NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are not normal questions for anyone to google about their child unless they knew to ask them at the time.
As a mother and step mom and friend foster parent of children with complicated medical issues..I have googled random fine detailed questions ,but the elevated blood sugar question kinda makes me feel like he actually tested this poor kids glucose . I wish I could shake it. like nah he aint do that..
Exactly this… as someone with a medical background I can tell you these are definitely not questions that an everyman would think to Google, unless they themselves had a medical background of some sort (doubtful, since one of the next questions poised was “How does gastrointestinal bleeding happen?”) OR they were TOLD medical information that they didn’t understand, causing them to look it up.

Something is very off that this was the information CG already had less than 24 hours after Corey died. Who was relaying it to him?

MOO.

Exactly this… as someone with a medical background I can tell you these are definitely not questions that an everyman would think to Google, unless they themselves had a medical background of some sort (doubtful, since one of the next questions poised was “How does gastrointestinal bleeding happen?”) OR they were TOLD medical information that they didn’t understand, causing them to look it up.

Something is very off that this was the information CG already had less than 24 hours after Corey died. Who was relaying it to him?

MOO.
Legal question.

Was this witness put on the stand to testify to these specific medical findings…to ‘open the door’ to questioning CG about how he got this specific information..so quickly…to google?

All those decisions are legal ones ,with laws already backing them. It is not just about being scolded in court.
I saw nobody being scolded in court this morning. I saw defense attorney raise a stink about a journalist/photographer, asking for sidebar, animated conversation among judge and counsel from both sides in which defense attorney was red faced. I saw the Judge questioning Mr. Costello to make sure he was not getting juror images, Costello confirming he indeed was not and that was the end of it.

I am not disagreeing with you about public's right to witness our judicial system at work or the freedom of press to cover it.

@ShadyLady

Not even 1 and a half days!!!!
It was HOURS!!!

Corey died 5pm on 4/2/21!!! The searches below start 22 hours later!!!!

4/3/21 3:14pm
What causes rise in blood sugar and white blood cells

4/3/21 3:55pm
Could internal bleeding raise your blood sugar levels

4/3/21 3:56pm
How does gastrointestinal bleeding happen

4/3/21 4:28pm
How does gastrointestinal bleeding how pong to die

4/3/21 6:55pm
Can a gastrointestinal bleed be slow
I wonder if Gregor father was there? Transmitting live to his fleeing son. Doesn't an autopsy have to list who witnessed it? Or he may have enough pull to be standing in the hall getting notes from ME.

I wonder if Gregor father was there? Transmitting live to his fleeing son. Doesn't an autopsy have to list who witnessed it?
I imagine LE would get results of any tests done on Corey pretty quickly, as we know CG was shouting from the roof to his parents ...WHAT did Breanna do? And grandpa called LE to hospital on the way there.

EDIT: come to think about it...if I were grandpa I would not like to be dragged into case any further.

I imagine LE would get results of any tests done on Corey pretty quickly, as we know CG was shouting from the roof to his parents ...WHAT did Breanna do? And grandpa called LE to hospital on the way there.

EDIT: come to think about it...if I were grandpa I would not like to be dragged into case any further.
I am not his grandpa ,and I dont want him dragged in any more!

Did anyone else hear on the live stream at 2:33:25 as the jurors are leaving one male juror laughing followed by a female juror saying “what a waste” (or something to that effect). I hope the jurors are taking this case seriously as it’s one of the most unsettling cases to date.

I agree that Corey did not catch his death at the hospital .
Some people really do though .
(I hope you don't think I was minimizing any kind of pneumonia, from wherever it's contracted. People contract awful diseases in the hospital. I only meant that Corey did not contract acute pneumonia by passing through a hospital and die from it one day later.)

Jmo

I don't recall gp/gm being asked where they went after arriving at hosp. I'd guess to PD even though he dissed them, they did they accompany Corey's body to morgue to keep the M's apart from the boy? I don't think we've heard much about what happened afterwards. Did gp get the ME right on it, knowing the M's were sidetracked with grief? The 3rd should be Saturday, I wonder when the autopsy started, were Gregor(s) there. He had a vested interest in spinning the participation of his fleeing son. He said as much, that he talked to the detective, who, iirc wasn't called to testify, and gave the detective all the background. You betcha.

Last edited:
“How does gastrointestinal bleeding happen?”) OR they were TOLD medical information that they didn’t understand, causing them to look it up.
This is kind of what it sounds like to me. Maybe because this is what I would do if a doctor told me something and I wanted to get more info about it.

The googles about tracking and airplane mode are more ominous in my opinion.

Did anyone else hear on the live stream at 2:33:25 as the jurors are leaving one male juror laughing followed by a female juror saying “what a waste” (or something to that effect). I hope the jurors are taking this case seriously as it’s one of the most unsettling cases to date.
nope I sure did miss that, were jurors visible on the livestream? I haven't seen or heard any jurors on the Law & Crime livestream I've been watching.

I think the jurors are taking this case very seriously, or at least I would hope so.

I just played it back at that time stamp. Someone off camera (female) says what a waste, and someone else (male maybe) chuckles. No jurors were on camera. This was likely attorneys or other court personnel and not jurors. JMO

(I hope you don't think I was minimizing any kind of pneumonia, from wherever it's contracted. People contract awful diseases in the hospital. I only meant that Corey did not contract acute pneumonia by passing through a hospital and die from it one day later.)

Jmo

My guess is that the Defense's expert will not assert that Corey died of pneumonia he contracted the day before but rather that he contracted pneumonia the day before and the infection entered his bloodstream, leading to sepsis, which can kill within hours.

MOO

female juror saying “what a waste” (or something to that effect).

NO. I just re-listened.
To me that sounds exactly like Lento (lead prosecutor) speaking since if is high volume and the microphone is very close to her, but I don't know what she was saying. She and Schron are smart enough not to say something like that in court.

Wouldn’t surprise me. Like I said this witness was not needed. It was a waste of their time to drag them in for just this witness and to delay the trial by so many days. Many other medical professionals who physically examined him already testified as to Corey’s health on the day in question. He had no infections. I’m confused why the state felt this witness was so critical to their case that they would delay the trial this much for her. JMO

NO. I just re-listened.
To me that sounds just like Lento, and I don't know what she was saying.
just before that exchange someone references Friday. Then come the what a waste and chuckle. Maybe they are referring to Gregor testifying? Isn't that when we are supposed to hear from him per defense atty?

just before that exchange someone references Friday. Then come the what a waste and chuckle. Maybe they are referring to Gregor testifying? Isn't that when we are supposed to hear from him per defense atty?
Is it definitely "What a waste" or perhaps "I can't wait" ? If it's referring to Friday and the possibility of CG taking the stand, then the 2nd option would make perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damnthatsux