arrests in two senseless and tragic murders. I despise these cases where lowlife scumbags take the lives of promising, lovely young people who are just minding their own business. Heartbreaking.

Does anyone know if the video of the two "suspects/witnesses" were the two who fled while Brown tossed Brendan's bullet ridden body in the passenger seat and drove him to the parking lot? (Please forgive me for the graphic words, but I cannot even begin to express how angry this tragedy makes me)
I don't think the men in the surveillance video were any of the suspects. There are photos of all three suspects at this link:

http://thealternativepress.com/articles/ali-muhammed-brown-eric-williams-and-jeremy-vill

So the two productive, thriving, young adults with so much promise are taken too soon. And we as taxpayers are left to support these murderers for decades to come.

Prayers for the families of the victims.

This^^^^just says is all!

Where is the justice in this world?
These dirtbags get to live.

I'm thrilled to see these three degenerates arrested, and hope it will bring some peace to Tevlin's family. Brendan sounds like an amazing person, and his death is a great loss. The articles don't completely explain what happened, and there are some hard questions in the letters section of the nj.com ones. A few others: As MomTheBomb asked, were Williams and Villagran the two people caught on video running? If so, and Brown escaped in the Jeep, what happened to the vehicle they drove up in? If Villagran and Brown "surrounded" the Jeep, and "had a brief conversation" with Brendan, and Brown shot him through closed windows on the passenger side, does that mean Brendan open the driver's window to Villagran? (And then Brown closed it when he parked the Jeep?) Did Brendan know him? How did the much older Brown, wanted for two murders in Seattle, know the other two? Maybe new articles will answer some of these questions.

Where is the justice in this world?
These dirtbags get to live.

Not only do they get to live, but they also get three meals a day, free medical and dental care, free access to as many attorneys as they need, and endless appeals funded by the good citizens of the state.

Well, that's just lovely. Should never have been on the streets again in his miserable, worthless life. Hope the prosecutors are paying attention.

According to this article, from before his recent arrest, Brown only got probation for his role in the bank fraud, and pled down to "communication with a minor for immoral purposes" after being accused of raping a six-year-old. http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Death-penalty-on-the-table-in-Leschi-5595850.php#page-2

To think that the very last thing that Brendan laid eyes on was that ugly mug of Brown is absolutely disgusting. How in God's name was this guy out free with the criminal record he had? This is indicative of what is wrong with our justice system. He rapes a baby of 6 years old and they settle on "communication with a minor for immoral purposes? Something needs to be done to keep these kind of monsters away from our children and the rest of society. Let's just hope this time around he gets punished to the absolute full extent of the law.
R.I.P. Brendan :(

Hopefully Seattle will give him death, too bad NJ does not have the death penalty anymore. We need to fight to bring it back, too many times innocents are murdered because a murderer walks after about 8 to 10 years in this state to kill again. Shocking the scum walking among us due to all the plea deals they allow here.

It's very hard to get the death penalty in Washington state. The state is very liberal by and large, and defense attorneys pull out all the legal stops in attempting to delay justice.

The woman who, along with her boyfriend, murdered six family members on Christmas Eve in 2007 has yet to go to trial. This is a death penalty case and the delays have been immense.

Almost seven years after their arrest, several million dollars already spent, and not even close to a trial.

Another article and...ANOTHER murder linked to Brown. This one in Seattle, in April. Brown reportedly confessed to all four.
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/20...terror_campaign_of_tevlin_murder_suspect.html

Thank you T-Rex for the updates. This article was an excellent, albeit it heartbreaking read.

This snip jumped out at me:

"He wasn’t too tidy," an Ocean County authority said. "He left a few calling cards."

On June 29 — four days after Brendan Tevlin was shot — a placid Sunday morning at the Jersey Shore was disrupted by a commotion outside the Green Planet Coffee Shop at Bay and Arnold avenues in Point Pleasant Beach.

Police say Brown tried to steal a car at gunpoint and took the victim’s wallet. Brown got behind the wheel but didn’t know how to drive a manual transmission, so he fled in a panic, leaving a fat palm print on the stick shift.

I can't help but wonder if there aren't any more victims, yet to be uncovered. :( praying for justice for Tevlin.

:rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back