NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the ME, who said Corey had pneumonia? Didn't the ME retract that?
From what I've read, the forensic pathologist for the state is going to assert that Corey had pneumonia that led to sepsis, which would account for the organ damage and lacerations.

I don't think he's retracted that -- but I could be wrong.

(I hope you don't think I was , from wherever it's contracted. People contract awful diseases in the hospital. I only meant that Corey did not contract acute pneumonia by passing through a hospital and die from it one day later.)

Jmo
I do not think you wee minimizing any kind of pneumonia.

From what I've read, the forensic pathologist for the state is going to assert that Corey had pneumonia that led to sepsis, which would account for the organ damage and lacerations.

Adding to my own post...

Okay so the expert for the Defense is Dr. Michael Baden. He's supposedly widely known and respected but I think he's also pretty old.

Almost. ME and State's forensic pathologist agree, not pneumonia, not sepsis, but blunt force trauma/internal injuries caused Corey's death. The defense forensic pathologist, I think Dr. Baden(?) is expected to testify that it was sepsis from pneumonia.

Almost. ME and State's forensic pathologist agree, not pneumonia, not sepsis, but blunt force trauma/internal injuries caused Corey's death. The defense forensic pathologist, I think Dr. Baden(?) is expected to testify that it was sepsis from pneumonia.
Yes, Baden. I think he's like 90 years old, so his age *could* undermine his testimony. I shouldn't say that -- but I don't know how that could play with the jury.

Where did you read that? He already testified, said that Corey did not have a scintilla of sepsis, said the post death ct showed bogus pneumonia, was not read correctly because of the way blood slows or stops flowing thru the lungs, showing a phenomenon that was mistaken for pneu. Said the dr who read that ct and the ME withdrew their diagnoses and backed the state's forensic pathologist. Didn't we learn the ME will not testify? Is he a forensic pathologist?

Last edited:
I am wondering at what point Dr B loses his respected image. I don't watch that many trials, but I now really question his motives.
Maybe during this trial?

But the sepsis idea wasn't his originally--at least, I don't think so. Gallucci "...told the jury she had signed her son out of Community Medical Center in Toms River at some point before he died, against medical advice, even though she was told Corey might have sepsis as a result of complications from pneumonia."

I've heard testimony saying Corey was okay, but I haven't heard that BM signed him out of the medical center against medical advice.

Who testified to that? Or, is that still coming?

He already testified, said that Corey did not have a scintilla of sepsis, said the post death ct showed bogus pneumonia, was not read correctly because of the way blood slows or stops flowing thru the lungs, showing a phenomenon that was mistaken for pneu. Said the dr who read that ct and the ME withdrew their diagnoses and backed the state's forensic pathologist.
Also, my bad, I meant the forensic expert for the Defense, not the State. Sorry.

Maybe during this trial?

But the sepsis idea wasn't his originally--at least, I don't think so. Gallucci "...told the jury she had signed her son out of Community Medical Center in Toms River at some point before he died, against medical advice, even though she was told Corey might have sepsis as a result of complications from pneumonia."

I've heard testimony saying Corey was okay, but I haven't heard that BM signed him out of the medical center against medical advice.

Who testified to that? Or, is that still coming?
nobody has testified to that and nobody will, defense attorney made it up and said it during opening statements. The only testimony that was provided to further his outrageous claim is that BM refused an ambulance that was offered and signed Corey out of one hospital AMA in order to take him to the other one which had a pediatric child abuse physician on staff per the suggestion of Corey's physician. She was NEVER told he might have sepsis by the first hospital because he did not have sepsis. their records reflect the lack of sepsis diagnosis Callucci made such a point of suggesting to the jury.

She drove him immediately to that second hospital where bloodwork and a thorough physical exam showed no sign of infection or pneumonia. Corey was then discharged that same evening because, per medical records and physician reports on this ER visit on April 1, he was suffering no emergent illness or injury.

Gallucci attempted to suggest Corey was deathly ill and mom ripped him from the arms of concerned medical professionals. that suggestion was not based in truth, rather it was showman ship for the jury's benefit in hopes it would stick in their minds.

nobody has testified to that and nobody will, defense attorney made it up and said it during opening statements. The only testimony that was provided to further his outrageous claim is that BM refused an ambulance that was offered and signed Corey out of one hospital AMA in order to take him to the other one which had a pediatric child abuse physician on staff per the suggestion of Corey's physician. She was NEVER told he might have sepsis by the first hospital because he did not have sepsis. their records reflect the lack of sepsis diagnosis Callucci made such a point of suggesting to the jury.

She drove him immediately to that second hospital where bloodwork and a thorough physical exam showed no sign of infection or pneumonia. Corey was then discharged that same evening because, per medical records and physician reports on this ER visit on April 1, he was suffering no emergent illness or injury.

Gallucci attempted to suggest Corey was deathly ill and mom ripped him from the arms of concerned medical professionals. that suggestion was not based in truth, rather it was showman ship for the jury's benefit in hopes it would stick in their minds.
Gallucci's dishonest playbook where he also stated in court that cg picked Corey up 6 times, each time putting him back on the treadmill. Big Fat Lie.

Others are way better informed than I am on this one, but is everything Gallucci said then a lie? Was there no elevated white blood count, glucose, or lactic acid in Corey's blood the day before?

All this time I figured CG was googling the white count stuff because someone told him Corey's count had been elevated. I thought it might have been on that paper BM told Corey to give his dad from the hospital.

This case is way convoluted--and I don't think attorneys should be able to flat-out lie about things like a mother signing her child out against medical advice.

Who was this Dr. Lawkin (sp) that Gallucci mentioned in his opening statement? Has he testified already? Or does he even exist?

Others are way better informed than I am on this one, but is everything Gallucci said then a lie? Was there no elevated white blood count, glucose, or lactic acid in Corey's blood the day before?

All this time I figured CG was googling the white count stuff because someone told him Corey's count had been elevated. I thought it might have been on that paper BM told Corey to give his dad from the hospital.

This case is way convoluted--and I don't think attorneys should be able to flat-out lie about things like a mother signing her child out against medical advice.

Who was this Dr. Lawkin (sp) that Gallucci mentioned in his opening statement? Has he testified already? Or does he even exist?
IMO Defense lawyers lie, then judge informs jurors that what lawyers say in openings is not evidence. Which Judge Ryan did.

Thank you for clarifying this.

It was so misrepresented by the Defense.

She had to sign the AMA as a matter of hospital protocol/liability, but she was pressed for time. Why? Because CG was so absolutely impossible and utterly inflexible over visitation minutes so she didn't have the luxury of waiting there with Corey until the next ambulance was available. Instead, offered the alternative, she drove him herself, getting there with expediency.

If there was additional risk to Corey because of that decision, IMO that's on CG too. B was doing her best to get appropriate care for Corey while being afraid of CG and his constant efforts to sever her rights as mother.

Really dirty pool of the Defense to lay blame where blame isn't due. She was trying to get care for Corey. I can't fathom the pain she carries, having dropped him off that morning, no doubt wishing now she could have pulled him back to safety...

I hurt for her.

Jmo

Can anyone recall if in the litany of bruises Corey's pediatrician noted on him on April 1st visit included a bruise to his sternum described as being seen by ER docs on April 2nd as hospital staff disrobed him just prior to trying to save his life?

I heard testimony about their having noted bruising on his sternum the day he died just prior to resuscitation efforts (this is the bruising associated with the heart injury/tearing that the pros says was caused by Gregory and defense claims was from resuscitation attempts).

I can't recall with specificity if the pediatrician did not include that one in their list of bruises.

I believe that was the fatal injury and that it was dealt to Corey between his visit to Jersey Shore Medical late on April 1 and his final ER visit on the afternoon April 2. I further believe that bruising was not present on April 1.

But I am trying to find specific testimony/evidence that supports my belief.

Can anyone recall if in the litany of bruises Corey's pediatrician noted on him on April 1st visit included a bruise to his sternum described as being seen by ER docs on April 2nd as hospital staff disrobed him just prior to trying to save his life?

I heard testimony about their having noted bruising on his sternum the day he died just prior to resuscitation efforts (this is the bruising associated with the heart injury/tearing that the pros says was caused by Gregory and defense claims was from resuscitation attempts).

I can't recall with specificity if the pediatrician did not include that one in their list of bruises.

I believe that was the fatal injury and that it was dealt to Corey between his visit to Jersey Shore Medical late on April 1 and his final ER visit on the afternoon April 2. I further believe that bruising was not present on April 1.

But I am trying to find specific testimony/evidence that supports my belief.
Bruise on chess was there previously. iirc there were 14 different injuries. CG might then have hit Corey in the same places later. There was testimony of the different ages of injuries. Some healing had taken place.

Crikey... a nervewracking day in court., Dad Gregor, again, very smartly attired, someone is choosing his shirts and ties, but he has the air of a man who knows dreadful things, and regrets knowing these dreadful things about his son. Dr Feingold held her own, in my opinion , well spoken and articulate, no umming and ahhing, a woman of determined accuracy.

Info I lack, I cannot find it anywhere.. WHO notified Breanna that her son was dead? was it the police that Gregor snr called? . I presume Gramps and Gran did not have the courage to do so, certainly, Christopher didn't, and he told the hospital not to contact her, so who did? anyone know?

Oddly, neither Feingold, or Andrews mention any bruising on Corey's face. .. sepsis is not fussy about where it infects blood cells. Face, legs, torso, etc. And the photo Chris took of Corey, apparently sleeping, but he could have been unconscious, no bruising on his face.. Chris was very careful about distributing the bruises.

Mario seems to be desperate, this hollering at the witness is absurd and counterproductive, imo., doesn't extract any points for his client, which is surely the aim. Just sneering at a witness does not gain his client any advantage. He had to bring out error laden testimony, and he failed to do this. He was too busy trying ( and failing ) to diminish the witness and not her testimony, which was , while intricate, easily understood and logical.

Gregor Jnr again with sulk face, things are getting to the sharp end of the adventure, and unless Braden pulls a huge, white, fluffy, blue-eyed bigeared rabbit out the hat, Chris is going to Have To Take The Stand.

Last edited:
No doubt , should Christopher give testimony, someone will bring in a treadmill, and Chris can show how he himself mounts a moving treadmill at high speed and continues to run. Mario can catch him when he flies off it, his centre of gravity being much higher than Corey's, and Chris having the disadvantage of carrying extra poundage around his waist and upper arms and torso, affecting his trajectory when the treadmill hurls him off.

The first time, his legs will fly backwards and his head will hit the platform, due to his weight distribution, and before he can pick himself up, his face will be abraded by the moving platform. Physics and gravity kick in for everyone. The next time he tries it, his head will fly back first because of his attempt to lean forward while attempting to run, he might knock himself out at this point, requiring Mario and probably the uniformed cop to pick him up, Chris is a big unit,

The jury might be interested. . I know I would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirtyV53