AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehhh... my 100lb dog never had trouble fitting in the backseat with car seats, he'd just lay on the floor, or sit up front with me....
She doesn't look very big and she is five months pregnant, she may have felt she couldn't control him on the leash if he decided to run. Her brother may have been with her on other times the dog went to the park.

@ msmarple — on sept 21 you wrote in a different thread that you had read that she was seen at the park the Friday prior. I also read that but can no longer find any news article stating that fact… You didn’t keep a copy of the article did you? I’d like to reread it…

I know it’s a lot of footwork… But I think police should’ve asked for pictures and videos from Friday afternoon to Monday afternoon… maybe she was seen with the dog and perp was able to say he saw the dog ...or saw mom...and heard her name and identified her by it. Maybe he had heard Dulce play Elsa the Friday before and told her he’d get her a dress. Trying to figure out why she went so willingly. I had also read that Manuel was crying because he “wanted to go with them”. Can’t find that either. Anyone save that or confirm that you read it as well ?

@ msmarple — on sept 21 you wrote in a different thread that you had read that she was seen at the park the Friday prior. I also read that but can no longer find any news article stating that fact… You didn’t keep a copy of the article did you? I’d like to reread it…

I know it’s a lot of footwork… But I think police should’ve asked for pictures and videos from Friday afternoon to Monday afternoon… maybe she was seen with the dog and perp was able to say he saw the dog ...or saw mom...and heard her name and identified her by it. Maybe he had heard Dulce play Elsa the Friday before and told her he’d get her a dress. Trying to figure out why she went so willingly. I had also read that Manuel was crying because he “wanted to go with them”. Can’t find that either. Anyone save that or confirm that you read it as well ?

My post #183 in Thread #2 referenced the woman who claimed she saw Dulce at the park Friday and that post also has a link to the article.
AMBER ALERT - NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

I'm not positive there are security cameras all over the place. Most of the main road (Mayor Aiken Drive) that cuts though the park north and south is wooded.

Google Maps

Basically 3 ways to exit from the area behind the buildings near the playground, IMO if that's where the vehicle was parked. Seems the most likely place.

1) Burt St - Red SUV seen on camera there, so likely not taken.

2) Babe Ruth Drive to Scholastic Drive - passes back of high school, so high
likelihood of cameras. Again, not a good choice.

3) Babe Ruth Drive to Mayor Aiken Drive - north bound on MA Drive is all
woods ands passes the zoo and then Sunset Lake area. Probably cameras at
the zoo to protect the animals, but do they face the main road? Left on Park
shows still wooded areas.

Not totally impossible for a vehicle to leave the area without showing up on surveillance video. And there are lots of back ways, neighborhood streets to cut through to get to a main way out - route 49 (E-W) or route 77 N-S), to name a couple.
I thought there was early reference to Wal Mart cameras as well?

On fb its getting a little hot with her kinda inconsistent stories and focusing on telling the public of her innocence. This mirrors a case we had just this year in Millville where a mom told the police she got jumped and they ran off with the stroller her son was in. The community rallied so hard even though that makes zero sense considering it was broad daylight in a busy part of town.

Well then the police said they'd be checking the surveillance cameras from businesses in the area and brought in dogs. Well, she folded when they found some of his remains in a purse she buried under the shed and the rest she had tried to burn inside the actual house.

Some people had already expressed doubts because random jumpings don't happen and why would they take the stroller but she apparently had her other son with her too.

And here we are, with a scenario that details are being added as time goes on. Kids don't just get taken around here. Well besides custodial interference.

It's just so puzzling. There are a lot of boots on the ground from civilians. Some searching the day of into the morning hours of the next day. There was fast action from the community.
Its good to hear that people are involved and questioning the overall situation as I agree with you that the shifting details and timeline are hard to understand on the surface.

LE silence in a missing case sometimes happens but given that we saw such a vocal LE from the beginning of this case that the switch to 'radio silence' is quite concerning.

As you pointed out the job for LE to completely check out the story and the family details given the size of the extended family is huge so perhaps that is why there is radio silence too.

IDK but its concerning to see a 5 yo just vanish into thin air and then here zip from LE for so many days!

Ok, lets try this. Have there been any other single or multiple attempted abductions of children as far North as NY, South as far as VA and West as far as Ohio that have a reported actor that matches the age and description of our "suspect"? A group of like events are called a statistical anomaly. We should be looking for these that meet our current criteria. If there are none, this may be a single actor who as some folks say, has a cooling off period between events, or this was a purpose based abduction with Dulce as the main target for reasons yet to be known.
I believe some folks have posted earlier about some recent cases. We also have the info about the LE releases from jail/custody of non documented individuals and how one was from Cumberland County and was originally charged with sexual assault of a minor I believe. The ICE list of 54 individuals was posted on an earlier thread here as well.

On Thursday evening, investigators paced the park, bustling with pick-up basketball games and after-school energy. Lula Suggs watched as two girls, not much older than Dulce, shrieked with glee as they spun on the creaking play equipment.

Suggs, who works with the Vineland Youth Advocate Program, said she brings her kids to the park regularly, and saw Dulce playing there last Friday.
Search for Dulce Maria Alavez, missing 5-year-old New Jersey girl, continues as family pleads for help

BBM

I think that’s an excellent idea- to ask the public for personal videos at the park from that Friday. That never occurred to me, but it is definitely possible that the perp had been “scoping” at the park. Heck, even videos from the past week or so leading up to the abduction. Wish LE would ask that anyone who filmed video or took pics at that park for that timeframe send them in.

MOO.

new around here and not sure if this has been mentioned at all yet (there is a lot of material to cover on these threads!), but I am in the Philly suburbs, about an hour drive from Bridgeton... in the past several days, there have been several attempted/alleged child lurings in our area (5 incidents as of this morning - 5th Child Luring Incident Reported In Delaware County) and I also saw that there were two reported incidents in Princeton, NJ as well in the past week or so.

Not sure if that is significant at all (does this happen all the time and I'm just hyper-aware right now?!... it most certainly is significant/unusual news around here in my neighborhood... is this even close enough to Bridgeton to make it significant? I have no idea but wanted to throw it out there to all you sleuths anyway!)... seems like every incident involves a different person/vehicle make/model...

Wow! I shared a related article last night, and it was 3 or 4. Disturbing that it is now FIVE.

It seems to be approximately an hour's drive? Something to keep in mind, IMO.

BBM

I think that’s an excellent idea- to ask the public for personal videos at the park from that Friday. That never occurred to me, but it is definitely possible that the perp had been “scoping” at the park. Heck, even videos from the past week or so leading up to the abduction. Wish LE would ask that anyone who filmed video or took pics at that park for that timeframe send them in.

MOO.

It does sound like something that should be done. Having the info that we have.

So—what info could LE have, rendering it all useless and non relevant? That they are quiet and not asking the public for anything speaks volumes.

Maybe they found her coconut ice cup. Maybe van was a rental and they are keeping quiet until they figure it out. Maybe something (clothing) item was recovered. Something is being held tight to their chests. Just wish they’d give us something. An area/idea to place our efforts.

Thanks! I don’t know how I missed that. I wonder why she remembered Dulce from the Friday prior. Maybe they were the only two families there?

From the article, it reads as though Suggs a may have two girls close in age to Dulce? I would guess the kids played together or interacted somehow, the way little kids often do when they're on a playground.

Plus, if Suggs works as a child advocate, she probably notices and remembers details about kids more easily than the average person who does something else for work.

From the article, it reads as though Suggs a may have two girls close in age to Dulce? I would guess the kids played together or interacted somehow, the way little kids often do when they're on a playground.

Plus, if Suggs works as a child advocate, she probably notices and remembers details about kids more easily than the average person who does something else for work.

Yes! Good point. I’m can only imagine how valuable her statement must have been. Offering insight/observations relating to the families level of comfort at park, communication language, shyness level, ability to interact with peers, apparent relationship with mom, dogs personality...list goes on and on.

BBM

MOO.
Considering she was disappeared within a short time after arrival, it would seem the Perp had been stalking, or knew their schedule well.

I have all sorts of hinky alarms going off as it relates to this case.

Amateur opinion and speculation

It does sound like something that should be done. Having the info that we have.

So—what info could LE have, rendering it all useless and non relevant? That they are quiet and not asking the public for anything speaks volumes.

Maybe they found her coconut ice cup. Maybe van was a rental and they are keeping quiet until they figure it out. Maybe something (clothing) item was recovered. Something is being held tight to their chests. Just wish they’d give us something. An area/idea to place our efforts.

I think going back for pictures or video from the Friday before when she was seen in the park is a good idea as well. The park area is not an easier place to navigate unless you are familiar with it. For it to be the "perfect place and time" for a stranger abduction seems almost impossible. The idea a stranger had checked it out in advance and returned, seems more likely.

The silence and lack of updates give hope that there is much behind the scenes work being done. There was a murder of a midget football coach in Millville last summer that had video of the getaway car, but it was 2 months before any arrests. During that time there were not much updates to the media.
It was a pretty sad situation where the coach was shot in a middle school parking lot just after practice with a crowd of parents and little kids nearby.
I do not recall mention of it being gang related, but it had a lot of gang like connections with drugs, dog fighting rings, conspiracy charges. This was a very violent crime in front of 5, 6, 7 year old kids and the sense of safety was destroyed.

The County Prosecutor really came out about this and another case to help solve the crimes. We just can hope she is working just as hard and will deliver the truth about what happened, where is this little girl.

I think going back for pictures or video from the Friday before when she was seen in the park is a good idea as well. The park area is not an easier place to navigate unless you are familiar with it. For it to be the "perfect place and time" for a stranger abduction seems almost impossible. The idea a stranger had checked it out in advance and returned, seems more likely.

The silence and lack of updates give hope that there is much behind the scenes work being done. There was a murder of a midget football coach in Millville last summer that had video of the getaway car, but it was 2 months before any arrests. During that time there were not much updates to the media.
It was a pretty sad situation where the coach was shot in a middle school parking lot just after practice with a crowd of parents and little kids nearby.
I do not recall mention of it being gang related, but it had a lot of gang like connections with drugs, dog fighting rings, conspiracy charges. This was a very violent crime in front of 5, 6, 7 year old kids and the sense of safety was destroyed.

The County Prosecutor really came out about this and another case to help solve the crimes. We just can hope she is working just as hard and will deliver the truth about what happened, where is this little girl.

Thank you for the on ground description. I’ve watched Aerial views but I’m clear across the country and not getting the greatest feel for the land layout or amount of students and visitors that might be there on any given day . I sure hope if they believe the weeks prior Video/ photos would help, they’d ask. It does make logical sense that this was a place the suspected perp should have been familiar with.

I’m also very happy to hear how seriously this prosecutor takes her cases. My optimism shattered and my heart sank when I heard her refer to “Dolce” continually. Then when asked she said “I’m not sure if it’s Dulce or Dolce” (paraphrasing) I think that really hurt any potential community involvement and was very insulting and offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member