GUILTY NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest* #2

I agree, two hours is enough time, but this is not a slam dunk case. Obviously working on his car without receipts and for sound issues delaying him an hour for for a meeting with superior is not a great or even a good alibi. IDK why it was released that he could not account for his time, because obviously he did account for his time, poorly. Would have been more honest to say he did not have an alibi that could be verified. Not sure where he ate or if he ate, possibly if he was at the remote golf course then he might have gone to Wendy's, no reciept? The DNa evidence is weaker than anyone would like since nothing else puts him in the apartment at this time.
snip

If they have evidence that contradicts his statement, then that might be why they are saying he cannot account for his time. They have placed his car and his phone at specific locations that don't fit with his story.
It's interesting that he didn't turn to his wife for help when he needed to concoct an alibi. "Honey, I'm in an awkward situation because I told a white lie to my boss about going to the mechanic when I was trying to fix the car myself, and now it's blown up in my face because a woman from work was murdered at that time and I can't verify where I was. Can we just say I popped home for lunch with you and the baby?"
If he had to change his shirt, would he have gone home to do that, or did he have a change of clothes with him?

If they have evidence that contradicts his statement, then that might be why they are saying he cannot account for his time. They have placed his car and his phone at specific locations that don't fit with his story.
It's interesting that he didn't turn to his wife for help when he needed to concoct an alibi. "Honey, I'm in an awkward situation because I told a white lie to my boss about going to the mechanic when I was trying to fix the car myself, and now it's blown up in my face because a woman from work was murdered at that time and I can't verify where I was. Can we just say I popped home for lunch with you and the baby?"
If he had to change his shirt, would he have gone home to do that, or did he have a change of clothes with him?

He wouldn’t be able to use that as an alibi because he lives 45-60 minutes from the office (each way with traffic) so that wouldn’t have left any time for lunch. He must have had a change of clothes on him.

He wouldn’t be able to use that as an alibi because he lives 45-60 minutes from the office (each way with traffic) so that wouldn’t have left any time for lunch. He must have had a change of clothes on him.

It’s 45 miles or 1 hour 15 minutes from his home in Lindenwold to Engine Group @ 902 Carnegie Center, Princeton, NJ. That’s a lot of miles for a 13 year old car.

The fact that he told a co-worker that he freaked out seeing her LICENSE PLATE # is the most incriminating thing so far in this entire case. Who but a stalker would know a co-worker's license plate?! I don’t even know my own. What an insane comment to make! It shows that his thinking is not normal—and killers aren’t normal, so that makes sense. Wow. He's also an idiot like Chris Watts. In fact, he's stupider, which I didn't think was possible. To then admit this to a coworker?! I have no words.

I need to catch up on past 4 days but just read here that an anonymous person contacted the DA office on a comment made 11 years ago. Hopefully they have traced the call. I really wish that person would come clean with who they are and really help this case out. I would think he has always had severe problems with women, even during his 10-11 year relationship with his wife.
What I am wondering is a few days before his arrest we were discussing here the latest police release of info. LE said they were going back to the beginning and the timeline 'just doesn't make sense'. Sounds like prosecutor's are very sure of this sicko's timeline -- the time he left for lunch-- the fact he was driving in Carolyn's town-- and arriving very late back to work for a meeting. Does anyone have an opinion on why the police would have said that about a week ago? Thanks

Prior to KS arrest Prosecutor made comment that he was present at the crime scene the night Carolyn discovered, and he thought the arrest would happen in a couple of days. He also stated timeline was not making sense. These comments were likely made prior to receipt of DNA test results, and maybe awaiting additional cell phone analysis (providing for arrest).

Defense stated at detention hearing on Friday that KS previously refused to answer where he was during lunch because he was embarrassed to tell his supervisor that he works on his own vehicle. (Bogus alibi, of course)...

I think it's also possible KS turned his phone off after texting his dad about auto repair -- setting up his repair alibi before going to Carolyn's apartment and murdering her.

The camera surveillance of his auto near Carolyn's apartment was reportedly taken by a police cruiser, and I believe the evidence solid.

MOO

Last edited:
RBBM ^^

I would think with the victim suffering stab wounds that there would be a chance of the knife slipping during the attack and he would have cuts, slices, on the underside of his hand or wrist, not scratches on his knuckles which is what was reported during yesterday's hearing.

The local paper article says coworkers reported “cuts on his knuckles & hands”.

Also the video footage of a car matching Saal’s was in the vicinity of Hunters Glen @2:04p on June 10.

Assuming newspaper is not msn and why you did not provide link. Maybe you you can paraphrase if any new info reported... Thank you.

I don’t think the local paper West Windsor & Plainsboro News is available online. It’s delivered by mail to town residents. The headline is Co-worker charged in Hunters Glen murder. I will see if I can take a decent photo to upload.

There is no link, it’s a local paper we get in the mail. There was no new information. I was just surprised to see it in the paper.
Really pleased to see local community news was broadcasting details of KS arrest after locals kept in the dark for months. No doubt efforts by locals that kept inquiry alive responsible for community news reporting.

If that was his car at 2:04pm in Plainsboro, KS doesn't reemerge at work until 2:52pm, gives him a half hour to buy clothes clean and return to work.
wounds would have been fresh... still bleeding, did he wrap it up?

Last edited:
Would the criminal complaint that was filed with the court be available to the public?

Unfortunately, public access to NJ criminal records are only available once defendant convicted/sentenced in Superior court.

Hopefully a local media outlet will privately access and publish the information for us sooner than later.

Criminal Cases: PROMIS/Gavel Public Access

The fact that he told a co-worker that he freaked out seeing her LICENSE PLATE # is the most incriminating thing so far in this entire case. Who but a stalker would know a co-worker's license plate?! I don’t even know my own. What an insane comment to make! It shows that his thinking is not normal—and killers aren’t normal, so that makes sense. Wow. He's also an idiot like Chris Watts. In fact, he's stupider, which I didn't think was possible. To then admit this to a coworker?! I have no words.

I agree, how would he know her license plate unless he had been watching/stalking her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NebulasShift
Back