NJ NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted @ Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland Co, 16 Sep 2019 #7

I haven’t heard a peep or read anything online except the prosecutors office putting up the same old poster every once in a while on their website. I don’t see how putting up the same poster with the same picture and the same info (call the office with any tips) will keep people interested. They don’t even add any words to the post itself. It feels very much like a cold case to me.

Ok, I wasn’t on WS much when this precious child went missing, so I’ve just started to dig into the early threads, and I’ve just watched the Dr Phil episode, so I am familiar with the basics of this case, and yes I’m still going to bulldoze through the rest of the previous threads still...what I’m wondering in the present time, what are all y’all’s theories, if you’ve followed this from the beginning?

Really curious. TIA

Ok, I wasn’t on WS much when this precious child went missing, so I’ve just started to dig into the early threads, and I’ve just watched the Dr Phil episode, so I am familiar with the basics of this case, and yes I’m still going to bulldoze through the rest of the previous threads still...what I’m wondering in the present time, what are all y’all’s theories, if you’ve followed this from the beginning?

Really curious. TIA

I believe the general consensus is poor Dulce was abducted, possibly by a stranger, with a chance it was someone known to her or her family. That's what I've picked up on here, anyway.
I'm leaning toward stranger abduction, but I can't shake the feeling she may have run off into the woods and hasn't been found yet. I've never been there, but looking on Google Maps, the area surrounding appears to be heavily wooded. My observation may be wrong, so for that, I apologize.
<modsnip> I'm amazed at how many children (and adults, too) are found in an area that had been searched multiple times, including canine searches. Not searched once or twice, by upwards of five times or more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the general consensus is poor Dulce was abducted, possibly by a stranger, with a chance it was someone known to her or her family. That's what I've picked up on here, anyway.
I'm leaning toward stranger abduction, but I can't shake the feeling she may have run off into the woods and hasn't been found yet. I've never been there, but looking on Google Maps, the area surrounding appears to be heavily wooded. My observation may be wrong, so for that, I apologize.
<modsnip> I'm amazed at how many children (and adults, too) are found in an area that had been searched multiple times, including canine searches. Not searched once or twice, by upwards of five times or more.
<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>I know I am not up to current at all, but where I am now, I feel like the family has a strong idea who has Dulce unless this is pure stranger/target of opportunity, random guy saw her, took her, and drove off with her. If a stranger took her for nefarious reasons then she could be anywhere, including still in that park somewhere, I agree.

I’ll know more as I catch up. Thanks for answering Alleykins!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know if there’s a general consensus among WSers on this particular case. It was handled differently from the get-go in my opinion. That is all I’m going to say.
Thank you WildOrchid! Don’t want you typing anything you’ll regret. I’ve reworded three posts already today. Appreciate the response.

I don’t think Noema was involved. I think I wrote earlier on this - she always struck me as very young, very pregnant, and probably depressed but not a criminal mastermind. I also don’t see Casey Anthony-type motives here - Noema’s kids were living with Noema’s parents.

I hope this was a planned abduction by a relative - someone who wanted Dulce and is providing a loving home. I vacillate between that and a random stranger abduction.

Whatever the answer, I think the investigation has/is stymied by immigration concerns. I know community leaders made an effort early on to encourage people to come forward without fear of deportation. But Noema’s boyfriend at the time (not Dulce’s father) was deported for unrelated issues soon after the disappearance, and I’m sure that didn’t help.

I know Noema isn’t popular on social media/TV. I think that’s awful. Poor kid was shamed for daring to accept a slice of pizza during a search. She also didn’t call 911 immediately, which I don’t see as proof of a planned kidnapping - I see a very immature mother. Could she have provided better supervision? Sure. But there’s one person to blame, and that’s whoever took Dulce. JMO.

I don’t recall E, the boyfriend, being deported. I remember reading that he was detained by ICE but then released.
There used to be a poster here named PunkCake who was semi-local. I don’t remember seeing them lately.
SFF

Whatever the answer, I think the investigation has/is stymied by immigration concerns. I know community leaders made an effort early on to encourage people to come forward without fear of deportation. But Noema’s boyfriend at the time (not Dulce’s father) was deported for unrelated issues soon after the disappearance, and I’m sure that didn’t help.

I know Noema isn’t popular on social media/TV. I think that’s awful. Poor kid was shamed for daring to accept a slice of pizza during a search. She also didn’t call 911 immediately, which I don’t see as proof of a planned kidnapping - I see a very immature mother. Could she have provided better supervision? Sure. But there’s one person to blame, and that’s whoever took Dulce. JMO.

I don’t recall E, the boyfriend, being deported. I remember reading that he was detained by ICE but then released.
There used to be a poster here named PunkCake who was semi-local. I don’t remember seeing them lately.

You’re correct. I just remember ICE being involved and probably assumed deportation. Thanks for correction!

Really curious. TIA

I believe she was abducted by a stranger who took her quickly from the scene by vehicle and there just hasn't been enough evidence to identify him yet.
I don't believe Dulce's family has any more information or ideas than we do, and this is a tragic wrong-place / wrong-time case.
All IMO.

ETA: After you read everything, I'd be curious to hear your options.

I believe she was abducted by a stranger who took her quickly from the scene by vehicle and there just hasn't been enough evidence to identify him yet.
I don't believe Dulce's family has any more information or ideas than we do, and this is a tragic wrong-place / wrong-time case.
All IMO.

ETA: After you read everything, I'd be curious to hear your options.
I’m working at it. o_O

Really curious. TIA
I’ve always thought ( maybe just wishful thinking) that it was someone she knew, hopefully family that is taking care of her. But I don’t think it was mom or grandparents. I think this because her little brother indicated someone motioned to her and she went to them. I always wondered why he didn’t go too. Maybe she knew them and he didn’t? Also, no sign of her ice cream treat. Like she got in the vehicle willingly instead of being grabbed. I keep hoping the little brother will remember something and be able to verbalize it as his communication skills improve

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back