NJ - Trial of Christopher Gregor Allegedly Beat 6-Year-OId Son to Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else notice after the first sidebar (1:18:05 where defense raises an objection and Ms Schron has to rephrase her question) she seems to say “sorry” to the Judge and he says “no problem”. She shows so much deference to the Judge - I don’t even think she needed to apologize after, whereas Gallucci has never apologized once for his antics in the courtroom.
Also does anyone know who is going to determine the sentence ? Sometimes it’s in the hands of the Judge, other times the jury hands it down. Curious to know who is going to decide in this case- I know NJ has strict sentencing laws for child homicide.

During the Apr1 ER visit, the doctor testifies (7:23 mark) to numerous bruises on the head, chest and legs and stated the largest is a chest bruise approx 5cmx5cm. They refer to the sternum bruise as Bruise #3 later on (8:27) when going over the list of all the bruises.

thanks to you and the other member who answered my question upthread (WS won't let me multi-quote right now for some reason)

So the bruise to sternum was present on April 1 physician and hospital visits that afternoon/evening. So that shoots down my theory on that.

Does anyone else notice after the first sidebar (1:18:05 where defense raises an objection and Ms Schron has to rephrase her question) she seems to say “sorry” to the Judge and he says “no problem”. She shows so much deference to the Judge - I don’t even think she needed to apologize after, whereas Gallucci has never apologized once for his antics in the courtroom.
Also does anyone know who is going to determine the sentence ? Sometimes it’s in the hands of the Judge, other times the jury hands it down. Curious to know who is going to decide in this case- I know NJ has strict sentencing laws for child homicide.
I believe a judge imposes sentence even if a jury was responsible for rendering the conviction.
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.njcourts.gov/sites/default/files/forms/12246_guide_judicial_process.pdf

Gregor was charged in two separate incidents, each having different charges associated with them. The treadmill incident, which resulted in a charge of child endangerment (Count 1), occurred on March 20, 2021. On April 2, 2021 (Count 2), Corey died of blunt force trauma; no treadmill was involved. The charge of causing Corey’s death is described as Gregor “knowingly caused serious bodily injury resulting in the death of another.”
[snip]
If convicted, he faces life in prison.
NJ v. Christopher Gregor: Treadmill Abuse Murder Trial

Gregor faces 30 years to life in prison if convicted.
Christopher Gregor, NJ dad accused of son’s treadmill death, tried to coach his mother’s testimony

Gregor is being held in the Ocean County Jail. If he is convicted of murder, he would face 30 years without the possibility of parole up to life in prison. He could face up to 10 years in prison if convicted of child endangerment.
Christopher Gregor left 6-year-old son Corey Micciolo in his dying moments: Nurse

So the Jury charge sheet which was discussed on Tues also includes the charges of involuntary manslaughter and reckless manslaughter so the jury can also convict him of that incase one dissident juror decides it was not murder. I wonder how long of a sentence they carry considering Corey was just a child.

I know CG turned down the plea deal of 30 years - curious to know if that was specifically for the murder charge or for the homicide of a child in general. Whatever the case, I hope his actual sentence is longer than that.

So the Jury charge sheet which was discussed on Tues also includes the charges of involuntary manslaughter and reckless manslaughter so the jury can also convict him of that incase one dissident juror decides it was not murder. I wonder how long of a sentence they carry considering Corey was just a child.

I know CG turned down the plea deal of 30 years - curious to know if that was specifically for the murder charge or for the homicide of a child in general. Whatever the case, I hope his actual sentence is longer than that.
It would be a crime not to give him life. Corey had a full life ahead.

dang it. I hate the fact that we have all these breaks in this trial. I worry the jury will lose the thread due to protracted absences from court as testimony and evidence fade from their memories. Testimony may lose some of its initial impact after days spent away from the case. JMO :(

Accused Child Killer's Son Could Have Died from Sepsis: Chief Medical Examiner​

The title of this video is about 180deg from what was said by the guest, the flavor and summary belies the title, imo. She said curtly it could be possible but would depend on the microscopics of the lung.
8:00
"Clearly there is an established chronic abuse pattern in this poor child, suffering all these bruises, they are all suspicious, they don't look like the bruises of normal childhood" goes on to mention the treadmill, the allegations by the mother, etc. "Important to get it right".
"

Last edited:
4 days of Teetime for the judge, who was so focused on the Memorial Day weekend anyway.

Quelle surprise.
I can't remember a case where so many are so blasé about the victim. The bizarre time gaps sure to PO the jury. The access of the jury to simple non traceable youtube surfing. The pure meanness of the defendant and family. Imo You know the tiny kid whose life was stolen. COREY.

@cathyrusson

NEW: No court tomorrow in #ChristopherGregor. One of the participants has fallen ill. The trial resumes Tuesday morning. We expect Dr. Michael Baden to testify for the defense and then we expect the defendant to take the stand.

No court tomorrow.

"Fallen ill".... there's an archaic expression... perhaps the doctor has had a turn of fortune....

Or perhaps the accused? Did he stumble during recreation hour and the ground bit him in the head?

We'd hear about it if there was a jail yard brawl, I'd think. Bullies tend to be all-powerbullful. Until they meet bullies who are bigger and bullier. Unfortunately the defendant is probably untouched.

So who could it be?

"Participant". That's a carefully chosen word.

Judge
Bailiff
Court Reporter
Juror
Counsel
Defendant
Witness

Hmmmm.

Injury? Illness? Infirmity? Routine? Dire?

No court tomorrow.

"Fallen ill".... there's an archaic expression... perhaps the doctor has had a turn of fortune....

Or perhaps the accused? Did he stumble during recreation hour and the ground bit him in the head?

We'd hear about it if there was a jail yard brawl, I'd think. Bullies tend to be all-powerbullful. Until they meet bullies who are bigger and bullier. Unfortunately the defendant is probably untouched.

So who could it be?

"Participant". That's a carefully chosen word.

Judge
Bailiff
Court Reporter
Juror
Counsel
Defendant
Witness

Hmmmm.

Injury? Illness? Infirmity? Routine? Dire?
1st pick the Defendant!

2nd pick the defendant's Counsel.

1st pick the Defendant!

2nd pick the defendant's Counsel.
I reckon Chris has puked it. Someone has to put a bit of steel in his spine, before Tuesday. Maybe Dad got a bit carried away and shouted at him and we can't have that, can we. ..... Come Tuesday he'll have an 'upset tummy'.. Wednesday, a 'toothache'.. Thursday, a 'headache'.. you get my drift.......

I think it's Mario playing games. Remember, Mario I think was pushing towards starting Christopher's testimony on Tuesday ANYWAY, right? "When" he testifies? Pfft.

That, and all of the main participants like Judge Ryan got psyched for a 4 day Vaycay.
They just cannot get Chris into any state to present himself as a rational human being. They have tried and tried, but you cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. .. Chris is what he is, just another child basher,, trash, dim and dull.

I can't remember a case where so many are so blasé about the victim. The bizarre time gaps sure to PO the jury. The access of the jury to simple non traceable youtube surfing. The pure meanness of the defendant and family. Imo You know the tiny kid whose life was stolen. COREY.
What disturbs me about this case is the acceptance that the Gregor's were considered to be vastly better guardians of Corey than Breanna. Why on earth? their son was a failure at 21 ,going round New Jersey impregnating 16 yr olds, didn't he know anything about birds and bees and why didn't he? such a failure in parenting, and such trashy behavior,,and then Chris, with the backing of the oldies, is deemed responsible enough to bring up another male...Chris himself was not a solid citizen.

That Mario can claim Breanna couldn't bring up a goldfish has to be the stupidest saying of all, considering his client's son is indicted for MURDER. Murder being an intentional act,, light years away from manslaughter. Murder implies he knew what he was doing, he premeditated on it, he could have stopped,,he could have got assistance, he wanted to murder a child. His own child.,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74