NJ NJ - David Anderson, 31, New Hope, 2 Oct 2000

Friends say they do not need toxicology reports to confirm that Anderson was drunk the night he was last seen.

http://articles.philly.com/2000-10-02/news/25588201_1_spillway-friends-accidental-death/2

What is drunk? And he is drunk and you let him walk out of the bar across a bridge alone? To me that says, yes he was drinking but was still pretty okay. Especially since he had the where with all to come back for his umbrella.

I would love to know the resolution. I can not find one article that give shi BAC at the time.

In the original article from 2000, it states that one of DA's friends had a website dedicated to his "mysterious" death. It is no longer available. It would be great if someone local could ask around, maybe find that friend, so we could have access to some of the things that were noted back then.

If we could get our hands on the original website created by Dave's friends... It could be a wealth of information...

JMO

What is drunk? And he is drunk and you let him walk out of the bar across a bridge alone? To me that says, yes he was drinking but was still pretty okay. Especially since he had the where with all to come back for his umbrella.

I would love to know the resolution. I can not find one article that give shi BAC at the time.

I guess that would depend on how much to drink the person making a statement about another persons consumption had to drink

The above statement says to me that friends believe he had a lot to drink/was drunk.

As far as letting him leave alone?
A lot of bad decisions are made under the influence

Found a picture of Dave Anderson. But I can not edit first post..

DaveAnderson_zpsff45657b.jpg

Taken a week or so before he died.

If we could get our hands on the original website created by Dave's friends... It could be a wealth of information...

JMO

IMO it would be a great wealth of opinion

I would be more interested in any and all information that LE had.
Why was the autopsy inconclusive?
Surely they know if he drowned or not

I am hoping some of DA's friends and love ones will find their way to this thread to enlighten us on the events surrounding his death!

:please:

Found a picture of Dave Anderson. But I can not edit first post..

DaveAnderson_zpsff45657b.jpg

Taken a week or so before he died.

Thank you!

what a handsome young man...

and it is on the first page!

Good work, Pirplegrl!

:smile:

I would be more interested in any and all information that LE had.
Why was the autopsy inconclusive?
Surely they know if he drowned or not

Oh yes...

LE information would be invaluable...

It will be interesting to see how much information they will release!

Maybe Flutterflies son will be able to retrieve some of LE's info since it is for a class...

Not to mention you terrific WSers... And your fact finding skills! :great:

I have found a few of dave's friends active on another site. One says he has a memorial tattoo for him, So they must be close. I am going to try and contact him and see if he will join us here.

Do we know the classification of David Anderson's case. I saw where Pirplegrl said it is not a cold case. That is puzzling.

If it is a cold case, I would like to get the file for a criminology course case study.

Can a local get me an email address/contact person of the LE agency who would have this case file. I can start communicating to check on status and go from there.

Left without official answers, Anderson's friends have theorized their own:
A jilted lover. A mysterious woman seen peering at funeral goers. A stalker.

Lambertville police have little reason to believe the death was anything but an accident, Detective Michael Bozsolak said.

http://articles.philly.com/2000-10-02/news/25588201_1_spillway-friends-accidental-death

I will be here daily because of this statement. :twocents:

Have little reason to believe? Hey, every death deserves a complete investigation. Was this even investigated as in toxicology screen?

I want to know David's blood alcohol level!

Do we know the classification of David Anderson's case. I saw where Pirplegrl said it is not a cold case. That is puzzling.

If it is a cold case, I would like to get the file for a criminology course case study.

Can a local get me an email address/contact person of the LE agency who would have this case file. I can start communicating to check on status and go from there.

And Anderson's death was believed by authorities to be an accident, according to The Inquirer's article from the time. Efforts to reach investigators from that case were unsuccessful.

http://articles.philly.com/2013-01-29/news/36637965_1_sarah-majoras-surveillance-photos-authorities

If it was ruled accidental, wouldn't it be a closed case?

Yes, but isn't that what this is? We take what we know and try to make sense of it. The great benefit of that site, if still available, is that it is information collected at that time. It is much better than asking people about it now and relying on their recollection of the time and events.

I did not say it was not a cold case, I was just wondering what classification it belongs to on here.

As of the last report I see that it was labeled as an undetermined death. That is not necessarily accidental. I think people think it was accidental but the last report I read is that it was undetermined in report.

Yes, but isn't that what this is? We take what we know and try to make sense of it. The great benefit of that site, if still available, is that it is information collected at that time. It is much better than asking people about it now and relying on their recollection of the time and events.

Yes of course it is
But rumour and speculation must be addressed as such
We also need to look at the facts in a case

There are reasons (I hope) why LE did not find this death suspicious
There are a lot of facts missing

Friends can tell you about state of mind, habits, personal experiences, but they were not present when this man died

Yes of course it is
But rumour and speculation must be addressed as such
We also need to look at the facts in a case

There are reasons (I hope) why LE did not find this death suspicious
There are a lot of facts missing

Friends can tell you about state of mind, habits, personal experiences, but they were not present when this man died

Maybe they did find his death suspicious, Who knows? Who knows how much of a priority it was? He was at a bar and found in the water the next day. It may have seemed cut and dry then. .But now? It definitely has connections to another death.

Maybe they did find his death suspicious, Who knows? Who knows how much of a priority it was? He was at a bar and found in the water the next day. It may have seemed cut and dry then. .But now? It definitely has connections to another death.

If they found it suspicious, they did not say that (LE) in anything I have read

Am I to assume that you don't think LE did a good job in investigating this death? What do you base this on?

There are connections but again, according to LE, coincidence

Look, I don't know what happened , but I like to work with facts and links

You may be absolutely right, both deaths could be murder
Other than speculation and huge coincidence, There is not much to suggest foul play. Local LE is not suggesting foul play or connection at this time

I did not say it was not a cold case, I was just wondering what classification it belongs to on here.

As of the last report I see that it was labeled as an undetermined death. That is not necessarily accidental. I think people think it was accidental but the last report I read is that it was undetermined in report.

Oh, I see. I vaguely know what you are talking about.
I have seen all the categories on the main pages.
So you had to figure out which category on WS to start David's thread in.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Undetermined does not equal accidental, imo.
Undetermined, imo, means they did not have
enough information to come to a conclusion

All I have seen is undetermined, like you mentioned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back