NJ NJ - Carolyn Majane, 15, Moorestown, 22 Aug 1975

Also Lorraine Herbster is missing since 1979 from Westampton NJ

Also Lorraine Herbster is missing since 1979 from Westampton NJ

Westampton is about 5 minutes from my work. Westampton backs up against a very rough 'ghetto' called "the Gardens"...or at least it did,the ghetto is since been torn down and is empty,but back in 1979,it was alive and well. Some seedy characters over there for sure. Without knowing any details of Herbster's case, that is the first thought that came to mind.

Majane's town of Moorestown is about 15 minutes from my work. Its a historic and well to do town with very little crime and high incomes,beautiful homes. It always has been.

Margaret Ellen Fox (don't know how to link yet) has been missing sine '74 or '75.

She was told to meet someone (for a babysitting job) on the corner of Mill and High St. in Mount Holly NJ.

That corner going west ( I think) will take you onto Marne Hwy which in turn puts you smack in the middle of Moorestown.

Just wondering if any connection could be made.
:waitasec:

Again, Mill St in Mt Holly,NOT the best area,and it backs up to the "gardens' ghetto....lots of shady people. Mt. Holly & Westampton are right next to each other and Moorestown is 15-20 minutes away....Mt Holly & Westampton are middle class areas with seedy parts, Moorestown is a rich well to do area with great schools,nice homes,low crimes. Was previously voted 'best city to live in'

'74

'75

'79

hmmm...same area.....just wondering if they all could be connected somehow.

'74

'75

'79

hmmm...same area.....just wondering if they all could be connected somehow.

I was between 3 & 8 years old for these cases,so I dont really remember these cases. They could be related certainly, but who knows.

I went through the Tarnsfield area yesterday. In reference to Lorraine Herbster, I could see why the friend would have dropped her off at the entrance to her neighborhood IF he was continuing on Rancocas Road IMO.

My goodness there are still a lot of wooded areas around there still. Also , on the other side of Rancocas Road is the reservation land.

As to the "gardens" area being involved, neither Margaret Fox or Lorraine Herbster were near there . Also in the 70's that area hadn't declined as it was in the 90's (IMO)(MOO).

I went through the Tarnsfield area yesterday. In reference to Lorraine Herbster, I could see why the friend would have dropped her off at the entrance to her neighborhood IF he was continuing on Rancocas Road IMO.

My goodness there are still a lot of wooded areas around there still. Also , on the other side of Rancocas Road is the reservation land.

As to the "gardens" area being involved, neither Margaret Fox or Lorraine Herbster were near there . Also in the 70's that area hadn't declined as it was in the 90's (IMO)(MOO).

Have to respectfully disagree, one of the victims over near Mill St in Mt Holly...Mill St is a hop & skip from the Gardens(a mile if that). That area was ALWAYS the ghetto(I knew somebody that lived there in the 70's and 80's). I dont know what the crime was like back then in the gardens,since I was a kid and didnt care about that stuff or know about it,but it WAS always a ghetto

Did LE ever locate the people who threw the party or some of the kids who attended? Did anyone come forward about the party?

Unfortunately, there are so many missing clues, because her remains were found after a decade went by. There is no DNA from a perp and no cause of death. She must have gone to a party where she didn't know anyone. Did anyone see her at a party? Did kids come forward and tell LE that there was a party in the vicinity of where her body was found? Seems like the last time she was spotted was when she was seen with 2 younger girls. Did these girls go to the party?

The party was at Ken Long's house. He lived on Main Street. There were some reports of Carolyn being seen outside the house. She was never confirmed to be inside the home.

If this innocent person who gave Carolyn a ride home knows what happened, why not go to the police?

What is the purpose of posting this? So this person, knows someone who knows something but won't say anything? I'm really upset right now and don't understand the point of posting something like this. If you truly know someone who knows what happened how can you NOT make them come forward?

Or how about an anonymous phone call to police? Then they could check it out to see if there is any validity to it

She didn't know her two good friends weren't going to be at any parties that night. Maybe she just assumed they were and was trying to find whichever party they were at so she could meet up with them? Maybe that is why she kept being seen near places, but not really at places? She would ask people leaving or whatever if they'd seen her friends and when they hadn't she continued looking?

I just think perhaps there is a reason none of the other kids seem to know anything. The two girls who knew her best weren't around. So, she was hanging around some other girls or whomever else was around... basically people she might not have known as well. And who may not have really known her or bothered to wonder why they lost track of her that night until she came up missing. But, maybe none of them saw her go.

That person who drove her to the party though.. that is very weird. Does this mean she said something then that became chilling later or if the person heard something after she disappeared?

I hope someone who knows something offers a clue.

The Morristown police might have investigated as best as they could or as best they knew how to do. They may have assumed if she was hurt or murdered she'd be found quickly even though many murder victims aren't found (and they can't all be runaways to California).

It could be with it being a low crime area, they just didn't know what to do with a case like this. Someone hopefully will look at this case who knows about homicide and knows how to cut through a lot of vague statements to see if there is any usable information there at all.

I wonder if her father specifically mentioned that she was a bit snobbish did so to put an end to the idea she went to California to be a flower child. A kind of snobbish girl who like to pal around with rich people certainly would not chose to do that. Especially on her own with only what she had with her that night. P.S., I am not calling her snobbish. I do not know her. I'm only thinking of why he may have said that.

What is the purpose of posting this? So this person, knows someone who knows something but won't say anything? I'm really upset right now and don't understand the point of posting something like this. If you truly know someone who knows what happened how can you NOT make them come forward?

The message board has been taken down. I do not understand why a person would say this and not do anything about it.

This person possibly did contact authorities. This is an open case and the public would not be informed of any tips or information.

38 years ago today Carolyn disappeared and something tragic happened. What happened on that night 38 years ago is still a mystery. This is one of the oldest open homicide cases in NJ.

It has been mentioned in other threads that there was a series of young girls disappearing in Maryland and Pennsylvania throughout the spring and summer of 1975.

A possible suspect in those disappearances and in the murder of another young Maryland girl, Kathy Lynn Beatty, age 14 - was a man named Fred Howard Coffey, Jr.

Coffey had been convicted of raping a 13 year old girl in Virginia Beach in 1974 and of "contributing to the delinquency of a minor" with a 15 year old girl in Norfolk, VA in October 1975. He worked for Vitro Laboratories in Wheaton, MD from April 1975 until he suddenly left in late July 1975 immediately following the attack on Kathy Beatty.

By a coincidence Caroline Majane was from the same place as Kathy, prior to moving to New Jersey. Was Coffey in New Jersey on 22 August 1975?

Hes dead now, died in 2002.

Born October 1, 1946
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States

John Brennan Crutchley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
His departure from Kokomo came after an investigation was made by plant security into missing materials. He later moved to fairfax county virginia in the mid-1970s and remarried. He worked for several high-tech firms in the Washington, D.C. area, including TRW, ICA and northrop grumman. At about this time, several teena...org/wiki/Palm_Bay,_Florida"]Palm Bay, Florida.

Mere - thank you for your effort to keep attention to this case. I was a child when Carolyn Majane disappeared. Her brother was in my elementary school class at the time. I remember, even as a child, being very confused when the family moved away back to Maryland so soon after moving to Moorestown and and so very soon after her dissapearance. I thought at the time that she would not know what to do when she came home to find her family no longer there. I also remember when her remains were found. It was so unsettling to know all those years she was right there....10 minutes away. So sad. Her parents are aging as are we all....I pray anyone who knows anything will come forward so that her family can have answers. She was just a kid - 15 years old. So sad.

Reactions: sub

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back